No announcement yet.

[xXx]gh0st's view on Infantry Only (IO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [xXx]gh0st's view on Infantry Only (IO)

Originally posted by Retuner
    hard to believe, but get used to it.

infrantry matches has been always be this way
    from BF1942&Vietnam and now BF2

I know because I play already 4 years long battlefield infrantry matches
    Did you not read the very first line of my post i didnt complain i said i wasnt for or against infantry only i was just going to give some facts and then you called me a liar. Your just an out right arsehole arent you out for an arguement well carry on becaue im just going to ignore you.

P.s. you lieing little **** in bf1942 you didnt have medics with medics packs and defiblators (actually i dont think i remember there even being a medic class) you had medicne cabinets in bunkers and buildings and usually crates of ammo near the same place if i remember rightly. It was all about winning in those days aswell not getting as many points as you can so you can get your next unlock.

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
      Did you not read the very first line of my post i didnt complain i said i wasnt for or against infantry only i was just going to give some facts and then you called me a liar. Your just an out right arsehole arent you out for an arguement well carry on becaue im just going to ignore you.

P.s. you lieing little **** in bf1942 you didnt have medics with medics packs and defiblators (actually i dont think i remember there even being a medic class) you had medicne cabinets in bunkers and buildings and usually crates of ammo near the same place if i remember rightly. It was all about winning in those days aswell not getting as many points as you can so you can get your next unlock.
      lol there where medics and the nicest tacktick was somebody shooting and you heal.

because there where nice spots where you could heal your team mate when he shooted is clip.

nice teawmork but public people would say exploit because the word exploit now days is famous in the battlefield community

Comment

BF2 is all about vehicle AND infantry combat.

People who play infantry only are p*ssies.

Comment

This is my first round of the day i did join a squad but the squad leader was a private (noob) and decide to go snipe in one of the cranes on kubra dam so i basically had to go solo as there were no squads that were up to out realy.

Every single person was either medic or sniper except a couple of noobs (there was a couple of support guys on the other team though).

So whats that 81 points 25 kills & 9 deaths (once i was revived) with no squad all going solo with the L85A1. If i had a squad and it wasnt such a huge arse map that takes ages to get from one flag to another i would have proberly had more kills and less deaths. BTW it took under 20 minutes to get that score. I wouldnt of even had a game yet today i wanted to listen to the radio interview with the rise of kobol mod team but the interview buggered up not long after it started so i though id have a quick round to prove a point.

Comment

As much as I think the BF series has always had an air imbalance, with out aircraft it simply wouldn't be the BF series anymore.

With out it's vehicles, and other gaming elements, BF2 is just a clunky shooter that doesn't make much sense trying to get good at, if I have to relegate myself to 2 roles, and 3 moves (dive, macro break dance, or hop around).

It's a square peg in a round hole.

That's why you see so many changes being hollered for by players that love infantry.

Cone creates randomness, randomness creates chaos, teamwork defeats chaos.

That is the BF2 formula, along with an attempted ROCK/PAPER/SICCORS weapons platform.

Doesn't it seem obvious that if an infantryman needs to do things that are within the sphere of exploitation, or choose a limited number of kits and unlocks to gain an advantage (which falls short of their expectations), that maybe it was never intended to be that way? After all the macros, flopping, and other things, they still holler for larger capcity mags and more accurate weapons.

"The G3 should have more ammo" That's a classic. What else should it do? Blow me while I play?

To me BF2 has always been about checking your ego at the door. A new player can kill you dead as a great player. It's suppose to be that way to promote the other aspects of the game. Every attempt to make it into something it's not, only causes further imbalances.

I've seen posters in here attempting to suggest that the entire physics of the game should be changed. That hit detection should go back to the way it was with many previous shooters. Shouldn't it dawn on some you that at that point, maybe it's time to give up this incessant attempt to play a game in a way it was never intended? Change the physics? Come now, isn't the traditional way to get away from a certain gaming engine, is to simply play another game, not lobby for a complete revamping of the one your playing?

IO is just another futile attempt to make BF2 into something that it is not. Could it be fun. Sure. Will some people love it. Of course. In the grand scheme of what BF2 was intended to be and along with the dream of what the rank/point system should have been, should IO servers be ranked. Of course not.

Not that it matters the ranking and point system has been a complete and utter failure. The only purpose I ever saw was that it might serve is a good way to autobalance games. Other then that it has only been counterproductive in a game that I think teamwork is what it has going for it. Every patch, every tweak should have had as it's purpose to promote this element of the game.

Maybe IO will be good for everyone. Instead of when I'm playing Karkand, and trying to cap a flag, I won't see that giant cluster of dots around Hotel and Square. They'll all be in an IO server some where, checking their K/D during the monumetal ammount of times they are watching the spawn clock count down.

Comment

battlefield 2 is ment to be about warfare, IO takes the piss, bf franchise is all about having vechiles in the game and it being like an army

Comment

Originally posted by disfigured
                stop whining
                if you don't like, then don't play it..

nobody does enforce you,
                the battlefield series has always has his charm because of the many differnt aspect of the games.

I have played many infrantry matches but also many vichles only servers.

dammmit 10 tanks or 16 planes or more

I saw you playing. and killed you sometimes with my dear friend m16
                -------------------------
                see you on the battlefield.

I saw you playing. and killed you sometimes with my dear friend m16
                -------------------------
                see you on the battlefield.

Comment

Originally posted by Retuner
                  if you don't like, then don't play it..

nobody does enforce you,
                  the battlefield series has always has his charm because of the many differnt aspect of the games.

I have played many infrantry matches but also many vichles only servers.

dammmit 10 tanks or 16 planes or more
                  First of all don't misquote me, the word whine does not appear once in my post.

My point is, I believe it's not a good fit for the BF2 engine. Stripping away most things and leaving infantry is highligting one of the things that BF2 is least good at doing.

I think that's why infantry people are always displeased. It's not that they are whining, it's that they are trying to acheive a style of game play that BF2 is poorely suited to provide.

Like I said, it could be fun, and I'll probably have a bash at a few IO servers myself.

If the point/rank system ever meant anything or means anything now, I don't see any justification for allowing them to be ranked. But since the point/rank system is essentially in a shambles, it probably doesn't make any difference if they are ranked or not. Not at this time anyway.

Gaming and the people who play games are much like sports. Change a rule here, allow certain equipment to be used there, and the results can have anyone one of a number of different outcomes. Sometimes totally oppostite of what was intended.

Although it may create a division in the community, IO's could quite possibly create better servers for each type of player.

Comment

First of all don't misquote me, the word whine does not .
                    lol I misquoted you.., my bad it was this guy

Originally posted by wid0wmaker
                    battlefield 2 is ment to be about warfare, IO takes the piss, bf franchise is all about having vechiles in the game and it being like an army

My point is, I believe it's not a good fit for the BF2 engine. Stripping away most things and leaving infantry is highligting one of the things that BF2 is least good at doing.

I think that's why infantry people are always displeased. It's not that they are whining, it's that they are trying to acheive a style of game play that BF2 is poorely suited to provide.

Like I said, it could be fun, and I'll probably have a bash at a few IO servers myself.

If the point/rank system ever meant anything or means anything now, I don't see any justification for allowing them to be ranked. But since the point/rank system is essentially in a shambles, it probably doesn't make any difference if they are ranked or not. Not at this time anyway.

Gaming and the people who play games are much like sports. Change a rule here, allow certain equipment to be used there, and the results can have anyone one of a number of different outcomes. Sometimes totally oppostite of what was intended.

Although it may create a division in the community, IO's could quite possibly create better servers for each type of player.
                    but understand you say stripping but if you ever played the prevouis versions of battlefield.

You know that infrantry was one of the first serverside script around on the battlefield mod community.

Comment

Its alright im an outright liar according to him

Comment

Its alright im an outright liar according to him
                        was my bad also I will see you on the battlefield :laugh: gonna l33t your ***.
                        happy fragging to you all.
                        -------------------------------
                        I think the hot summer is affecting my brains

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                          Haven't encountered that yet. Maybe patience isn't one of your virtues. Or maybe you're just looking for excuses to justify why you want stat pad mode.

don't need to stat pad, as I care less about stats, why don't you go bomb something in your stat machine, er, plane.

Ahh now we're getting to the root of the problem. In a game where skill is much more of a factor you get slaughtered.

Wow, you make me actually want to type "lol", is this you? http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?p...count=48131109 , if so add a roflcopter in there.

Modern in what regard? The source engine was released only a short time before Battlefield 2. Mods like Day of Defeat are technically newer than BF2. Now if you're talking modern as in.. vehicles. If that's what you meant then heh that comment is amusing.

Counterstrike is much more fast paced than BF2, UT even moreso than CS.

So is Warrock, doesn't mean I like them

You don't need to mention that you like easy games more than once. By now we all know you like easy games, and they don't get much easier than Battlefield 2 without vehicles.

Hahaha more "lol"s

LOL the IO mode fanboy talking about how much he loves "any number of vehicles" So which is it.. IO mode or vanilla BF2? Let me guess.. IO mode if you can't get in the APC and vanilla BF2 when you do. Can't have it both ways.

Actually, I can have it both ways, EA/DICE said so.

Planewhore, simply put, you are nothing to me, your opinion, and snide comments are barely worth responding to, but I did anyway. What you think of what bf2 should be, or why I, or anyone else, should like what I like...means nothing. People like you are what's ruining this community.

As of now, EA/DICE are making it ranked, so...suck it up, and drive on. If you think that a few servers running infantry only are going to ruin the game, or degrade your precious stats system, any more than players that only sit in armor/planes/helos already do, you're paranoid.

Sorry guy there's people playing bf2 that don't feel the same way you do, need a tissue?

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
                            Planewhore, simply put, you are nothing to me, your opinion, and snide comments are barely worth responding to, but I did anyway. What you think of what bf2 should be, or why I, or anyone else, should like what I like...means nothing. People like you are what's ruining this community.

As of now, EA/DICE are making it ranked, so...suck it up, and drive on. If you think that a few servers running infantry only are going to ruin the game, or degrade your precious stats system, any more than players that only sit in armor/planes/helos already do, you're paranoid.

Sorry guy there's people playing bf2 that don't feel the same way you do, need a tissue?
                            Im so glad someone else can see this d00d for what he is.

Theres hope yet lol

as for ...,

Originally posted by GorillaWar1
                            BF2 is all about vehicle AND infantry combat.

People who play infantry only are p*ssies.

ROFL ROFL and ROFL again

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                              Fact: A team composed of nothing but medics on an IO server is unmatched offensive and defensive force with nothing to counter it but other medics
                              Running with a full squad of medics on an IO server you'd pretty much never die.
                              I'll play as AT and after every successful rocket hit, I'll say "Revive this!" :laugh:
                              Even if I don't really fancy this IO mode now, who knows, in time it could grow on me.
                              Let others to have their fun.

Comment

not that i have tested IO mode,but i do like the concept.

its a new game mode for a start(cant keep playing the same thing all the time)

yes its still cap flags ect but it will be differnt from having planes and heli flying around all the time.

i dont mind planes and heli flying around,but it would be nice to play somthing differnt.

and if it is ranked then players will have to try and get expert badges with a weapon instead of a tank/plane ect.

the stats system is good for comparing you various skills with certain aspects of the game,saying IO will distrupt the stats or whatever is stupid.

its somthing new to try,a break from the norm ect.

yes some will love some will hate,same goes for citymaps only servers and wake 24/7 servers ect

plane whores will prefer to play airmap maps like wake 24/7 so they can kill helpless infantary and occasonaly hear the odd AA site lock on to them,basacaly what ever makes them happy.

others that like to play as infantary can break away from all tanks/apc/heli/planes ect and play IO yes it may be slower but it will be differnt from the norm.

i say bring on IO and make it ranked,(it should last a bit longer than EF anyway)

oh and its free.

i await 1.4 and IO mode so i have another option in my game when playing bf2.

Comment

Working...
                                X