The Point Of Cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitch66 View Post
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you might be or may have been one of those people and your taking this a bit personally. I don't recall using any of those colorful words in my post's but to each his own.
    You were talking something about moral fiber? Your lack of respect, complete ignorance and crude generalisation based on your own bad experience in a videogame with a cheater has made you into a victimised person. Note how I worded it out- I didnt say you used those words. I merely said that its a general attitude and a textbook insult on forums and servers, when it comes to a cheater.

No, I dont cheat, never have.

Take it as a problem with the system, not as a problem with people. I dont lose respect in people just because they have proven themselves to be cheating at a videogame. I fail to see how someone can take their game that seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
      In denial of what? That because i once hacked i'm a damaged person? That i'm inadequate in society? Or the fact i have serious underling physiological problems?
      Did you enjoy it? The answer is in the intent.

Hackers log on, rape afew servers, have a good laugh then log off and go do something else. Regular players just get pissed off with it, and it only spoils your fun because you allow it too. It's not hard to hit disconnect and go find another server, or speak to a admin and get them removed.
      Being ejected from a server by force is not fun. It's ten times worse when you're forced to leave by a person who refuses to play by the rules. This is made especially worse if it's on one of the rarely played maps that you can't exactly find a replacement for.

Whilst i do not fault you for trying to get the sites shut down, there's a hundred and one better things you could spend your time and money on to better the place we live in.
      Yes, he could buy a hack, and win every round. Thats a perfect use for his time.

Comparing it to real life, baseball bat + car, is wrong. Yeah hackers come on your server, but they don't cause any damage, they are kicked or banned. The next round they are completely forgotten.
      They cause severe damage, by having people do exactly what you suggested earlier.

People leave the server when a hacker tears it up at a rate ten times faster than any skilled player ever could cause to happen. Even if the administrator is quick to drop everything that hes doing, just to punish this one person who thinks it's more fun to ruin other people's fun, than to simply play properly for fun.

To me, the worst thing cheaters do, is give everybody a bad name. Because of Barry Bonds, every single baseball player in the future will have to undergo scrutiny, should they ever exceed the boundaries of acceptable skill. Thats precisely what everybody in BF2 has to go through. There will always be an Asterik beside a skilled player's head, merely because people suspect everything to be a cheat, merely because cheaters exist. Thats a far larger inconvenience for normal players than you'd lead us to believe.

Active cheaters deserve zero leniency as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

er

because a video game is for fun..

cheating is being selfish then if you are going to look at it like it

people enjoy games whats the point in cheating on somethign that is fun??

nothing.. its pointless..

thousands of people play these games and enjoy it the only time people get annoyed are when people cheat..

prooven fact

Comment

Cheating is selfish? you don`t say. I bought the game so that I could have fun not some random bloke from London. Call me a selfish bastard for doing so if you have to.

I don`t give a hoot if someone`s fun is ruined because of my obvious hacking in CoD2, or by playing honestly in BF2, UT or any other game, and it`s very easy to ruin someones fun just by doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
            Cheating is selfish? you don`t say. I bought the game so that I could have fun not some random bloke from London.
            I don`t give a hoot if someone`s fun is ruined because of my obvious hacking in CoD2, or by playing honestly in BF2, UT or any other game, and it`s very easy to ruin someones fun just by doing that.
            Indeed, and by the end of the day, if someone who is obviously damn skilled, jumps into the server and pretty much dominates the living hell out of everyone, it is no different.

Comment

the point of cheating is to p**s off other players, maybe...

Comment

They do it because they can, gives them a feeling of some sort of power and meaning i guess.

Comment

To cut a long story short, cheating is a neglected persons way of getting attention.

Comment

Funny story and yes it's true.

Last week I was on a 24/7 infantry only server and we had a guy by the name of "Stiffler" if I rember correctly that was using a some type of hack that allowed him to shoot players up by the right side artillery piece all the way from the roof of the square.

Now this guy was not making any attempt to hide his dirty deeds from the other players on the server as he was doing the same thing with a pistol.

Long story short is that there was no admin on but the players from both teams got so pissed off because it was ruining everyone’s enjoyment that we all turned in to a bunch of vigilantes and began taking turns team killing him so much that he could not use his hack on the other teams players and after 2- rounds of that I guess he got the message and left. Now that was fun!

Mitch

Comment

I fail to see how this makes you look any more mature, civilised, reasonable and less mentally retarded than the guy who uses hacks?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                        I fail to see how this makes you look any more mature, civilised, reasonable and less mentally retarded than the guy who uses hacks?
                        You fail a lot.
                        We don't need to know that anymore.

Comment

The Point Of Cheating?
                          Points.

Comment

Helicopter battles can be extremely fun, but not when the f@g on the opposite team is using a macro/autoclicker to guide his TV missile: the difficulty of his shots just went down to zero, as all he's left with now is keeping a cross on or near the chopper.

I can't even begin to imagine how bad it must be on the ground with aimbots, wallhacks, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post

Never claimed any of that in my little story so what's your point? Besides what would you have done and please don’t say something lame like I would just go find another server, screw that his sorry *** can leave! Oh I know maybe we could coddle him and just explain in a kind motherly way that what he is doing is wrong and that he should not do it. I am sure that would have work.

Mitch

Comment

sv_cheats + noclip + ent_fire = fun. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X