Why do you play BF2 instead of 2142?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you play BF2 instead of 2142?

I personally like 2142 better, I get loads of headshots while sniping, the menus are mostly accurate and dont lag, I'm not constantly raped by planes going 500 mph that are apparently invulnerable to AA, the visual effects are better, ect ect

So why are you guys sticking with BF2? It can't be hardware limits... they are nearly the same

(btw love BF2, not insulting it, just curious)

Re: Why do you play BF2 instead of 2142?

2142 = Gay

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia View Post
      2142 = Gay

Comment

I quit gaming about a year or two after Quake III came out. I played the hell out of it. Gaming in general had lost all its luster and I actually wanted to get laid more then play video games. Occasionally I would fire up StarCraft or AOE, but I really focused on my life.

After a maybe 4 years of not playing any FPS, I found BF1942 with the Desert Combat Mod. I did not play 1942 itself, just the DC mod. That brought me back into the unhealthy habit gaming. I loved the modern element of it. The equipment was relevant to the real world. And most of all it was fun as hell. There was nothing like it! It had Jets (lots of them too), very dangerous helos, and tanks that had a firing ballistic that you had to learn how to use while driving over rough terrain.

It was a lot of fun and when BF2 was announce and that Trauma studios were going to be used to help design parts of the game, I was overjoyed.

BF2 is really all I ever wanted in a game. It did not have to get over fancy with insane concepts of over sized machine. And it did not need to have futuristic weapons that were weaker then contemporary firepower.

I know all the BF2 players would love to have had a lot of the features and tweaks that 2142 got, but the game itself is still a lot of fun...even at the pace that it plays.

Comment

I refuse to pay for a mod.

Comment

Because most people are sheep and follow the crowd. A couple people say that 2142 is crap(even though some have never played it) then fake loyalty interjects within the masses towards BF2. So then the masses say it sucks because it seems like the "in" thing without even knowing it. Or they perceive themselves as hardcore and stay stagnant with BF2/karkand fest.

Or maybe some say they don't like futuristic settings, bash the game, yet have never played it. Ignorance at its finest.

Comment

Well, some people just prefer a Modern Shooter. You can see a lot of people like WWII style games, look at MOH and COD, they are doing quite well. I personally like BF2, I never moved to Ghost Recon which is a modern shooter. And I did not advance to 2142. It is just out of the scope of gaming that I want at this time.

Comment

BF2 is really all I ever wanted in a game. It did not have to get over fancy with insane concepts of over sized machine. And it did not need to have futuristic weapons that were weaker then contemporary firepower.

The weapons ARE stronger. Its just that the personal armor the soldiers wear have also advanced to compliment the weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by nadicus View Post
                  The weapons ARE stronger. Its just that the personal armor the soldiers wear have also advanced to compliment the weapons.
                  I hear you, and that is what I would figure as an answer.

Comment

And I did not advance to 2142

Never played it? The gamplay dynamics are very interesting and fun.
                    Haven't played 2142 for about 3 months or so--keep going back to bf2, so that says something, i guess.

If I had to choose between the two though, I would definatly pick BF2 and its expansions.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild View Post
                      It is just out of the scope of gaming that I want at this time.
                      Now, that is not to say that I am not going to move to QuakeWars when it arrives. I have always followed the Id flag. Technically, that is a futuristic game. And I have had several people (whose opinions I respect) tell me that 2142 is actually a fantastic game.

Comment

Now, that is not to say that I am not going to move to QuakeWars when it arrives

And FFOW. But QW has only about a month or so to go before release, so thats a good thing seeing as it was pushed back a couple times.
                        I'll be getting it if the demo holds up to standards and the like, etc.

I'm a sucker for well done onlineFPS

Comment

2142 just seems so much simpler than BF2 does. Everything is easier to do (the things that are similar to each other at least. There are things in both games that you cannot do in the other, so I don't compare those), and it's also more of an infantry game. If I compare 2142 to BF2, im comparing it to all it's mods also. PR > all, so switching from that , to 2142 is a HUGE difference. Instead of thinking of 2142 as a mod or expansion even, I think of it as a totally different game. A game that I just don't like or enjoy playing. Everyones taste is different, and just because you like FPS's, doesn't mean your going to like ALL FPS's, or even ones that are similar to each other.

But my #1 reason is still 2142 = GAY:yay:

Comment

I prefer BF2's modern setting, weapons, armies, vehicles, and maps to 2142. I like both games but enjoy BF2 more.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia
                              2142 just seems so much simpler than BF2 does. Everything is easier to do (the things that are similar to each other at least. There are things in both games that you cannot do in the other, so I don't compare those), and it's also more of an infantry game. If I compare 2142 to BF2, im comparing it to all it's mods also. PR > all, so switching from that , to 2142 is a HUGE difference. Instead of thinking of 2142 as a mod or expansion even, I think of it as a totally different game. A game that I just don't like or enjoy playing. Everyones taste is different, and just because you like FPS's, doesn't mean your going to like ALL FPS's, or even ones that are similar to each other.

But my #1 reason is still 2142 = GAY:yay:
                              :nod:
                              I was playing demo of 2142 and I get bored it after 1hour, as i remember you can't have c4 or grenades at the beggining, must be unlocked, which is totally cr4ap

Comment

Working...
                              X