The reason 1.4 .is delayed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reason 1.4 .is delayed??

Well if you were choked at `em before, now your really gonna be angry.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34110

Re: The reason 1.4 .is delayed??

If it's just billboards...then fine. If it's an infinite number of pop-ups, then that really sucks...

Comment

Yah, one more piece of crap that will cause a 5 minute wait to play.

Comment

i doubt it will be as bad as the sensational attention-whore drama-queen posters make it out to be.

"5 minute wait"

give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorBusiness
          Yah, one more piece of crap that will cause a 5 minute wait to play.
          Source?

Comment

EA - "Money is everything!"

Comment

Actually this is already old news, someone threw a post about it on here yesterday.

Originally posted by Consultant01
              i doubt it will be as bad as the sensational attention-whore drama-queen posters make it out to be.

"5 minute wait"

give me a break.
              That is pretty funny...

Comment

Hopefully there is a way to opt out of them. Either way it`s lame. I can understand if it` advertisements in freeware, or shareware, but a program I payed for outright. That blows.

Comment

Originally posted by LBC|Jester
                  EA - "Money is everything!"
                  How old are you?

Ever studied business? This is a business, in case nobody told you, and the chief goal of any business is to make money. Greater still, the mission of any publically traded corporation is to make a profit for its shareholders while doing so in an ethical manner... and if anybody challenges the ethics of showing ads in game, they will get the verbal beatdown they have coming to them...

Originally posted by Cap`N Hagen
                  Hopefully there is a way to opt out of them. Either way it`s lame. I can understand if it` advertisements in freeware, or shareware, but a program I payed for outright. That blows.
                  alright, here'goes.

Did you pay for your television set?

How about your monthly cable service?

Ah! You do! (or a guardian does) GOOD! You dont see any commercials on TV do you? What?

You do?

Why, do you suppose, that is? You paid for the TV... you pay for the cable service... what right do they have to sell space in your living room for the display of advertising?!

It's an OUTRAGE!

oh hang on... no..... its the way the world works.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                    How old are you?

Ever studied business? This is a business, in case nobody told you, and the chief goal of any business is to make money. Greater still, the mission of any publically traded corporation is to make a profit for its shareholders while doing so in an ethical manner... and if anybody challenges the ethics of showing ads in game, they will get the verbal beatdown they have coming to them...

alright, here'goes.

Did you pay for your television set?

How about your monthly cable service?

Ah! You do! (or a guardian does) GOOD! You dont see any commercials on TV do you? What?

You do?

Why, do you suppose, that is? You paid for the TV... you pay for the cable service... what right do they have to sell space in your living room for the display of advertising?!

It's an OUTRAGE!

oh hang on... no..... its the way the world works.
                    Actually, I can and do fast forward through the commercials on my tv set.
                    Like I said so long as there is an option to opt out, like disabling the intro.

Comment

And I dont want to get all *technical* on you, but you didnt pay for the software... you paid for ACCESS to the software, and you did so "as is" which means they have every right to change it or ammend it at any point... they also have the right to deny you use of it (hardware bans, etc)

If we all owned the software we'd be eligible for a portion of EA's profits because the software itself is the source of the income.

Sorry, didnt mean to get off on a tangent.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                        Actually this is already old news, someone threw a post about it on here yesterday.

That is pretty funny...
                        yup, that was me who posted.
                        I still think it's kinda bs.

Comment

Tivo is changing things... I will grant you that... but the concept and the reality is the same.

EA has as much right to put a Pizza Hut ad on the side of a bus in a city map in BF2 as ABC does to play a Pizza Hut commercial during the Super Bowl.

You can "opt out" of the in-game ads by not stopping at each one and staring at it.

Or hell, drop C4 on it and cover it in a nice layer of black soot.

Comment

It doesn't say anything about BF2 so I'm not sure what this has to do with 1.4 patch being delayed besides being pure speculation (and I think there is already way too much of that going around).

But yeah they better do it well (and hopefully with an option to turn it off) without adding any lag into 2142. I don't want lag spikes b/c some holographic Coke video starts playing next to my character or something.

Comment

Originally posted by [xXx]gh0st
                              yup, that was me who posted.
                              I still think it's kinda bs.

Sorry 4 stealin your thread gh0st. Must have missed it,first I heard of it. Theinquirer must be slow this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X