Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the point of the Ghillie Suit if you can't hide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D3lit3 View Post
    All the hype surrounding the Ghillie suit was BS it seems.

Today I playing overgrown with a ghillie and a Dragunov. Got a few kills, great. Then I thought, "Hey it's a Ghillie Suit, why don't I blend in and hid in the grass and snipe from there?"

This is where the suit f41ls. If you lie prone in the grass you can't see squat! If you get up into a crouching position you can see and start shooting, but people can see you because your upper body and head are visible.

This sucks. I was hoping to snipe camoed in the grass where no one can see me but it turns out the grass is too tall to see anything. Also, the only map where the ghillie suit is helpful is Overgrown...

Does anyone agree with me?
    Well, I disagree.

See, the only thing I don't like about the guille, is how you stand out like a boulder in a field at medium, long distance, because nobodies graphics shows grass that far away, so you can be seen easily, I will make and post pictures of this problem later. (I don't have this problem, I know how do hide, but I'm pointing this out as so many people get own3d for this.

What I do like about the guille is once somebody is in close range, it's very hard to spot.

And as for you grass in the eyes problem, real snipers have this too, so what do they do? They camp the edges or ridges, or snipe from hills. Try that, but don't stick out.

Comment

i actually blended in pretty well on bloc with the grass near the mid i picked off abunch there but the dam kill cam gave me away

Comment

If you lie prone in the grass you can't see squat! If you get up into a crouching position you can see and start shooting, but people can see you because your upper body and head are visible.

just like in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistle View Post
          just like in real life.
          exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Whistle View Post
            just like in real life.
            who mows the lawn at your house!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
              who mows the lawn at your house!
              Who mows the grass on a battlefield?

Comment

It's mostly cows.

Comment

Haha, nice stealth Stonecold

Guess I was wrong. Too bad the only 2 good maps for a sniper are Overgrown and Bloc though.

Comment

Thanks...

You can snipe in any maps, but OverGrown and Bloc offers bit more possibilities when you choose location...

Comment

Pipeline is great for snipers, same with Crossfire and Strike.

Just depends on your style and preferences.

@Bradley, I know exactly what you mean. On Pipeline from the lower area, the building with a mounted M249, a person in there will see all the snipers on that grassy hill without seeing the grass. Once zoomed in the grass goes away, but you can always zoom out and check back to see if they're still there. It's annoying. Plus when using the mounted gun the grass doesn't show up.

Comment

Originally posted by D3lit3
                        Haha, nice stealth Stonecold

Guess I was wrong. Too bad the only 2 good maps for a sniper are Overgrown and Bloc though.
                        so so so so wrong.

Best maps for sniper are,

Overgrown, Bloc, Wet Work, and Crossfire.

These are the only 4 i have encountered so far that allow me to snipe successfully.

Comment

Pipeline is very sniper friendly eliminator.

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz
                            Pipeline is very sniper friendly eliminator.
                            yes sorry i meant to mention this map but couldnt quite remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                              Pipeline is great for snipers, same with Crossfire and Strike.

Just depends on your style and preferences.

@Bradley, I know exactly what you mean. On Pipeline from the lower area, the building with a mounted M249, a person in there will see all the snipers on that grassy hill without seeing the grass. Once zoomed in the grass goes away, but you can always zoom out and check back to see if they're still there. It's annoying. Plus when using the mounted gun the grass doesn't show up.
                              Yeah, I don't have that problem much as I make sure what's behind me matches the color I am, I'm just saying that because I see the snipers easily there. But on the occasions I do get killed because of that I'm just plain sad...:|:

Comment

All the hype surrounding the Ghillie suit was BS it seems.

Today I playing overgrown with a ghillie and a Dragunov. Got a few kills, great. Then I thought, "Hey it's a Ghillie Suit, why don't I blend in and hid in the grass and snipe from there?"

This is where the suit f41ls. If you lie prone in the grass you can't see squat! If you get up into a crouching position you can see and start shooting, but people can see you because your upper body and head are visible.

This sucks. I was hoping to snipe camoed in the grass where no one can see me but it turns out the grass is too tall to see anything. Also, the only map where the ghillie suit is helpful is Overgrown...

Does anyone agree with me?
                                some maps other than overgrown work... like um sometimes in pipeline it works well

Comment

Working...
                                X