Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The reason 1.4 .is delayed??

Originally posted by Sir. Eden
    Don't go blaming Dice, there the unfortunate ones, as soon as BF looses its appeal or EA buys another company Dice will be liquidated just like the many other company's out there were.
    Correct, there needs to be a distinction.

Comment

DICE are a bunch of sell outs, don't kid yourself, it would deserve them right if they bit the dust.

Through the agreement, fans of the franchise will see new, realistic brand presence integrated into contextually relevant game environments. Digital Illusions is entitled to a share of all the revenues generated from the advertising featured in Battlefield 2142.

For more information, please contact:
      John Hargelid, Information Officer
      Phone: +46 8 658 78 00
      Email: press@dice.se

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerdog
        DICE are a bunch of sell outs, don't kid yourself, it would deserve them right if they bit the dust.

http://global.dice.se/news.aspx?arti...f-0f0d0fbd5ddc

?? And? That is the point...they still get royalties off of their work, but that does not mean that they have final say on everything they do. They can make a lot of choices internally, but in the end, the buck stops at EA.

Comment

Originally posted by ~SOM~Soldat
          So where am I gonna find that "Dice Cream"???
          Mastuur City by the coalition main.
          http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/dicecream.php

Comment

Good thing it didnt specify BF2. Even if it did, its on the inquirer, they are probably right only half of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerdog

http://global.dice.se/news.aspx?arti...f-0f0d0fbd5ddc
              I see you dont have a clue about video game developers.

Microsoft is set acquire Massive, a start-up that places ads in video games, next week in a deal estimated at $200 to $400 million. The Redmond company would likely roll Massive’s platform in…

Microsoft subsidiary Massive said Monday that it had launched its in-game advertising unit, with Toyota as its debut sponsor. The company will advertise its new 2007 Yaris Sedan in the Funcom title…

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                If I knew for a fact that this is really, really going to benefit the gaming community with cheaper games, lower cost ranked servers, free add-ons and free maps...maybe I would be on board. But I know that I am going to look over at CNBC in a couple months and see that the shareholders are going to be the ones making the money off the advertising and the community that has purchased and support the products are going to get the same crap.
                Exactly

Comment

Oh, those poor starving video game developers, we should all take up donations through a pay-pal account to assist them in these trying times.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap`N Hagen
                    Mastuur City by the coalition main.
                    Is that Bob Saget, the illest mutha****a in a cardigan sweater?

Comment

Originally posted by jimtool655321
                      Is that Bob Saget, the illest mutha****a in a cardigan sweater?
                      Nope it is a developer/high up person at Dice

Comment

Splinter Cell actually does this. You see newspapers or tv screen adds ingame of products that are really for sell in real life.

Comment

Tried to post this on Planet Battlefield... the thread got locked before it reached 10 posts.

Comment

then they should let us play the game for free. just like tv is free and paided for my ads. if i'm paying to play a game i don't want ads in it. if they want to make money by putting ads in the game then let us play it for free. but not 50 bucks to play a game with ads in it.

who's going to pay 50 bucks for a game with ads and lots of bugs. i say bocott the games with ads unless they let us play them for free.

Comment

Originally posted by 8dalejr.fan
                              Tried to post this on Planet Battlefield... the thread got locked before it reached 10 posts.
                              Maybe everyone was whining about it yesterday, since this is old news.

Originally posted by 74javelin
                              then they should let us play the game for free. just like tv is free and paided for my ads. if i'm paying to play a game i don't want ads in it. if they want to make money by putting ads in the game then let us play it for free. but not 50 bucks to play a game with ads in it.

who's going to pay 50 bucks for a game with ads and lots of bugs. i say bocott the games with ads unless they let us play them for free.
                              There is still developement overhead for the years ramping up to the release. They need to recoop those costs early if they are going to get someplace.

Comment

Not to get too off topic here... Ads are only good in NASCAR games. Period.

It wouldn't be NASCAR if all the cars were painted a solid colour. You need all the sponsors and "ads" in those kind of games.

EA blows at making NASCAR games though... wish Sierra/Papyrus/Vivendi still had the license. :hmm:

Originally posted by RocketChild
                                Maybe everyone was whining about it yesterday, since this is old news.
                                There weren't any threads on this topic, and my thread got locked without even giving a reason as to why.

Comment

Working...
                                X