Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EA responds to stats issue

Originally posted by Sentience View Post
    Given the widespread community demand and frustration for this stats issue to be addressed I don't think the EA reaction here is unwarranted. It's also largely our server team and GameSpy that are working on this issue, there isn't much we (DICE) can do from our end in this instance.

Incidentally, if any of you want another way to keep tabs on progress here you can visit the EA support item for this issue and use the Notify Me feature to receive an email when there's an update on the situation.
    WOW, someone from DICE really responded to me, unbeileveble! first time ever.
    Well, I can't really blame you for "trying to help the situation around here" but being from DICE that made all these problems, I think it would be wise to get out now, before all hell breaks loose on you.
    Another thing, your little Support thing you on have EA's site, is totally BS.
    You send in a question and you get an auto-message back that's not even from a person or anyone who cares. It's just a page that is already writen out and explained and it is writen like a robot wrote it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god View Post
      Well, I can't really blame you for "trying to help the situation around here" but being from DICE that made all these problems, I think it would be wise to get out now, before all hell breaks loose on you.
      You send in a question and you get an auto-message back that's not even from a person or anyone who cares. It's just a page that is already writen out and explained and it is writen like a robot wrote it.
      DICE and EA aren't the same portion. You refer to EA's site as "You have" when he's from DICE, not EA. Who you want to bust the balls on are EA, seeing how DICE doesn't even keep track of stats, thats all between GameSpy & EA.

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god View Post
        We hardly flame him when he responds - we more give him thanks than complaints when he responded to other issues before.

It's not BS when what they say is true. Even if you are talking to a human service representative, what do you think he or she will say? The same damn response. You can't press on the issue either: one user in this forum did indeed talk to an EA personnel on this issue only to get vague answers. These robot answers are fast and efficient in responding to your questions despite evoking coldness and worthlessness within you

Comment

great, so that link at the front of this thread has been closed down?.......lol

Comment

Got this from another user:

Response (EA Rep Brad) 06/20/2007 05:31 PM
            Greetings xxxxx,Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your Battlefield stat issue. Your concerns are very important to us. EA Customer Support is currently aware of a stat outage which is affecting several players. We are working extremely hard to pinpoint the cause of the issue and correct it. EA|Dice, EA Customer Support and all the Battlefield Partners are dedicated to making sure that your game play experience remains exciting and that your hard work is recorded while playing Battlefield. While every effort will be made to include stats gained during the outage, there is a strong possibility that those earned during this brief period will not be reflected in your final stats total. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

EARep

Brad Player Relations Electronic Arts

Comment

i found this info here: http://www.eliteunit.net/modules.php...iewtopic&t=205

Found this on EA's form

Re: For EA Violet..
              Posted:Jun 19, 2007 2:55 PM in response to: boutilierjd (Ga... Reply Alert

I wouldn't say it's going to be "a while" simply because we don't have a definite time-to-fix at this stage either way. I can say that progress is being made on narrowing down exactly what the issue is here and we'll let you know once we isolate the issue.

Sentience
              Community Manager, EA DICE

Plus,

Posted:Jun 19, 2007 3:08 PM in response to: boutilierjd (Ga... Reply Alert

To give you a better idea of how this is being addressed, a number of the guys on our support team are working full time with GameSpy on this particular issue. We're certainly not taking the issue lightly, we realise how frustrating waiting for your stats to update can be.

Sentience
              Community Manager | EA DICE

Plus,

Posted:Jun 19, 2007 3:20 PM in response to: UKUSScotty (EA.... Reply Alert

You have every right to be upset that the servers you pay for and the game you have paid for is not working as intended. Just be aware that we are (and have been) working on it and we'll do everything we can to get everything in order. We understand how much this is impacting the game and are taking it very seriously.

I do apologize that it's been going on for as long as it has and I'll try to provide as many updates as possible so you know what's going on.

~Violet

Plus,

Posted:Jun 19, 2007 4:15 PM in response to: thakaree (EA.com) Reply Alert

Honestly, I dont' have any new information. I sent a list of detailed server information to the teams that work with Battlefield support. Stats not updating on this scale typically means that the stats 'snapshot' that ranked servers send to the stats server are not being processed properly. The support teams are working with with IGN and eachother to figure out exactly where that is breaking down.

I have not recieved news from them yet on if they found anything, but I only sent the server information recently so it may take some time.

I hope that is a more useful bit of information. I do apologize that I don't have much to give at this point.

~Violet

Also I read there seems to be no problem on the UK servers, just in the good ol USA.

Comment

stats are nice, but I'd much rather have new maps, new weapons, and different vehicle variants.....

Comment

cheers wolverine, that really helpful

she might need to b told that not a single uk server has escaped this problem either though lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fu*Rodderz57
                    cheers wolverine, that really helpful

she might need to b told that not a single uk server has escaped this problem either though lol
                    i second that ive tried about 30 servers +10 in my fav list and no stats.

its a global problem for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
                      Considering Quake Wars is turning out not-so-good, that would rock indeed.
                      you ain't kidding..this stat thing is getting out of hand and now its going to another game.... its all junk and a way to make money off server providers. Again I say EA give up stats and let us just play the game!

Comment

to all who dont like stats: play on unranked serves. why even post?

Comment

woop woop

Comment

EA/DICE made the problem and are not trying to solve it. This will be remembered as STATSGATE. The infamous bug that brought about the end of stats, and EA/DICE could never fix.

Maybe thats why they made the game so buggy. So, when stats became too costly for them to keep up, they could just say a bug brought it down and they can't fix it.

Comment

why doesn't EA just come out and say "we are not trying to get rid of the stats, we simply need more time to fix the problem"

whats with all this unnecessary talk all over the forums

Comment

I don't even care all that much about the stats in general, I just want them to work for 5 minutes, so the system can finally register my Special Forces xpac so I can finally unlock my weapons and play regular bf2... I haven't played in 3 weeks, since I was busy and was mainly waiting for my SF to arrive by mail.. and when it arrived, sure enough the stats systems had to take a sh*t..

Btw, anyone know of any other ways of registering SF other than playing on a ranked server for 1 rounds?

Comment

Working...
                                X