No announcement yet.

[xXx]gh0st's view on Infantry Only (IO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [xXx]gh0st's view on Infantry Only (IO)

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
    Unlimited airplanes is as shallow a gameplay mode as IO. I don't think the fact it is unranked has anything to do with it not being popular as it'd be rather slow way to accumulate points. However IO mode has no such problem with 5+ SPM is easy to keep for an average player on IO where as on a regular server they'd be down somewhere more like 3 SPM at best.
    the avarge SPM on the normal on battlefield is below 2 I have 3 with mostly guns

Comment

Very interesting thread. Both sides make some excellent points!

One possible solution would be to make it so you could mix IO with vanilla on the same server. Say a round or 2 of Wake with all vehicles, then a round or 2 IO. That way the community would not be split and everyone gets something.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Traci_Kila_Lords
        Very interesting thread. Both sides make some excellent points!

One possible solution would be to make it so you could mix IO with vanilla on the same server. Say a round or 2 of Wake with all vehicles, then a round or 2 IO. That way the community would not be split and everyone gets something.

Just a thought.
        can.

but still it's there own choice to play IO

Comment

First let me say that I love playing this game. I've been playing the BF series since it started.

I have read all of the posts on this topic and I think that I may have a solution to IO. The main problem with IO mode is that it WILL become a haven for stat padders, ie medics. If you don't believe that then you are naive. The way to fix it is simple, take out the defibulators. If you die, you are dead and you wait to respawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugsy
            The main problem with IO mode is that it WILL become a haven for stat padders, ie medics. If you don't believe that then you are naive. The way to fix it is simple, take out the defibulators. If you die, you are dead and you wait to respawn.
            Even easier is just to make it unranked. The nobody will play it and thus it won't effect the gameplay experience of me and others like me who care little about statistics.

Comment

or put in non-combat vehicles so that all the classes are useful and maps don't take 10 minutes just to find a fight

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                Even easier is just to make it unranked. The nobody will play it and thus it won't effect the gameplay experience of me and others like me who care little about statistics.
                no offense but if you dont like/care about stats then why do you fly all the time,and complain about IO being ranked?

IO is a mode ask for by the community,that consisted of very little flyboys.

face it lots of ppl want this mode,and unfortunatly for you there is not enough ppl that dont want it.

there are thousands of bf2 servers its not like you wont be able to find a normal bf2 server.

its a new game mode and gives players the option to play if they want.

saying i hope its not ranked,so others wont play it makes you sound jelious that some players will overtake you on the kit rankings for using the weapon the kit provides them instead of picking a kit getting in a plane and racking up kills to get all the expert badges and move up in the kit rankings.

but of course that really doesnt bother you due to you not being bother about stats.

i no for sure i will do well on IO with my "this is my flag ill defend it the whole round" mind set

Comment

Hmm...one of the better IO threads. I actually read most of it.
                  Here's my $.02.

I am not a fan of IO for BF2. The BF series has always been about the mix of infantry and vehicles. ALWAYS!! It's what separated it from games like CS/UT etc.
                  IMO EA/DICE is implementing this to cater to all the CS type people that were drawn to BF2 because of the Stats. Now they want to turn BF2 into a CS type game because they don't like the vehicles.

All of the people against IO are missing a valuable point in regard to who this is going to affect. Basically all the people that tend to stay away from the 24/7 "City Maps" types of servers will most likely not be affected by the implementation of IO. Why?? Because a large % of the 24/7 "city maps" servers will go IO. This will only make the gameplay on "regular" servers better because now we won't have the vehicle-haters whining about the vehicles.
                  We also don't have to worry about the "CS" type of people mucking with the "normal" BF2 gameplay anymore..they'll be doing it the IO "Part of the game".

Will this split the community?? You bet...but I don't want vehicle-haters in my part of the community anyway. Let them have their own game mode. Let them run rampant on each other and let me operate my vehicles against people who appreciate the vehicle.

Oh and don't be surprised to still see AT class being used in IO mode. Don't forget, the SRAW is still a 1 shot kill. A very attractive trait. Why do you think all the 'nade spamming is happening. Insta Kill.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
                    Hmm...one of the better IO threads. I actually read most of it.
                    Here's my $.02.

I am not a fan of IO for BF2. The BF series has always been about the mix of infantry and vehicles. ALWAYS!! It's what separated it from games like CS/UT etc.
                    IMO EA/DICE is implementing this to cater to all the CS type people that were drawn to BF2 because of the Stats. Now they want to turn BF2 into a CS type game because they don't like the vehicles.

All of the people against IO are missing a valuable point in regard to who this is going to affect. Basically all the people that tend to stay away from the 24/7 "City Maps" types of servers will most likely not be affected by the implementation of IO. Why?? Because a large % of the 24/7 "city maps" servers will go IO. This will only make the gameplay on "regular" servers better because now we won't have the vehicle-haters whining about the vehicles.
                    We also don't have to worry about the "CS" type of people mucking with the "normal" BF2 gameplay anymore..they'll be doing it the IO "Part of the game".

Will this split the community?? You bet...but I don't want vehicle-haters in my part of the community anyway. Let them have their own game mode. Let them run rampant on each other and let me operate my vehicles against people who appreciate the vehicle.

Oh and don't be surprised to still see AT class being used in IO mode. Don't forget, the SRAW is still a 1 shot kill. A very attractive trait. Why do you think all the 'nade spamming is happening. Insta Kill.
                    i read youre reply and you have some points,but why do you make a stereotype out of players that may like to play IO as CS players/reject/like CS gameplay?????

i tryed CS once and i didnt like it due to the small maps and pointless round starts.

cs,when i played it (feel free to correct me)
                    but when i played objectives were kill and get cash,resart round spend cash on a gun,

follwed by kill,kill,new round over and over

i got bored of this game play same as i got got bored of playing q3mod 3wave(same repetitve game play,i.e cap the flag resart the round)

bf2 is differnt
                    1. bigger maps
                    2.modern combbat with a variety of weapons ect.
                    anyway back to IO

i also like the way you brand ppl that like the idea of IO as vehicle haters???

so youre telling me that only ppl that play IO are
                    1.cs lovers
                    2.hate vehicles and whine about them all the time??
                    3.some how they muck about with the game(cant eliabirate what u mean by this)

get a me 5000 screenshots of seprate ppl that meet the above critera then i may belive you <==(yes that bit was a j/k)there are thousands of players all over the world impossible to know what they all think of IO.

i hate CS ,love vehicles but i also like the idea of IO,due to it being a option that i never had before.

i think a challenge is a good thing,why dont the dedicated vehicle users give it a try and see what it feels like taking the beating then you may understand why ppl whant to play IO instead of geting raped by armor,planes ect.

Comment

• Re: [xXx]gh0st's view on Infantry Only (IO)

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
                      no offense but if you dont like/care about stats then why do you fly all the time,and complain about IO being ranked?
                      Uh? What does me "flying all the time" have to do with anything? Considering I've got more time with an assault rifle than anything you'd be much more accurate saying "why do you revive all the time!".

IO is a mode ask for by the community,that consisted of very little flyboys. face it lots of ppl want this mode,and unfortunatly for you there is not enough ppl that dont want it.
                      You calling me a flyboy again? Flyboy maybe, but I'd still put you to shame on the ground.

More importantly I'd estimate that is a in fact a very small portion of BF2 players who want IO mode. Most people who play BF2 don't read these forums and even fewer participate in the discussion. The people won't don't do those things generally speaking are pretty pleased with the game. Just look at all the people crying on the forums about how overpowered tanks, helicopters and airplanes are. Those are the same people who complained to DICE and sent them emails begging for them to be able to play Karkand without have that inconvient artillery raining down on theer camp spot or having an APC that they can't destroy because they're a medic.

there are thousands of bf2 servers its not like you wont be able to find a normal bf2 server.
                      Thousands of servers sure but how many 64 player servers that are constantly full, have a good ping and play the map rotations I like? Not many. I enjoy 24/7 City Maps servers too (StrafeRight being one example) and those are the most likely servers to switch over to IO mode. This IO mode crap effects me and everybody else.

its a new game mode and gives players the option to play if they want.
                      saying i hope its not ranked,so others wont play it makes you sound jelious that some players will overtake you on the kit rankings for using the weapon the kit provides them instead of picking a kit getting in a plane and racking up kills to get all the expert badges and move up in the kit rankings.
                      Yeah that's why I fly! The badges! That's the exact mentality that will make IO mode such a destructive force on BF2 as a whole.

but of course that really doesnt bother you due to you not being bother about stats.
                      Clearly you don't understand why I don't want IO mode ranked. I'll recap one more time for you since you seem to be a little slower than most. If only statwhores want to play IO mode then making it unranked will make it unappealing to them and as a result IO mode will fail. If you and the other IO fanboys really cared about IO you'd be MORE than happy to take it in an unranked format but that isn't the case now is it?

i no for sure i will do well on IO with my "this is my flag ill defend it the whole round" mind set
                      I bet you will! I also bet you'll be able to come close to my 5.0 score per minute while playing a medic on IO but don't forget that you're playing on easy mode and as such your SPM/KDR means absolutely squat. But remeber you don't have to tell people you got it by playing IO so make sure to always lie and tell people that you don't play IO.. that'll make you look like a real hotshot medic for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                        or put in non-combat vehicles so that all the classes are useful and maps don't take 10 minutes just to find a fight
                        I agree.

Comment

i also like the way you brand ppl that like the idea of IO as vehicle haters???

so youre telling me that only ppl that play IO are
                          1.cs lovers
                          There has never been a more pronounced section of the BF community that has such a strong disdain for vehicles in ANY of the BF series until BF2. Where do you think these people came from? The other BF games?? Uhmm...no because that group understood and respected the need for vehicles because they've always been here. They've come from the other popular FPS games that were not vehicle centric.

It is a clear fact EA/DICE is creating this IO mode to cater to them. There would be no other reason for an IO mode if these people were not screaming about it.

2.hate vehicles and whine about them all the time??
                          Yes they do. All you hear from the "Karkand Whores" is how the vehicles ruin the map. You can't deny that threads like that aren't all over the place.
                          3.some how they muck about with the game(cant eliabirate what u mean by this)
                          By "muck" I mean give EA/DICE ideas on how to change the gameplay to suit "their" IO style of gameplay. They now have a mode that they can screw up and make less like BF and more like something else.

Comment

Tsk PW ... IO Mode is here .. its going to be ranked so suck it up and STFU, Its an Option cant you read?

oooommmgz0rz IO Mode is ruining and fragmenting bf2...., well big major new news (not) its already fragemented with SF/EF/AF/ un/ranked servers and different server versions too, not to mention mods.

So0o0o all the infantry are going top play IO Mode, which means youll have no cannon fodder for your jet wh0r3ing... shame.

You say you fly to get badges? ROFL then i suppose youve never got an expert badge without using a vehicle? you know by actually using the kit for what its intended? rather than stat whoreing it up to gain the badges falsely ROFL your arguement is weak, what you argue against IO mode is contradictory and is what your actually doing by gaining badges in such a way.

I will say again just so your clear and maybe itll get through that wall of attitude and arrogance you have....,,now pay attention.....,Its here its going to be ranked so suck it up.

With your stats and planewhoreing how the hell can you point the finger at anyone else?

Your so full of sh*t its a wonder you dont make money out of selling manure.

Comment

[quote=frazzman]
                              You say you fly to get badges?quote]

Its sad when obvious sarcasm and a good insult towards ignorance gets such an answer.

Comment

[quote=Chris_Redfield]
                                Originally posted by frazzman
                                You say you fly to get badges?quote]

Its sad when obvious sarcasm and a good insult towards ignorance gets such an answer.

Even sadder when the quote tag is incorrectly used lol

Comment

Working...
                                X