• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whiskey
    - Open up your config_mp.cfg file.

- Add the following:
    seta waypointiconheight "15"
    seta waypointiconwidth "15"

Thats kind of cool. Now if only someone would find a way to make the name-tags smaller.

Comment

• WHats wrong with name tags?

Comment

• When you get too many on-screen at the same time, it blocks things/people in the background that can kill you. In general, there are too many icons and such on-screen at one time, IMO.

For those wondering, I've also found the commands to reduce the size of the player and team-mate arrows on your mini-map. Try adjusting these in your config_mp.cfg (again, adjust numbers to your own taste, "10" makes it very small):

seta compassPlayerHeight "15"
        seta compassPlayerWidth "15"
        seta compassFriendlyHeight "15"
        seta compassFriendlyWidth "15"

Comment

• Doorways - This is where you will die 70% of the time in a building, the other times come from cooked grenades; and missed shots. But being prepared is key.
          Whether this means letting some one go ahead of you (to see where the shots are being fired from), flashing before entering or guarding the doorway they are all viable tactics and will save you from a lot of unnecessary deaths.

3 X flash/stun - A very underused perk, but perfect for those of you who do a lot of 'beat running'*. This will allow you to safely breach any building or adjacent hallway and give you the upper key. The one most prepared is the one who wins. This is key in CoD4 where veritable milliseconds are the difference between +10 points or the killcam view.

Camp effectively - Camping is notably different in CoD4 from most games; the maps are small, and the spawn placements constantly change. So camping on the roof looking in one direction doesn't work like it would in another game.

The best approach to camping is to find those areas where the enemy crosses or is required to pass to get to the next point, like the bridges in Overgrown, and the alley in Crash.

You're only as strong as the weakest link - If you notice someone on your team who is 1/3 or 1/4 in terms of KD/Ratio, buddy up with him, or just simply follow him. At least minimizing the impact he has for the other team to rack up points. When he dies you can assuredly take out his opponent.

Be smart with the AirStrike - Never ever, call in an Airstrike without an active UAV, you can wait up to 30 seconds, and even use it should you die next respawn. This assures you the maximum effectiveness instead of just blindly placing on the map.

If you must use it without one, consider calling it on your own position if you notice fire coming in from several directions. It's like Martydom only from above.

* Beat Runners was an old term for people in Quake/UT who ran the same route until they mastered it and the weapon pickups. The same tactis is often applied in CoD4 with regards to people picking a certain route and sticking to it; but oft with poor choices in equipment/perks for this type of play-style.

Comment

• Lemme get this clear, i can detonate C4 by double tapping my "F" key?

Comment

• yup...

Comment

• Hm... Didnt work for me:/

Comment

• It does work...

Comment

• Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                    Hm... Didnt work for me:/
                    I think you have to switch to your weapon first (this way, you can also defend yourself while you wait for someone to come near the C4), then double-tap the "use" key quickly. It works.

Comment

• i tried double tapping "use" and the C4 exploded but i also threw my weapon. I had a pistol and nothing else. odd...

Comment

• Originally posted by troybob View Post
                        i tried double tapping "use" and the C4 exploded but i also threw my weapon. I had a pistol and nothing else. odd...
                        Hmm...shouldn't do that. I just tried it, worked fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                          Hmm...shouldn't do that. I just tried it, worked fine.
                          might have been a fluke since i was standing on top of like 3 different guns.

Comment

• Okay it works for me now

Anyways my tip is: SHOOT THE ****ING CHOPTER!!! I dont give a crap what weapon you have, just shoot the damn thing

Comment

• i forward waaahs tip!!!! when there is a chopper, use nade launchers!!! no1 does, but its like 2nd most affective way of taking them down!!!!!

Comment

• ??? 1. mg
                                2. rpg
                                3. ok fine nade launcher

oh and its almost better to just take cover cause if you start firing, then they will know where you are
                                if you are in the covering, the chopper wont shoot....

Comment

Working...
                                X