Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joystick VS Mouse/KB flying

M+KB for heli's.

Joystick+KB for jets. Have a Logitech Attack3, and I find it kinda small and lacking buttons. So, afterburners are shift, bombs/missiles are space and I have spot as Q+~, with change cameras as F10 to F12. I do OK.

Comment

Joystick & K/B as i dont have one of those twisty ones but it suits me better

Originally posted by JustARandom
      Joystick+KB for jets. Have a Logitech Attack3, and I find it kinda small and lacking buttons. So, afterburners are shift, bombs/missiles are space and I have spot as Q+~, with change cameras as F10 to F12. I do OK.
      why not use Button 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
        why not use Button 3?
        'cause that's flares and button 2 is change between bomb and missile modes.

Comment

Mouse and keyboard for me any day.

Comment

Joystick for the win, us to do mouse and key before.

So knowing how that worked, joy is 10x better.

Comment

I used to use my mouse and keyboard but then i got a 3d pro now i use both am better at different things with each

^ jets.

Comment

I never got used to mouse/keyboard combo, so i'll have to go with joystick.

Comment

I can't fly choppers well despite spending nearly 400 hours on the game, although i pilot jets very well using keyboard. I can keep touch with pilots using joysticks. I think its possible to perform just as well with a keyboard as with a joystick, however, it is much easier to mistakes on keyboard. I had to do quite a bit of controls.con editing to really get it set up the way i like since BF2 has a personal vendetta against setting duplicate keys.

Comment

Originally posted by SvnTwoo View Post
                    i have a logitch extreme 3d pro...

I have it set up but it is way to sensitive... turned sensitivity down and now it jacked up the bf2 settings/configs... such at pitch front/back, rolls, and steering right/left...

any thoughts?
                    I got the same stick and I dont know what your on about sensitivity. you cant alter the sensitivity, only calibrate it. The sensitivity is set at 100% as default, so you cant possibly be making it higher. the only thing you can do is calibrate it.

control panel -> hardware -> game controllers -> properties -> calibrate

also no option in bf2 will allow you to alter the sensitivity, just let me make it clear that you cant do it

Comment

Originally posted by N2K View Post
                      Joystick for the win, us to do mouse and key before.

So knowing how that worked, joy is 10x better.
                      meh if all u do is fly. I personally enjoy maps like karkand and mashturr more. And 90% of the pilots i come up against can't take me out ever. I was on Dalian last night and stole a j-10. The other j-10 was being flown by a 3-star General and after evading me 3 or 4 times I finally took him out. After that it was like he lost all confidence and I kept blowing him away every time I saw him. You and Metallica although I've only been in-game with u 2 once or twice are really the only pilots I've never been able to really compete with.

Comment

Ohh, this post wasn't specific as to what is being flown.

Well, I can personally say P_Static_2 is in the top 5 best American pilots out there and this goes into competition circles as far as jets are concerned and he uses mouse and key, Razor Diamondback.

He is also the single best helicopter pilot using mouse and key and having tried both myself a joystick is pointless. It tips too far forward and backwithout the speed a laser mouse has to compensate. Don't invest in a $120 joy stick, then not learn mouse and key because you spent a lot of money on a joystick. Save it for a good mouse, which can be used for everything in the game.

My rule of thumb when flying is, if it can be maxed, max it. Go as fast as possible with mouse DPI, screen resolution and in game sensitivity maxed to make yourself swifter than the other guy. A big disadvantage in a joystick is the hassle of looking right and left, made easy by the CTRL key however if your joystick has a rubber hat its far easier to look over your shoulder. Then again with enough practice you can always become faster than the rubber hat by tapping the C key.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Score: 1-10 *s

Joystick

Forward Sight:.....................| **

Hind Sight:..........................| **********

Maneuverability:...................|***

Handling:.............................|********

Weapons System Comfort:......|********

Speed:................................|***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mouse

Forward Sight:.....................| **********

Hind Sight:..........................| ****

Maneuverability:...................|**********

Handling:.............................|***

Weapons System Comfort:......|***

Speed:................................|**********

Hope that helped.

Comment

You can easily max your joystick out to outperform mice in any shape or form the contest may be. Ive said it before and Im saying it again- DXTweak2. This tool alone renders your "speed" useless as you can make the joystick as fast in response as you want, effectively making it an analog input device worthy, making it faster AND more comfortable than mice. Its all in the settings. And while its true that you cant really use the mouselook, in all honesty you dont really even need to use it. And when you have J2K, you can easily make the mouselook speed again faster than you would be able to do with your mouse.

All that behind, you can outperform mouse in its home game using 2 programs and still make your stick be better in what it was better anyway.

Then again, theres skill. If youve got 1500 hours of experience, it will outweight 500 hours of experience no matter what input device the opposition has.

Comment

Joystick is a waste of cash. I use M&KB and i can say that i can fly pretty well...

And why the hell do you want to bump sensitivity?! It wont make you turn faster, it'll just mess up your MG accuracy. My sensitivity is set to 2 and i can folow pretty much anyone in my lovely SU34 on kubra. Or with a flying coffin for that matter...

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock View Post
                              meh if all u do is fly. I personally enjoy maps like karkand and mashturr more. And 90% of the pilots i come up against can't take me out ever. I was on Dalian last night and stole a j-10. The other j-10 was being flown by a 3-star General and after evading me 3 or 4 times I finally took him out. After that it was like he lost all confidence and I kept blowing him away every time I saw him. You and Metallica although I've only been in-game with u 2 once or twice are really the only pilots I've never been able to really compete with.
                              What, I play other maps, but if that map has a jet I whore the **** out of it. I really don't have any competition, and when I do, I usually kill them first and die less.

When Metallica and I go at it, we usually spend the whole round trying to kill each other. Last time I think I came out with 3-2 lol.

Comment

M/K for chopper

Joystick for jets

end of discussion lolz

Comment

Working...
                                X