Clear All

Re: So this is IO..(infantry only)

Originally posted by Harmor
    This is what they should had done:

1. 'Vehicle-lite' ranked map option:
    • Replace Tank/APC spawns with Heavy Jeeps
    • Replace AA vehicle spawns with Light Jeeps
    • Remove Jets
    • Replace Littlebird and Attack Helicopter spawns with Transport Helicopters

2. 'Vehicle-neutered' ranked map option:
    Same as above but weapon's on the transport vehicles removed.

3. Also they should add 'Supply-line' ranked map option (you can only take flags in a certain order - the flag available to take would be highlighted in your HUD like a wounded soldier, except semi-transparent grey)

ALL maps of ALL sizes and ALL kits will be playable.
    I agree totally! Vehicle-neutered should definately be an option. Adding these options would allow IO on all maps, even the large ones.

For PKM who posted, you might have just run into a padding server where they play for points and not caps. Also you have to wait for the patch to come out before jumping to any conclusions. With any new changes to BF2 the masses have to have time to play and get acclimated. Everyone has to learn how to get caps in IO because right now they are unused to doing it on foot without the aid of APC's, tanks, jeeps etc. Btw, IO or not, what kark server out there doesn't have nade and claymore spamming :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by aLi3nZ
      Dude, people already spam nades and claymores like crazy in City Maps. With IO now we wont have to worry about amour.

QFTW!!

Comment

Originally posted by baggygreen
        I get the general impression that the majority of people hanging out for an IO option are people who have only joined the BF series with BF2, and before that they were either too young to play computer games or they were into the CS series.

Anyone who has been with BF for any length of time knows how BF without vehicles is just not Battlefield. They're pandering to the whiny minority, have done with every patch and will continue to do so when (if??) 2142 comes out.
        You are bugging!!! What the hell is gonna change for anyone who doesn't like IO??? ummmmm, nothing whatsoever! Why would anyone care so much as to act like this is a bad thing? Now people have an option but the game is the same if you choose not to play IO. The only thing you need to tell us here on the forums is whether or not your gonna play IO or if you enjoy it or not, dice giving us the option is not bowing down to anyone in the community and if you think companies make money by spending time and money on pleasing their "whining minorities" then you are sadly mistaken. You must have meant whining majority, not minority...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
          You mean the same BF players who play Karkand all day long and then cry 'nerf!' when something kills them? The same BF players that discover (and use, naturally) things like hotel glitching and seat switching? The same BF players that were too dim to put claymores out of the way that instead of learning how to use them defensively and intelligently cried to DICE about it and got the FF-off mode put into play so that now you can't take a breath in any CQC area without claymores going off in your face? The same BF players that got the BH miniguns brought down to the point where they now shoot watermelon seeds instead of petitioning to get the Mi-17 and Z-8 brought up instead? The same BF players that abused squad-hopping so that now joining a squad requires me to spawn at some random flag, THEN join the squad, and then wait until I die again before I can spawn on my SL and fight with my squad? You're right. How can I possibly not have complete faith in such a community? Whatever was I thinking?

~Wolfgang
          And not to forget their happiness to spam invulnerable claymores everywhere with 1.13 (or whatever), then when that was fixed they discovered the newly tweaked PKM. Karkand went from being full of snipers to being full of support overnight.

So much for the "just want a gun fight on even ground".

These Karkand points whores are what the game can do without. There are juvenile games around to cater for them already, like CSS.

Originally posted by MeNoPausE
          You are bugging!!! What the hell is gonna change for anyone who doesn't like IO??? ummmmm, nothing whatsoever! Why would anyone care so much as to act like this is a bad thing? Now people have an option but the game is the same if you choose not to play IO. The only thing you need to tell us here on the forums is whether or not your gonna play IO or if you enjoy it or not, dice giving us the option is not bowing down to anyone in the community and if you think companies make money by spending time and money on pleasing their "whining minorities" then you are sadly mistaken. You must have meant whining majority, not minority...
          Yet another Karkand whore...

I've yet to have any IO supporter convince me this is anything more than a simple drive to remove vehicles from Karkand.

"What the hell is gonna change for those who won't play IO"?
          1. Servers that appeal will be halved in number.
          2. Favourite server may be switched to IO.
          3. Less players on vanilla servers, less players on IO servers.
          4. Less appealing servers available, game declines.
          5. IO spam / stat pad fest disillusions new players, diminishing noob numbers.
          6. Game direction (BF3) alters.
          7. Old loyal community (BF42) loses their favourite franchise (no more appealing titles).

BF2 exists due to the BF42 community and years of their loyalty, not due to the juvenile whining of Karkand points whores. Leave our game alone, find your own fuxxing game to screw over.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
            WTF? You have a gun that shoots grenades, medkits, ammo packs, and revives? Must be an unlock I haven't got yet.

Also sounds stranger from a Sharqi MEC chopper gunner spawn raper like yourself 8)

Look at my stats again, I have more assault rifle kills than anything else.

I do spawn rape like crazy though, but it is on foot and by myself most of the time.

But as for the original topic, when playing IO (in the beta on my other account) I took some time and screwed around with guns I never really bothered using in pubs before (p90, l85, f2000).

I actually find myself ditching the "better" unlocks (g36e, g3) in favor of these now.

IO really is a fun diversion, people should not knock it until they try it.

Comment

Originally posted by CATIA
              and i'm getting sick and tired of people trying to alter the bf series game play. what makes the bf series so unique is the fact you use ground,air and sea (well in bf42/DC) to fight. but i see your point mlkmnz.
              I'm not wanting to change the gameplay, its fine. Buy what I'm suggesting is the odd map which focuses on non-vehicular combat. Either that or the AT should be one shot one kill, then it'd also be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jsr

Look at my stats again, I have more assault rifle kills than anything else.

I do spawn rape like crazy though, but it is on foot and by myself most of the time.

5823 total kills.
                2946 using kit items (2027 using assault rifles).
                2855 using vehicles, most of which (1339) were camping the USMC TV station on Sharqi in the MEC chopper (educated guess).

Comment

Originally posted by baggygreen
                  imagine the fright a tanker on karkand gets when he sees AT missiles swarming at him from all sides
                  Not as good as the reality of people in tanks at distance firing, hopping out to repair damage, and repeating. Sometimes teamwork doesnt cut it. Maybe when tanks are driving through congested streets yes, but any average player in a tank can 0wn very easily from afar.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
                    You mean the same BF players who play Karkand all day long and then cry 'nerf!' when something kills them? The same BF players that discover (and use, naturally) things like hotel glitching and seat switching? The same BF players that were too dim to put claymores out of the way that instead of learning how to use them defensively and intelligently cried to DICE about it and got the FF-off mode put into play so that now you can't take a breath in any CQC area without claymores going off in your face? The same BF players that got the BH miniguns brought down to the point where they now shoot watermelon seeds instead of petitioning to get the Mi-17 and Z-8 brought up instead? The same BF players that abused squad-hopping so that now joining a squad requires me to spawn at some random flag, THEN join the squad, and then wait until I die again before I can spawn on my SL and fight with my squad? You're right. How can I possibly not have complete faith in such a community? Whatever was I thinking?

~Wolfgang

Its your peoples fault people want IO, the whole nerfphobia thing has turned BF2 into a whores paradise. Copters surviving AT missiles and insta killing everything in the game, AA that doesnt work against jets, tanks that dont rely on any allies to help take out AT and can just roll in and rape everything that moves. People seem to like the idea of vehicles being the only thing that doesnt require teamwork and its the exact opposite of how the old battlefields worked and gives people with no real skill a foothold to kill people who do. Hell even the guns are made to rely on luck rather than anything aim just to cater to these types of people.

IO puts everyone on an equal footing and thats what appeals to people, if they halfed the hitpoints of all vehicles and brought the 1.2 AA back these same people who want IO would probably begin using vehicles, right now it just gives to little of a challenge and are way to easy for any newb to own with. I wouldnt have a problem flying around a group of AT people in a helicopter trying to dodge rockets while taking them out at the same time, or getting to close to AA and trying to take them out before im left with no flares, that is how the game is supposed to be; not swirling around laying waste to everything as it stands no chance against you.

I dont think this is just "newb thinking" as you people put it, Im just saying we should bring everything to more equal footing. I believe the newbs are the ones who want to have a major advantage as they have now and rely on something overpowered, and are against anything that brings so called "inferior" types of combat closer to killing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
                      2. 'Vehicle-neutered' ranked map option:
                      Same as above but weapon's on the transport vehicles removed.
                      I'd agree with this one.

But i'll say it again: All IO haters, just STFU, because you know that NOTHING is being altered in your original conquest mode. The groundpounders are just getting another piece of enjoyment out of the game. Back off. It WILL NOT change the way you play just now.

Comment

Originally posted by mlkmnz
                        Not as good as the reality of people in tanks at distance firing, hopping out to repair damage, and repeating. Sometimes teamwork doesnt cut it. Maybe when tanks are driving through congested streets yes, but any average player in a tank can 0wn very easily from afar.
                        Of your 123 total hours 71 are infantry maps. You have 22 hours in armour, who knows how much of that is actually APC.

Anyway to my point, at 30 hours aviator I consider myself to be at novice / beginner level. With your very low level of experience at non infantry maps and with armour I'd like to know what makes your opinion valid?

On a mixed map like Zatar Wetlands, in a tank, you are constantly being hunted by Jets and attack choppers. The bridges and bases are mined and C4'd. AT infantry and tow missiles wait around every strategic corner, and jihad jeeps are tearing around looking for you.

Now how you're expected to "own from afar" here is a complete mystery to me. Are you suggesting it's safe to sit in the open swamp while the jets and helis tv and bomb you? Meanwhile the tows are lining you up and the spec ops are loading up jeeps with C4.

Unfortunately your opinion like many other IO supporters is based on your experiences in what already are infantry based maps, and are not valid in discussion outside those maps.

Comment

5823 total kills.
                          2946 using kit items (2027 using assault rifles).
                          2855 using vehicles, most of which (1339) were camping the USMC TV station on Sharqi in the MEC chopper (educated guess).
                          Uhh yeah?
                          Like I said, I have more assault rifle kills than any other individual type of kill (tanks, choppers, whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by RavenRealms
                            I'd agree with this one.

But i'll say it again: All IO haters, just STFU, because you know that NOTHING is being altered in your original conquest mode. The groundpounders are just getting another piece of enjoyment out of the game. Back off. It WILL NOT change the way you play just now.
                            What are you Nostradamus or something. Of course it will effect the original conquest mode. Infantry players now sometimes join normal map rotations for a change, or whatever, and vice versa.

The result is less full servers in both modes.

The result of that is less appealing servers available to a player considering joining a game somewhere.

The result of that is less players joining, which leads to servers being closed down.

And how about yourself, an exclusively Karkand medic and point whore extreme. How about you STFU. To call yourself a groundpounder is a self compliment, the true description is point whore.

Originally posted by jsr
                            Uhh yeah?
                            Like I said, I have more assault rifle kills than any other individual type of kill (tanks, choppers, whatever).
                            Oh, you wanna ADD "individual" in there now, whatever.

Look back at the original post and notice the 8)
                            Whats that? A smiley, and what does that mean?

It means the comment is made jokingly, referring to your 1339 kills for 81 deaths while spawn raping in the MEC chopper on Sharqi.

Comment

Originally posted by Turnip
                              Its your peoples fault people want IO, the whole nerfphobia thing has turned BF2 into a whores paradise. Copters surviving AT missiles and insta killing everything in the game, AA that doesnt work against jets, tanks that dont rely on any allies to help take out AT and can just roll in and rape everything that moves. People seem to like the idea of vehicles being the only thing that doesnt require teamwork and its the exact opposite of how the old battlefields worked and gives people with no real skill a foothold to kill people who do. Hell even the guns are made to rely on luck rather than anything aim just to cater to these types of people.
                              'Your people's fault'? And who exactly are those people to whom you are referring? The people who enjoy playing the same game they bought and paid for? Yes...it's our fault we like the game we bought the way it is. DAMN US!!!

'Tanks that can just roll in and rape everything that moves.' :laugh: C4, TOW, AT mines, AT rockets, helicopters, jets, other tanks...even APCs. All of these are capable of destroying tanks. If your team is letting a tank 'rape everything that moves' then your team sucks. I'll give you the AA, though -- it tracks well enough but it needs a longer range, at least the stinger/IGLA sites.

And where exactly is it written that vehicles require no teamwork to use? Oh, that's right...on Karkand! Because the entirety of Battlefield should be based on how things work on Karkand. I keep forgetting. Silly me, thinking that the other 12 maps actually mattered.

And what's also amusing is how you mention that guns 'require luck rather than anything', and yet you still want a mode where that's all there is are guns (and nades and claymores of course).

IO puts everyone on an equal footing and thats what appeals to people, if they halfed the hitpoints of all vehicles and brought the 1.2 AA back these same people who want IO would probably begin using vehicles, right now it just gives to little of a challenge and are way to easy for any newb to own with. I wouldnt have a problem flying around a group of AT people in a helicopter trying to dodge rockets while taking them out at the same time, or getting to close to AA and trying to take them out before im left with no flares, that is how the game is supposed to be; not swirling around laying waste to everything as it stands no chance against you.
                              If they halved the hitpoints of the vehicles, APCs and AA vehicles would go down with one AT rocket, and tanks would take one or two. If that's the case, why even have them in the first place. Tanks in BF2 are so much easier to take out than ones in BF1942 for many reasons, not the least of which being that AT rockets are guided now (Rebels and Insurgents aside). If you got caught wandering out in the open in El Alamein against a Panzer IV you got your head handed to you. I forget, how many people cried to DICE to get Panzers nerfed in (or removed from) BF1942?

I dont think this is just "newb thinking" as you people put it, Im just saying we should bring everything to more equal footing. I believe the newbs are the ones who want to have a major advantage as they have now and rely on something overpowered, and are against anything that brings so called "inferior" types of combat closer to killing them.
                              Yeah, the 'newbs' are the ones that sit in a tank and kill, and the 'l33t' players are the ones that allow them to rape and rather than counter it they go and whine about it.

Originally posted by RavenRealms
                              I'd agree with this one.

Everybody has a right to an opinion, so just watch who you're telling to STFU. Or would you rather DICE removed our opinions, too?

And I'll say it again - if IO is such a popular idea and it's not about the stats, how come everyone has been playing 'regular' BF2 for over a year when IO has been available unranked from the get-go?

~Wolfgang

Comment

And not to forget their happiness to spam invulnerable claymores everywhere with 1.13 (or whatever), then when that was fixed they discovered the newly tweaked PKM. Karkand went from being full of snipers to being full of support overnight.

So much for the "just want a gun fight on even ground".

These Karkand points whores are what the game can do without. There are juvenile games around to cater for them already, like CSS.

Yet another Karkand whore...

I've yet to have any IO supporter convince me this is anything more than a simple drive to remove vehicles from Karkand.

"What the hell is gonna change for those who won't play IO"?
                                7. Old loyal community (BF42) loses their favourite franchise (no more appealing titles).

BF2 exists due to the BF42 community and years of their loyalty, not due to the juvenile whining of Karkand points whores. Leave our game alone, find your own fuxxing game to screw over.
                                LOL, I am not a karkand whore!!! I don't play enough to be considered a whore in any shape or form. You are pretty foolish though, you are basing all your anger and misguided negativity on what you assume will happen after the new patch comes out. I think you know the old saying about assumptions and asses...

I hope the "Old loyal community" doesn't punish you for calling people whores on their behalf. And last time I checked, BF2 seemed to exist due to EA/Dice, not you and the old guys, if they want to add IO just deal with it. I'm sure if they introduced Air Whore Only server option you'd be all up in there!

doesn't that tell you something?

seems like everyone wants to play IO!

we will have to wait and see.

I think more options for server choice, game excels.

what the hell are you talking about??? vehicle whoring/spamming has been a problem from the start.

The game direction is the same, nothings changed. spawn/kill/cap/respawn, whether in a vehicle or on foot.

I doubt that, BF2 has been around for a while and people lose interest cause of that, communities dwindle naturally. I bet you will still be interested in upcoming BF titles.

Comment

Working...
                                X