Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chopper soloing: a problem or an art?

Originally posted by G0ggy View Post
    I'm sure you meant "you're", but I let you off your inadequacies.
    You know youve lost an argument once you start picking on spelling and grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by G0ggy
      I'm confused, I thought you would follow Chris anyway?
      His is scented. What can I say? I'm a sucker for that pine freshness...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
        You know youve lost an argument once you start picking on spelling and grammar.
        Really, I thought you'd already grasped the context of debating, shame. I don't want you to feel picked on, so please, continue to confabulate in that pigeon English you colonially call 'American English', what's the matter? Run out of 5+ syllable words to Google?

Comment

Goggy, Staffordshire, yet Welsh Rugby Union badge?

KBK

Comment

Really, I thought you'd already grasped the context of debating, shame. I don't want you to feel picked on, so please, continue to confabulate in that pigeon English you colonially call 'American English', what's the matter? Run out of 5+ syllable words to Google?
            The fact that my English isnt highly advanced comes from 2 factors.
            The indepth courses of English language, UK English, ended with 12th grade in highschool.
            College English has been so laughably easy that on the first semester, we had to write a 200 word short essay on Aviation, any subject we wanted to. The second semester we had an exam that was easier than highschool exam, at which I scored a shameful 86 points out of 100. All this while English was my 3rd language. Ive picked up a lot, mainly "spoken language", the style, some grammar, from forums and Hollywood movies.

All this while I still know that debates are all about stands backed up by argumentation, with facts. You lack any argument whatsoever and your concept of teamwork is as vague as your knowledge of debate. For you see, and intelligent person would never use the word "debate" to flatter his fragile ego while he knows hes not debating, but arguining. Going personally into insults immediately makes a difference between a blatant argument and a purposeful, intelligent debate.

Now please, crawl under a rock and die.

Comment

Originally from Wales, but moved due to work.

As the advert said "Never forget you're Welsh!"

The fact that my English isnt highly advanced comes from 2 factors.
              The indepth courses of English language, UK English, ended with 12th grade in highschool.
              College English has been so laughably easy that on the first semester, we had to write a 200 word short essay on Aviation, any subject we wanted to. The second semester we had an exam that was easier than highschool exam, at which I scored a shameful 86 points out of 100. All this while English was my 3rd language. Ive picked up a lot, mainly "spoken language", the style, some grammar, from forums and Hollywood movies.

All this while I still know that debates are all about stands backed up by argumentation, with facts. You lack any argument whatsoever and your concept of teamwork is as vague as your knowledge of debate. For you see, and intelligent person would never use the word "debate" to flatter his fragile ego while he knows hes not debating, but arguining. Going personally into insults immediately makes a difference between a blatant argument and a purposeful, intelligent debate.

Now please, crawl under a rock and die.
              Chris please, you really are getting tiresome. These kids on TBF2 may have been in awe at your lexicon, but sadly you fail to impress. I offered no concept of teamwork other than what is in the dictionary and what an "average" person would say. In previous posts I offered your point of view back to you, you're entitled to it, yet you persist in telling me how wrong I am. You seriously need to grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by jimtool655321 View Post
                Let me guess, you're an NCO?
                Jimtool, nope, I'm a butterbar. That means I've left NCO territory. Just, but I have.

What's that got to do with the discussion?

KBK

Comment

Chris please, you really are getting tiresome. These kids on TBF2 may have been in awe at your lexicon, but sadly you fail to impress. I offered no concept of teamwork other than what is in the dictionary and what an "average" person would say. In previous posts I offered your point of view back to you, you're entitled to it, yet you persist in telling me how wrong I am. You seriously need to grow up.
                  Typical. Just when you were about to get comfortable in getting at ones personal life, you were swung right back out. You offered a concept of teamwork which was your own opinion, I offered you concept of teamwork which is supported by practice in real life (office and armed forces) aswell as dictionary itsself. Youve been proven wrong. And now youre once again providing nothing to the table, yet insist on sitting here. You ask me to grow up, yet you cant even provide one single argument and insisit on staying around blatantly insulting "soloers" without any reasonable argument whatsoever.

Youre 36 years old. I guess teen age can last for some time.

Comment

Typical. Just when you were about to get comfortable in getting at ones personal life, you were swung right back out. You offered a concept of teamwork which was your own opinion, I offered you concept of teamwork which is supported by practice in real life (office and armed forces) aswell as dictionary itsself. Youve been proven wrong. And now youre once again providing nothing to the table, yet insist on sitting here. You ask me to grow up, yet you cant even provide one single argument and insisit on staying around blatantly insulting "soloers" without any reasonable argument whatsoever.

Youre 36 years old. I guess teen age can last for some time.
                    WTF are you talking about?

Please continue to argue with yourself, you may win.

Comment

I don't want you to feel picked on, so please, continue to confabulate in that pigeon English you colonially call 'American English'
                      I love these guys who point out grammatical errors, and make their own as well! PWNED!

It's pidgin English. Unless you mean the English spoken by pigeons

Seat switching is not an exploit. It had to be purposely coded into the game. It's not a result of NOT coding it!

Next time you are driving a vehicle, do not change into the gunners position to shoot down their chopper, it's an exploit!

Soloing is an art form IMHO. I practiced my *** off on dragon valley single player, sitting atop the oil tanks, shooting and steering the TV until I got proficient at it.

Latest example of two man teamwork in the chopper:

I'm piloting the Apache on the US, Iron Gator.
                      random noob gunner gets in...

spinning up on deck, turn to face MEC base, type to gunner: "I am going to pop up, TV the Tunguska.

gunner: ok

I lift up enough to give him a clear TV shot, instant lock from Tunguska, pop flares...waiting...nothing...get back on deck 1 missile hit us repairing...

Pop up again, enough for clear TV shot, instant lock again, waiting.....nothing again.

I land back on deck and repair...typing..."are you going to TV that Tunguska?"

gunner: "I can't see anything that far".... :shakehead:

I don't advocate killing or redlining your gunner just to solo, but a skilled soloist in the chopper has been proven time after time to be the DIFFERENCE in a game...not every single time, but a vast majority in my experience.

Comment

Actually it was Google's spell checker which changed it, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Actually it was Google's spell checker which changed it, but thanks anyway.
                          You use a spell checker on a game related forum where really, noone cares about the technicalities and punctuation, where simple mistakes are forgiven aslong as you respect the language by using it so that others can understand you? Youre cornering yourself in. Youre asking for perfection when youve been pointed out with a grammar mistake twice, time to make a correction in your attitude. I can understand your grief if its against people who purposely rape English by 1337script, but this?!

Krusher, your particular incident might have happened because your gunners "geometry" and "view distance" settings were set lower than yours. In which case you see the target, and they dont. I know I had the same quarrel with a buddy of mine.

Comment

You use a spell checker on a game related forum where really, noone cares about the technicalities and punctuation.
                            I care, you arrogant tw@t.

Comment

I care.
                              Thats all fine and dandy, but by doing mistakes yourself, youve officially given up the right of pointing out mistakes made by other people. Catchin´ my drift?

Comment

I caught your exceedingly arrogant drift sometime ago. Who are you to tell me what I have given up? Your arrogance is only exceeded by your stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X