So this is IO..(infantry only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: So this is IO..(infantry only)

Fair call Wolfgang but I have a feeling that most IO supporters are not against vehicles as such but against the almighty air vehicles and the jet in particular. When you have a good squad can you tell me what is the useful and effective jet counter? (Sorry I do not count the SL having to stay 50 meters away from the flag cap etc as that is just obvious). The jet pilot can still drop that bomb and grab the points and I especially love when you have killed all the enemy troops and are recapping the flag and the jet pilot seeing the grey flag decides that dropping a bomb is a good idea anyway, of course when they TK you its always sorrry, sorry, sorry and if we punish we are the bad guy...

If you have a good squad there is nothing besides air vehicles that will touch you and keep you running scared and while some may like that feeling I am over it (personal opinion) because when one is powerless and has no counter measure (which you always have against ground vehicles in the end) it takes away totally from game experiance

Comment

Originally posted by jsr
      And as for PW's "analysis" of Mashtuur being a better infantry map...
      An analysis most of the competitive BF2 players tend to agree with. Both Sharqi and Mashtuur provide a great infantry combat experience with all of the extremely unbalanced and exploitable elements found in Karkand such as the aforementioned grenade spamming. Maps like Sharqi and Mashtuur focus much more on teamwork, strategy and pure skill than a map like Karkand can ever hope to. But if throwing grenades is your thing Karkand is certainly the place to be.

Originally posted by jsr
      we are talking about someone who cries about "bunny hopping,
      Uh? I don't even recall crying about "bunny hopping". But if by bunny hopping you mean crouch/prone spamming then yes I'm strongly opposed that EXPLOIT. The fact that a player can crouch and prone over 30 times a second with the aid of a macro horribly manipulating their hit box is an EXPLOIT. And let's face it most people who are dedicated crouch/proners use a macro. I mean.. you can shoot people from behind a wall and they can't even see you! How absolute retarded is that? If you still think crouch/prone spamming is fine you're a retard, end of story.

Originally posted by jsr
      stat padding,
      It's not so much the stat padding I care about but rather the related consequences when stat padders need to stat pad faster and DICE enables them to do that by giving them what essentially amounts to "stat pad" mode. I wouldn't have a problem if this "stat pad" mode didn't effect the normal Battlefield 2 gamers but unfortunatly it does.

Originally posted by jsr
      grenade spamming!!111
      Again this is an otherwise normal aspect of the game that I don't have a problem with that is brought to an extreme by people exploiting the mechanics. When you see that a huge chunk of the leaderboard players have at least a quater of their total played time - HOLDING A GRENADE it's a little more than obvious isn't it? It's a simple formula really. 24/7 Karkand + Support kit + Supply packs + Fence + Grenades (that can be resupplied by yourself) = huge amounts of points gathered with absolutely no skill required. Getting 100 points or more every single round throwing a grenade over a fence is just plain silly. Remove the resupply element from grenades and you've essentially removed the exploitable element.

Originally posted by jsr
      " (actually you both do) so it does not surprise me in the least that either of you have such a naive outlook on infantry combat in this game (I'll make it easy for you, Mastuur 64/32 sucks for *pure infantry because of the large, wide open areas between flags, which translates to nothing but 1/2 of a team sitting on their *** sniping).
      Funny I play Mashtuur all of the time as infantry and I have absolutely no problem scoring 80+ points completely on foot. Of course unlike Karkand you cannot spawn up and begin shooting and enemies immediately but I consider such a map poorly designed stat pad fest. It's funny too because I love to see infanty get all teary eyed that they might actually have to walk a few steps before they begin attacking!

Originally posted by jsr
      Seriously, do either of you even play infantry in any way shape of form?
      I can't imagine that you do, based on both of you literally crying about every single element of BF2 ground-based combat.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that both of you are of the "spot, prone, spray & pray" ilk, and god forbid anyone kill you in any way other than that, thus here comes the whining.

Just judging on some of the newbie comments you two have made in this topic, I would love to see either of you in action on the ground.

Account names please.
      Infantry/armor account

http://bf2s.com/player/74315412/

Airplanes account

http://bf2s.com/player/59525091/

Add those statistics on to my airplane centric account and you'll find that I'm pretty much top-notch in every aspect of BF2. If you find yourself unlucky enough to meet me head on as infantry you better have cat like reflexes.

I'm what you'd call a "well-rounded" player. A little more emphasis and expertise with vehicle admittedly (because they act as a damage multiplier) but otherwise excellent infantry statistics. Just as importantly I've achieved this high level of proficiency without resorting to exploiting any aspect of the game and with a fraction of the played time most players on my level of skill have. Unlike the other infantry whining in this forum I'm proficient with all forms of attack from airplanes to helicopters (admittedly my weakest point), APCs, tanks and of course infantry as well. The fact that I can pretty much get a gold medal every round regardless of how I choose to play it speaks volumes of that fact.

I am what can only be described as the ultimate teammate.

Comment

In summary:

The anti IOs don't want to be forced to compete on the ground outside of any vehicle that they enjoy whoring for massive points. They also don't want their stats to somehow become cheapened by having IO stats accrued in the same manner as regular stats. Finally, there is a slight concern about quality server numbers being reduced because some will switch to IO mode.

The pro-IOs want the fun of playing a true all infantry map. SOME may want to increase their stats through exploits and stat padding.

That is about it in a nutshell folks. There are no other salient points. There are no other legitimate arguments. You can compare each other's stats and time on this map or in that vehicle and call each other vehicle whores and stat padders all day long. At the end of the day, IO will be an official ranked MODE of gameplay for BF2. Play it or don't. Like it or don't. And despite the circular arguments, it IS OPTIONAL. You don't have to play it and you don't have to download the patch. You have had one year of BF2 and the next game release is just around the corner. You have had a good run and if you want to continue, then here is your chance. If you don't, then there is the door.

Comment

Originally posted by ~WPN~Major Ursa
          In summary:

The anti IOs don't want to be forced to compete on the ground outside of any vehicle that they enjoy whoring for massive points.
          Wrong, if that was the case the then anti IO lobby would have their highest hours on infantry based maps in armour, and they don't. You simply cannot whore armour for massive points on Oman, Zatar, or any other fully mixed 64 player map.

They also don't want their stats to somehow become cheapened by having IO stats accrued in the same manner as regular stats. Finally, there is a slight concern about quality server numbers being reduced because some will switch to IO mode.
          There are other concerns too, such as IO mode attracting the cheats from the likes of CS. Let's not forget that CS had a widespread cheat unable to be countered for 6 months. And other good points raised that you missed, such as IO mode just being a guise to have vehicles removed from Karkand, so the point whoring can become more streamlined.

The pro-IOs want the fun of playing a true all infantry map. SOME may want to increase their stats through exploits and stat padding.

That is about it in a nutshell folks. There are no other salient points. There are no other legitimate arguments. You can compare each other's stats and time on this map or in that vehicle and call each other vehicle whores and stat padders all day long. At the end of the day, IO will be an official ranked MODE of gameplay for BF2. Play it or don't. Like it or don't. And despite the circular arguments, it IS OPTIONAL. You don't have to play it and you don't have to download the patch. You have had one year of BF2 and the next game release is just around the corner. You have had a good run and if you want to continue, then here is your chance. If you don't, then there is the door.
          There's only one word needed here, Volx. Maj Ursa, have you seen the video of Volx in gamelay, check this thread here for the links...

The way he's moving around is called "turtling", he's going from standing, to crouch, to prone, many times per second. When a player does this the hit box detection is screwed, and it's nearly impossible to damage the "turtle".

This is achieved using macros, where pressing a single key executes a series of instructions programmed into a third party tsr (memory resident program).

As far as I'm concerned this is simply cheating. I want this crap gone from BF, and IO is only going to increase exploiting behaviour.

I know you're wrong. Proof will come when within a month after release IO is only being played on 24/7 Karkand. It's obvious man, infantry is already played almost exclusively on Karkand.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
            Wrong, if that was the case the then anti IO lobby would have their highest hours on infantry based maps in armour, and they don't. You simply cannot whore armour for massive points on Oman, Zatar, or any other fully mixed 64 player map.

There are other concerns too, such as IO mode attracting the cheats from the likes of CS. Let's not forget that CS had a widespread cheat unable to be countered for 6 months. And other good points raised that you missed, such as IO mode just being a guise to have vehicles removed from Karkand, so the point whoring can become more streamlined.

There's only one word needed here, Volx. Maj Ursa, have you seen the video of Volx in gamelay, check this thread here for the links...

The way he's moving around is called "turtling", he's going from standing, to crouch, to prone, many times per second. When a player does this the hit box detection is screwed, and it's nearly impossible to damage the "turtle".

This is achieved using macros, where pressing a single key executes a series of instructions programmed into a third party tsr (memory resident program).

As far as I'm concerned this is simply cheating. I want this crap gone from BF, and IO is only going to increase exploiting behaviour.

I know you're wrong. Proof will come when within a month after release IO is only being played on 24/7 Karkand. It's obvious man, infantry is already played almost exclusively on Karkand.
            Perfect cure for this? Exit. Find new server with no dophin flipping cheat bags. Play on. Eat nachos. Prosper.

Comment

u all speak about stats when it comes to IO , well what if u play infantry only servers that are un-ranked ? thats true IO

Comment

No matter how you state your position, it always leads back to the stats. Your obsession with cheats and Karkand tell everyone that you don't want your numbers diluted by IO "point farmers". You present no other argument.

Who really cares about cheats? I am an admin and when a cheat pops in the server, I warn them that this is a clean server and they will be tossed unless they play fair. Some do, some leave and the others get banned. People cheat in everything. You nor I will ever change that. At least with IO being ranked, a persistant cheat has a real good chance of having their stats wiped.

Lazza, I can respect your wish NOT to play IO, but your attempts at defending your reason(s), while well written, don't really hold much water. IO is just another game mode. It most likely is not even "new" since the choice to limit or remove vehicles has always been a server side option. The code for ranking IO might have been in the game from the start, but due to bugs, was left out or hidden in the initial release of the game. BF2 was released too quickly. There are still features of the game mentioned in the original pr media that have not been activated/implemented. Example would be laser designators for infantry.

The 1.4 (dare I say final) patch may have several more "new" features not seen in the BETA tests. Who knows? In any event, IO will be a ranked mode and if it pains you so much, you certainly don't have to play it. Just suck it up and move on.

Comment

No matter how you state your position, it always leads back to the stats. Your obsession with cheats and Karkand tell everyone that you don't want your numbers diluted by IO "point farmers". You present no other argument.

Who really cares about cheats? I am an admin and when a cheat pops in the server, I warn them that this is a clean server and they will be tossed unless they play fair. Some do, some leave and the others get banned. People cheat in everything. You nor I will ever change that. At least with IO being ranked, a persistant cheat has a real good chance of having their stats wiped.

Lazza, I can respect your wish NOT to play IO, but your attempts at defending your reason(s), while well written, don't really hold much water. IO is just another game mode. It most likely is not even "new" since the choice to limit or remove vehicles has always been a server side option. The code for ranking IO might have been in the game from the start, but due to bugs, was left out or hidden in the initial release of the game. BF2 was released too quickly. There are still features of the game mentioned in the original pr media that have not been activated/implemented. Example would be laser designators for infantry.

The 1.4 (dare I say final) patch may have several more "new" features not seen in the BETA tests. Who knows? In any event, IO will be a ranked mode and if it pains you so much, you certainly don't have to play it. Just suck it up and move on.
                  We'll just have to agree to disagree. I respect that you've actually made a case (though I may not agree with it), unlike others who just reply with abuse.

In a nutshell I see IO as increasing the worst of the behaviour we see in BF2, to the detriment of the game in general. And it disturbs me that DICE are in on this, and in preference to a new mode game that appeals to all the players.

I resent your comment regarding "having my numbers diluted". I couldn't give a flying toss about my "numbers", and after seeing what they are doing to the game and their true lack of value I dislike stats even more.

I am not obsessed with cheats, but I saw them destroy CS which I was playing at the time. I'd hate BF2 to be written off due to cheats.

Comment

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I respect that you've actually made a case (though I may not agree with it), unlike others who just reply with abuse.

In a nutshell I see IO as increasing the worst of the behaviour we see in BF2, to the detriment of the game in general. And it disturbs me that DICE are in on this, and in preference to a new mode game that appeals to all the players.

I am not obsessed with cheats, but I saw them destroy CS which I was playing at the time. I'd hate BF2 to be written off due to cheats.

Wow, thats a lame excuse... How do vehicles deter hacking? And how would a game mode where hacks are rampant effect you in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Turnip
                      Wow, thats a lame excuse... How do vehicles deter hacking? And how would a game mode where hacks are rampant effect you in the first place?
                      The most sensitive part to hacking is infantry side. You cant really be affected by aimbots while you are in an APC. I thought this was common sense?

Comment

So if your not playing the game mode this effects you how?

Some people use hacks in unranked is that ruining your life as well?

And what about things like maphack where you get a constant UAV, or lag hack where you can distort your hitbox and crap like that.

Comment

So if your not playing the game mode this effects you how?
                          Who said anything about affecting ME? Fact has been stated, IO will suffer from hacks more than default mode. What else do you want to hear?

Some people use hacks in unranked is that ruining your life as well?
                          Some people use hacks everywhere. Whats your point?

And what about things like maphack where you get a constant UAV, or lag hack where you can distort your hitbox and crap like that.
                          And this works against armor how exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            Who said anything about affecting ME? Fact has been stated, IO will suffer from hacks more than default mode. What else do you want to hear?

Well thats weird, I thought there was a point to all of this talk about hacks. I guess they were fine with IO and just said it to make conversation.

Comment

It's not an excuse for anything. It's just one more turd in the pile of sh!t that is IO.

You'll have to ask the cheats themselves why they prefer to play on the ground. Maybe it's just the way the hax work.

Comment

Well the only real reason why you guys seems to think it sucks other than they will get better stats than you is it will reduce the number of servers you can use, and some crap about hacks or kit imbalances that wont even effect you. I wouldnt say its a pile of sh#t, I would say you need to worry less about stats and play more for fun. Theres still going to be plenty of non IO servers so you should have nothing to worry about if your not a stat whore.

Comment

Working...
                                X