Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the point of the Ghillie Suit if you can't hide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ch3ch3n View Post
    the problem isn t the suite its the fact that you cant have silencer on the rifle. Wat s the point of having uav jammer if the enemy can spot you every shot you make. Every other weapon can have silencer and be totaly unnoticed by the radar and a sniper cant i thing it s a shame. They made it like that.
    First off: Spell Check
    One major reason why there aren't silencers on the sniper rifles is because silencers are pretty much useless on weapons that fire bullets at supersonic speeds (ex. Modern Sniper Rifles). They can prevent the "uncorking" sound of the bullet, but not the sonic booms the bullet makes once it has left the barrel. You can find silencers on older sniper rifles (WWII era for example) that fire bullets at under supersonic speeds, but not in COD4.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
      LOL it' nots not a secret, not even close, just the way that i get around that im sure TONS do, so dont think of it as a secret, i didnt mean it that way. all i do is just lie down in the grass no where near the edge with the grass in my eyes so i cant see anthying and wait for movement. a lot of the snipers ive seen sit right on the edge so theyre very visible. sorry for the misunderstanding.
      Now that i look at that video, thats exactly what i do, crawl around in the mud and wait for the prefect sot, and getttng about 4 kills per round hehehe....
      That 4 kills per round isn't exactly much...

And i do usually sit near the edge of the grass, and most of the times i get round off faster than the other sniper..

Comment

quick movements ususally help me. E.g if youre on downpour and your the marines. The house on the right hand side, on the left on it there is a small bit of grass. If someone goes on the machine gun i just crouch, get him in my sights, go prone move side or forward so im not in the same position then u should have an idea of where he is then pick him off next time u prone.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
          I'm too noobilicious for Hardcore mode. Give me a little more time to learn the game, then I'll probably be a Hardcore junkie looking for another fix.
          Hardcore is silly.
          Noobs pwn in hardcore. Why? Because they get 1 lucky shot and your dead. When I play hard core, I get a 3:1 K/D with a pistol. A few of my guys in my clan play hardcore and then they come play regular and they cant kill a damn thing cuz their so used to shooting off 2 bullets into each person.:shakehead

Also, snipers should be able to have silencers (Besides the barret)
          Barret should be a 1 shot kill, slow reload because it packs such a punch and the other snipers should have the same reload time they have but also option of silencer so people don't see snipers flash and hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralPatton
            Hardcore is silly.
            Noobs pwn in hardcore. Why? Because they get 1 lucky shot and your dead. When I play hard core, I get a 3:1 K/D with a pistol. A few of my guys in my clan play hardcore and then they come play regular and they cant kill a damn thing cuz their so used to shooting off 2 bullets into each person.:shakehead
            You, my sir, has seen the light.

Comment

I have no problem with 1-2 shot kills in Hardcore. What really f*cking gets me is how a FOOT SHOT kills you! Jesus motherf*cking Christ, what is this? I shoot some fagg0t turd in the chest with a 5.56 and he's still running around, no problem... I get shot in the foot and my head comes off?

It's a good thing that kind of nonsense doesn't occur often. For what it's worth, I get turned off the moment something like that happens. Softcore has its problems, but they're pretty mild by comparison.

Comment

Keep off the grass, and you'll be off your head less =P

Hardcore's fine. Don't like it, don't play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Md2a View Post
                  Keep off the grass, and you'll be off your head less =P

Hardcore's fine. Don't like it, don't play it.
                  I don't know about you, but a shot to the arms or legs almost certainly won't kill me. I say almost certainly because I could be unlucky and get popped in an artery. Even then, it wouldn't be instantaneous.

The point is, shots to the arms and legs shouldn't count for the totality of your health in Hardcore mode. I don't really expect you to acknowledge that, since you're 16 and absolutely correct about everything... but just keep in mind that some of us appreciate "realism", when it makes sense.

I enjoy the occasional HC round, but you're right about one thing: if they can't be bothered to fix something that retarded, it's less frustrating to play Softcore.

Comment

I love hardcore, but I personally believe that it is too drastic a change from Regular --> Hardcore, which is where the realism arguments come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                      I don't know about you, but a shot to the arms or legs almost certainly won't kill me. I say almost certainly because I could be unlucky and get popped in an artery. Even then, it wouldn't be instantaneous.

The point is, shots to the arms and legs shouldn't count for the totality of your health in Hardcore mode. I don't really expect you to acknowledge that, since you're 16 and absolutely correct about everything... but just keep in mind that some of us appreciate "realism", when it makes sense.

I enjoy the occasional HC round, but you're right about one thing: if they can't be bothered to fix something that retarded, it's less frustrating to play Softcore.
                      Yeah, but if you get shot in the arm or leg, you arent gonna be breathing heavy for a second, then running around like nothings happened. Last stand is good for that, I guess. I do apprieciate realism, I love Armed Assault, cant stand CS.. CoD is just a fun shooter.

Comment

Yeah, but if you get shot in the arm or leg, you arent gonna be breathing heavy for a second, then running around like nothings happened.
                        Of course not, but then again, look at how ridiculous Softcore is in that aspect. You either go full realism like R6 or you tone it down...

They should give you an accuracy/speed deduction depending on whether you were shot in the arms or legs, and it would take a certain amount of time for your guy to recuperate. That would be sweet.

Comment

That what annoys me 2. Lying down in a grassy bit and you can not see very well, so u have 2 crouch then u get shot

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                            Of course not, but then again, look at how ridiculous Softcore is in that aspect. You either go full realism like R6 or you tone it down...

They should give you an accuracy/speed deduction depending on whether you were shot in the arms or legs, and it would take a certain amount of time for your guy to recuperate. That would be sweet.
                            Yeah, it does have its problems, but then every game does. That would be a good way to fix it though. I like other.. debilitating effects it has though. Like in War Pig in SP, if you stand right next to the gun barrel as it fires.

Comment

Originally posted by Trifledude View Post
                              That what annoys me 2. Lying down in a grassy bit and you can not see very well, so u have 2 crouch then u get shot
                              Position yourself better.

Comment

Originally posted by Trifledude View Post
                                Move around a little bit. Get it to where you can see your target and not grass. Dur. :nod:

Comment

Working...
                                X