No announcement yet.

Why do you play BF2 instead of 2142?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do you play BF2 instead of 2142?

well I think they knew that most of the people who care about ranks and stats are IO players. SO they did a good job of targeting them. "REGISTER FOR THE VETERANS PROGRAM AND GET A FREE PROMOTION!!

Comment

Maybe it's because I'm in my 30's and I like realistic, authentic modern bf, not some sci fi crap. I'd rather play BF Vietnam and 1942 than 2142.

Comment

So basically people prefer the modern setting to the futuristic one?

Comment

personally for me its the sheer multitude of maps, vehicles and weapons and the whole modern day thing. there are twice as many maps and vehicles in BF2 compared to 2142 not to mention the playability. not to many players want to take a leap of 150 years to find that the soldiers are slower, the weapons are less accurate and the vehicles are nearly non existent.

stats are the last thing i really care about but i went to 2142 for about six months and completely ranked up in about three, c7 chucking my way to the top of the leader board and it wasn't even really gratifying, it almost felt cheap. ive been playing bf2 for over 2 years minus the 6 months or so i took off for 2142 and still haven't ranked all the way up. 2142 seems to of been designed like more of a mod than a standalone, it has almost a comical lack of content compared to bf2, seven unique vehicles.....thats almost insulting.

sure its a little more polished looking with upgraded textures but thats all it has going for it. just look at the player count, 2142 could almost be deemed a failure. i see a heck of allot of 2142 players returning to BF2 everyday.

Originally posted by MassKiller
          Punkbuster screwed over the 2142 experience for me. It was fun from an infrantry prospective. I liked the infrantry combat in the game which was why I played it. But punkBusters new 2142 client wont let me play the game unless I disable both Antivirus and Firewalls leaving me completely vulnerable during the game. All this because they wanted to "try" their new PB services.

If I play 2142 right now I'll get kicked for missing key packets as the PB Services have some bat netcode. The BF2 PunkBuster client is what they should've kept on 2142.

its not the games fault, you haven't properly forwarded the ports on your router.

Originally posted by AmericanDad View Post
          2142 offers no match for bf2's jets and helos, so it's useless to me.
          expand your skill set, theres more to this game than flying.

Comment

My brother is the one who introduced me to BF2. When I said I had to have it for myself, I first looked into 2142. It was the newest release. I didn't really care for the futuristic setting for the game. Weird 'Star Wars' style crafts didn't really do it for me.

My brother seemed down on it, as well, for many of the same reasons.

So....I went with BF2 and have LOVED it ever since. While not perfect, I cannot even fathom that 2142 could be better from a game-play standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaz888
              My brother is the one who introduced me to BF2. While not perfect, I cannot even fathom that 2142 could be better from a game-play standpoint.
              Well, the hit recognition actually works, that's the real reason I prefer sniping in 2142 to BF 2

Comment

I"m just not into space age combat.

Comment

Because 2142 sucks.

Comment

^^qft!!!

Comment

If you want Sci-fi you should of bought battlefront instead of battlefield.

Comment

expand your skill set, theres more to this game than flying.
                        Hah!

There's more to the game than infantry play as well.

DICE should have focused on fixing the air imbalance instead of simply eliminating jets from the game completely.

Comment

Originally posted by kmak60 View Post
                          Well, the hit recognition actually works, that's the real reason I prefer sniping in 2142 to BF 2
                          works in BF2 as well people just don't bother to lead their targets or calculate bullet drop at long range.the only thing that does not work well is the little X which is unnecessary if you know where your aiming.

Comment

Originally posted by mrkidkill View Post
                            I refuse to pay for a mod.
                            QFT.

2142 is just a BF2 mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
                              Hah!
                              DICE should have focused on fixing the air imbalance instead of simply eliminating jets from the game completely.
                              thats what mod teams are for....... heheheh

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
                                thats what mod teams are for....... heheheh
                                Touche.

Comment

Working...
                                X