Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rules Discussion

IndianScout...

I need to ask a question. Are these rules enforceble on servers were there are no admins and no rules? Example, Insomnia servers. Almost never is an admin present. But if someone TKs another player for a tank, is it a ROE violation even if the server does not list/enforce rules? I understand these rules to be optional. What is the standing on this? Can these rules be enforced when they are not listed as rules of the server?

I believe this is where a big confuse is at. And please, don't paste in some quote from the ROE rules like you always do. Straight English without the Legalise.

Comment

Whatever happened to this discussion, it just fell off the planet.

Comment

The rules have to be listed either in the welcome screen or in-game I believe. If the server doesn't run the optional rules which aren't new btw, for the most part they were all in the old ROE, then obviously you won't be kicked or reported even if there were no admins present. But by the looks of it, these people who can't read will probably start reporting people for jihad jeeping even though a server might not have that as an "in house server rule"

If a server doesn't run an uncap rule for example, then obviously you can attack the uncaps. A player won't be able to report you for attacking the uncap and get your stats wiped. That is the most rediculous thing I have heard in this discussion. People worrying about their damn stats.

People seriously need to read over this ROE again and slowly and obviously let it sink in because 90% of the people in this thread who have commented failed comprehension miserably.

This latest ROE is either an example that DICE/EA can't write a clear concise document that doesn't cause any confusion or the BF2 community is a bunch of retards who can't read and comprehend anything other than who they killed on screen.

Comment

So your are saying I am retarded?! "**" I have read those rules several times, since they first came out.

Here is a quote for ya:

These “in-house” rules are allowed as long as they do not violate the conditions of use of a ranked server as determined by DICE and EA and as long as they are explicitly announced in the server description or on the loading screen, so that players joining the server are aware of them before they start playing.

Now, how-the-** are they going to put all those new "possible" rules in the loading screen? My questions have started turning to "how do you know when this stuff is actually being applied? One day, the rules are one thing, then one day they could be something else...or you could get reported by some 12 yro admin that says you were doing something against the server rules, has screen shots, but that 12 yro admin leaves out the listed rules on that server the minute you were playing?

I don't see anywhere in this list that along with screenshots, you have to show a screen shot of you warning the player!

Here I have another quote for you:

3.2.1 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

This would include but not limited to:

(d) Playing on “High Points” Servers

Now, does this get superceded by this:

1.4 Maps

1.4.1 Custom maps are never permitted on ranked servers, although we do permit map sizes to be defined independently of maximum players.

What are the safeguards to protect players and their stats from getting hurt by discrepencies?

Comment

It amazes me that some people can post but can't read.
            Despite warnings on the first page of this thread, there are still posters who think these are rules made mandatory by EA (okay, Indianscout's way of posting them didn't help). People need to take a deep breath and repeat after me:
            - These are just examples of rules that admins can put on their servers

Now this:
            - The currentl rules are now on EA's website: http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26641
            - You should actually read them before posting
            - They were NOT written by IndianScout. Don't blame him. He just started a discussion thread.

Now for a personal opinion: this new version is WAY better than the old one. It is better written, gives more leeway to server admins, concentrates on the real issues (stat-padding servers and players). Furthermore, it makes it clear than the rules come from EA, not from any shady group of self-appointed "police".

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
            Why is it they allow FF to be off but tkpunish still has to be on?
            It doesn't. It's been taken off this new version.
            We banged on Shawn's head until he got our point.

Comment

Are these rules that are able to be enforced by server admins....or rules that if you break you get a stat whipe??? im lost..

Comment

yes some ppl need to read it twice. And attacking ppl in that manner which some ppl did in this thread is distastefull. I have nothing against Indian Scout

Rule (c) is ok for me, rule (d) well hard to control and if an admin is not on a server then ppl are just ignoring these rules set by the server. As for rule (e) flag hopping got eliminated when they nerfed the BH. With a very flexible and a team that pays attention to the map, they can easily and take the flags back.
                Rule (f) not really a problem. Legit tactic and only the tankers that cries up about it. Rule (g), yes. So basicly:

(c):Yes
                (d):50/50
                (e):no
                (f):50/50
                (g):Yes

But its not enforced rules and its up to the single server/admins on the server to set each of these rules as legit or not.
                If one of those rules are broken, then its up to the admin to either 24 hour ban or ban permantly. To reset stats for breaking Non-enforced rules set in the ROE, well would be too much.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Chacal
                  It amazes me that some people can post but can't read.
                  Despite warnings on the first page of this thread, there are still posters who think these are rules made mandatory by EA (okay, Indianscout's way of posting them didn't help). People need to take a deep breath and repeat after me:

Now this:
                  - The currentl rules are now on EA's website: http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26641
                  - You should actually read them before posting
                  - They were NOT written by IndianScout. Don't blame him. He just started a discussion thread.

Now for a personal opinion: this new version is WAY better than the old one. It is better written, gives more leeway to server admins, concentrates on the real issues (stat-padding servers and players). Furthermore, it makes it clear than the rules come from EA, not from any shady group of self-appointed "police".

It doesn't. It's been taken off this new version.
                  We banged on Shawn's head until he got our point.
                  So are you saying we can turn off tkpunish now even if we have FF on? I didn't see this but if its true, then thank goodness for that!

2.2.3 TK Punish must be active (i.e. not “off”), but can be set to automatically punish or to allow players to punish/forgive by voting.

I still see it as being on

Comment

My God, you're right. I must have read the whole list several times and never saw it. Can't see the tree because of the forest I guess.

Well, back to bashing Colin again
                    This rule MUST be dropped.

Comment

no you cant turn TK off,, lol it must be set to on or auto

Comment

Working...
                      X