No announcement yet.

[xXx]gh0st's view on Infantry Only (IO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: [xXx]gh0st's view on Infantry Only (IO)

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
    Uh? What does me "flying all the time" have to do with anything? Considering I've got more time with an assault rifle than anything you'd be much more accurate saying "why do you revive all the time!".
    im not to botherd about how mutch time you have on assault rifle,youre name is planewhore and ive read comments that you have made about the flying aspect of the game hence me saying"you fly all the time"

You calling me a flyboy again? Flyboy maybe, but I'd still put you to shame on the ground.
    well thats cant be proved unless you live in the uk,and i play sniper mostly so at distance id say no unless you were sniper,but up close yes cus id only have a pistol.

More importantly I'd estimate that is a in fact a very small portion of BF2 players who want IO mode. Most people who play BF2 don't read these forums and even fewer participate in the discussion. The people won't don't do those things generally speaking are pretty pleased with the game. Just look at all the people crying on the forums about how overpowered tanks, helicopters and airplanes are. Those are the same people who complained to DICE and sent them emails begging for them to be able to play Karkand without have that inconvient artillery raining down on theer camp spot or having an APC that they can't destroy because they're a medic.
    maybe but again thats a small amount of players that moan on forums not the whole bf2 community that whould like IO

Thousands of servers sure but how many 64 player servers that are constantly full, have a good ping and play the map rotations I like? Not many. I enjoy 24/7 City Maps servers too (StrafeRight being one example) and those are the most likely servers to switch over to IO mode. This IO mode crap effects me and everybody else.
    i doubt all city map servers will have the IO mode but a few will,bf2 is not going to last forever lots off ppl will leave for 2142 so the servers will get a bit more empty

Yeah that's why I fly! The badges! That's the exact mentality that will make IO mode such a destructive force on BF2 as a whole.
    if i understand you correctly then you think players will stats pad ther badges? but they wont be able to get heli,plane,armor,comander,badges.

Clearly you don't understand why I don't want IO mode ranked. I'll recap one more time for you since you seem to be a little slower than most. If only statwhores want to play IO mode then making it unranked will make it unappealing to them and as a result IO mode will fail. If you and the other IO fanboys really cared about IO you'd be MORE than happy to take it in an unranked format but that isn't the case now is it?
    i can understand what youre point is,and no im not slow im a player with his own opinon that i am going to express in a forum just like you do.

lets make normal bf2 unranked and see what the flyboys do with that.
    nothing wrong with IO being ranked.
    scenario,32 players in a IO ranked server,
    all moving around and killing each other man O a man O,i doubt they would be thinking "yes i have another point" wow i got another point,ect ect

but yes a few will try and live in IO mode to get stats just like there are thousands that do in normal bf2 whats the differnce in the stat farming(apart from being no transport)

I bet you will! I also bet you'll be able to come close to my 5.0 score per minute while playing a medic on IO but don't forget that you're playing on easy mode and as such your SPM/KDR means absolutely squat. But remeber you don't have to tell people you got it by playing IO so make sure to always lie and tell people that you don't play IO.. that'll make you look like a real hotshot medic for sure!
    well who's to say you wont get branded that with youre super medic 5.0kdr when IO comes out? i thought you didnt care about stats.

you take this game bf2 to seriously its a game,a game i dont play all the time due to me being a dad that has commitments.

i am not bothered what my stats are compared to others i just enjoy the game and when IO comes out i will enjoy that.

better to enjoy bf2 than complain about it all the time.
    i mearly put my point of view accross about IO and to make a point that normal players like the idea of IO.

but youre clearly distrought by IO and i would offer you support but thats not my feild of expertise.

reality check,youre in a forum,were talking about a game mode thats optional,but you think its a good thing to react to my post with sarcasim and try and make me sound like a stupid person.

not really mature or clever but if it makes you feel special then carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
      There has never been a more pronounced section of the BF community that has such a strong disdain for vehicles in ANY of the BF series until BF2. Where do you think these people came from? The other BF games?? Uhmm...no because that group understood and respected the need for vehicles because they've always been here. They've come from the other popular FPS games that were not vehicle centric.

It is a clear fact EA/DICE is creating this IO mode to cater to them. There would be no other reason for an IO mode if these people were not screaming about it.
      I agree with you but I still find this phenomina to be rather odd. I've played a multitude of different FPS, Action, RTS and RPG games. Almost every single other FPS I've played has had no vehicles (Tribes series and Planetside being the exceptions). Games I've played and enjoyed include Counterstrike, DoD, TF, UT, Quake ect.. ect.. yet just because I've played those games it doesn't make me dislike the vehicles aspect to Battlefield 2.

Comment

[quote=frazzman]
        Originally posted by Chris_Redfield

Even sadder when the quote tag is incorrectly used lol
        Misuse and mistake are totally different .

im not to botherd about how mutch time you have on assault rifle,youre name is planewhore and ive read comments that you have made about the flying aspect of the game hence me saying"you fly all the time"
        HOLY CRAP THAT IS RETARDED!

My name is Chris_Redfield, do I hunt zombies in TotalBF2 forums?

Comment

... yet just because I've played those games it doesn't make me dislike the vehicles aspect to Battlefield 2.
          I dare say that you are an exception to that rule.
          Did you play BF1942, BF:V and/or any mods from either? If so than that's why you accept the vehicles. You've played and grown with them. You're used to them.

I'm mainly talking about the players that came to the BF series with BF2 from those other games. They want BF2 to be like the other games because that's what they're used to

Comment

I dare say that you are an exception to that rule.
            Did you play BF1942, BF:V and/or any mods from either? If so than that's why you accept the vehicles. You've played and grown with them. You're used to them.

I'm mainly talking about the players that came to the BF series with BF2 from those other games. They want BF2 to be like the other games because that's what they're used to
            My mentioned buddy came to BF2 because of the option to use/not to use vehicles, he came from CS. I came from SWAT4 and CS to BF2. I disliked BF1942 at first. Got back to BF with BF2. I play jets and infantry, suck at armor. And there are MANY others like me.

Comment

blade.verzilli TF...

I cannot respond to your post.

In all my time on any forum I have never seen the quote tag used so poorly. Reformat your post to make it legible and stop misquoting me. And normally though I'm no stickler for proper spelling in such an informal setting reading your post makes me feel like I'm conversing with a third grader.. no scratch that... third grades are far more proficient at the English language than you are. If you can't spell properly then at least do us all a favor and use a basic spellchecker.

I must say though if your post and Frazzman's posts perfectly illustrates one thing it's that the average IO mode advocate is of below average intelligence. Needless to say that'd explain a lot.

Comment

blade.verzilli TF...

If your and Frazzman's posts perfectly illustrates one thing though it's that the average IO mode advocate is of below average intelligence. Needless to say that'd explain a lot.

ROFL is there no end to the depth of your arrogance? now im below avg intelligence .., but you still feel the need to defend yourself against me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  My mentioned buddy came to BF2 because of the option to use/not to use vehicles, he came from CS. I came from SWAT4 and CS to BF2. I disliked BF1942 at first. Got back to BF with BF2. I play jets and infantry, suck at armor. And there are MANY others like me.
                  Well I'm glad to see I'm pulling you out of the wood work
                  I still say you are the minority.
                  There's no way anyone can make me believe that this anti-vehicle sentiment is coming from inside the core BF fan base. It has to be an outside game influence.

Comment

Originally posted by frazzman
                    ROFL is there no end to the depth of your arrogance? now im below avg intelligence .., but you still feel the need to defend yourself against me.
                    No Frazzman, you've always been this way. I'm not sure if it was consuming too many lead based paint chips, or spending your childhood under high voltage lines but needless to say the damage has been done.

Comment

No Frazzman, you've always been this way. I'm not sure if it was consuming too many lead based paint chips, or spending your childhood under high voltage lines but needless to say the damage has been done.
                      Yes im damaged goods thats true but atleast im not in denial.

Thank god i dont have your superiority complex.

Comment

Yes im damaged goods
                        Acceptance is the first step Frazzman.

Comment

Well I'm glad to see I'm pulling you out of the wood work
                          I still say you are the minority.
                          There's no way anyone can make me believe that this anti-vehicle sentiment is coming from inside the core BF fan base. It has to be an outside game influence.
                          Im inclined to agree. Who the hell would want to play Battlefield 2 with no superior threat to your efforts? I guess its the difference right here- When T90 has its barrel at my face I think "oh sh!t!", when T90 aims his barrel at some other kind of people its "wheres my AWP?!?!?!" or "i bet I can still revive that sob and collect 2 points before I bleed to death"...

When I get bombed by Su after I neutralized a flag, I dont think "DICE AND EA SUCK ***!!!!11", I think "Man I fvcked up here, how could I have been so stupid..."*

*neutralized flag is a beacon for bombers

Comment

Acceptance is the first step Frazzman.
                            Yes something you oughta take a look at too.

Comment

Yes im damaged goods thats true but atleast im not in denial.

Thank god i dont have your superiority complex.
                              Youre not entirely beaten. Im a firm believer in the "You know youve lost an argument if you go after typos/grammar" rule.

Comment

Yes something you oughta take a look at too.
                                Accepting my superiority? Is that what you mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X