New Rules Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rules Discussion

I would suggest you focus on the behaviour of people against their own team, instead of trying to dictate how they engage the other one.

The rules relating to your own team were spot on. Simple really... don't attack your own team. Don't hinder your own team.

The rules relating to how you can attack the other team are simply ludicrous. You have no business telling people how they're supposed to kill the enemy when the enemy has more than enough ability to ensure it doesn't happen. Putting such rules in will simply polarize the BF2 community along lines that you have invented. It's a solution looking for a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
      I feel they need to just let servers govern themselves instead of having to make a rule about it. I saw someone that got his stats reset, and though he was an a55 on the server and I (along with others was happy he got nailed) was not violating any rules on the server because there were no rules listed on the server! There were never admins present to make a ruling to begin with either!
      dang dude, u hit it right on the money every time. avery good idea.

Comment

The problem is the absolutism here. You get your stats wiped, you can't protest. That is it, the end, you're screwed, have a nice day.

Comment

Yeah, I dislike the absolutism too RocketChild, and honestly here is why I don't like these "No Baseraping, no this that or the other" rules.

A) Baseraping? Like the main bases don't have defenses installed, specifically programmed by EA to be well defendable?

B) Like there aren't any OTHER spawnpoints? (Or are people too stupid to spawn anywhere else?)

C) Military History: The only war where certian targets and certian tactics were verboten was Vietnam. Vietnam, for those who were unaware, was an unmitagated disaster. Mostly (not all, but mostly) because of the micromanaging by Washtington Eggheads.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
            lmfao this guy has played with me, considering I have spent probably 1500+ hours in private admin and other servers this guy is talking out his backside..

nice try tho
            You have no idea who I am. 'Xanthpi' is my name on this forum. Not my name in the game.

We've even spoken before. Several times. You once spent 20 minutes bitching to me on your teamspeak about baserapers.

Comment

(f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)

Oh great!! Armour whores complain and look what they get,a RULE that prevents them from being attack by a car bomb. More points for the armour whores.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                (d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)

(e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).

(f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)

What's wrong with these? They're all legit tactics.
                agreed whole heartidly!

Comment

Indianscout your dumb rules stink man.
                  If all the flags are taken what else are you suposed to do???

Sit back and wait till the enemy takes a flag so u can cap it emidietly again?

Baserape will always happen and u can`t stop it with any rediculas rule that uyou and your bumfriend brought up because it happend to you and you could`t find a way around it.

PS: to all who fell the same.
                  Print the rules and burn them while dancing around it with laughter.

The whole BF2 police community can play with my nuts till i *** in there faces like the hores they are.

Comment

My ROE

1) Don't hack the game.

2) Don't glitch

3) Don't kill your buddies

4) Have fun

There, nice and simple.

Comment

I am waiting for the spawnrape rule to show up. Then we will really be in trouble.

Someone is attacking and lobs two grenades near a CP, it is intended for people defending, but nope you killed someone when they spawned and someone gets a short fraps of it. Because they are pissy, they submit the editted version for review, and it shows someone lobbing a couple grenades that look like they are targeted for a spawnpoint.

It is coming to this judging on the rules that are being implemented now. Once these are in place, they will have to find something else that people whine about to ban.

I prefer guidelines, rules will be broken, and the penalties are way to sever.

Comment

Teamkilling for vehicles and Teamkilling

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,
                        Reasonable, however, what are the consequences? Stats being reset? If so, that is way too harsh and it is very difficult to prove or report such violation, especially when teamkilling is one of the staple phenemonens of team FPS gaming. I highly doubt this part, if it will be a rule, can be enforced by EA and admins simply because it is widespread, subtle, and part of the gray area where the victim and the plaintiff have two different stories, both being valid and need attention to before appropriate actions should take place.

Standing on the runway because you didnt get the aircraft

Deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.
                        Although nice if such rule can be implemented and enforced, I highly doubt this rule will be effective with reasons above.

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)
                        Bad idea, despite the fact that this will provide the losing team a chance of rekindling momentum against the opposition, hence maintaining the challenge of both sides, such restrictive rule on such events that happen almost in every servers will hamper the experience of most BF2 players. All of us will become the victim and beneficiary of this rule, but most will stress themselves as being the victim. Expect large numbers of otherwise fair players to be kicked out of ranked servers if this rule is approved.

(e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).
                        This contradicts the concept that capturing flags is the key to winning the game. Is BF2's main gameplay mode Conquest, where the idea is for each team has to capture flags while engaging enemies time to time to do so, or a Team Deathmatch where flags are employed to let players spawn closer to the "hot spots"? Should pilots of these helicopters decide that they will need to transport his or her passengers to where at least one enemy is present just to prevent them being labled "exploiters" as this rule implies or select the safest route possible to capture all the flags and win?

The use of using transports as kamikaze vehicles exemplifies the freedom Battlefield 2 offers. This tactic is known by every average BF2 player and I believe it's safe to say everyone of these players have used such tactic. This rule should not be approved as it restricts the freedom of BF2 players (freedom as in doing anything legally) while killing a widely used, yet not overused nor exploited tactic that improves the gameplay of this game. This and the two previous rules will become an icon of how restrictive Battlefield 2 is and displays how BFROE and DICE are out of touch of how BF2 players play and expect of this game.

Personally, if these rules are allowed in ranked servers, even if the admins have the option to employ them or not, I will severely lose faith in both DICE and BFROE.

Comment

Wow talk about melodrama, if only you people could read!

What everyone is complaining about is something they think is against the ROE across the board when in fact its not. The rules that you are all crying about for the most part were in the old ROE, which nobody could ever seem to read that or the new ROE either. They are optional not mandatory. They are not for all ranked servers.

Section
                          2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Obviously you all need this explained to you. This means that servers can run these rules if they choose to. They are merely example of rules that are deemed acceptable for Private Ranked servers "IF THEY CHOOSE TO USE THEM"!

Get it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                            Section
                            2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:
                            Actually, I did understand that. I just think that, given those server side options already exist, this isn't really providing anything new, and it is more likely to cause division than it is to actually solve any problem.

I think that, as a rule-set, they should be concentrating on the things you CAN'T do, instead of providing examples of what you CAN.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
                              My ROE

1) Don't hack the game.

2) Don't glitch

3) Don't kill your buddies

4) Have fun

There, nice and simple.
                              Nice set of rules

Comment

Interesting rules but essentially flawed. Why is it a problem to attack uncappable? Tell them to get the heck out of there instead. Cap flags without engaging the enemy? Tell them to start defending their stuff. All these rules are only trying to stop gap a poor game design in the first place. And thats why they won't work. The fewer rules a server has for this, the better. Now, are these general rules or just for your servers?

I meet servers where you are forbidden to use claymores, where only spec ops are allowed to enter the base, and not steal any vehicle, but blow up stuff and bla bla bla. Its just too much hassle.

On some maps, like Surge, the game is so tilted against the insurgents that doing uncappable raids is actually the best shot you have at winning. See if you can nick the Tunguska or steal a tank of theirs, make sure the chopper doesn't lift off for another spawn cycle is pretty crucial.

I see where this is coming from, because I would love if the game had mechanics agains these things, but it doesn't because it has many design problems. The reason people tk for vehicles? Because they are too good. Make them less good. The reason people cap flags without fighting over them? Because BF2s age old lame conquest mode is so stupid and boring. Dice spend all this time making poor patches, but not actually giving us some variations in game modes, so that random capping would be pointless.

Uncapable bases being attacked? Give them more. You should make sure that uncapbable bases always have a few spawn different spawn points so people can select to spawn farther away if some dirtbag is trying to rape the spawn zone.

C4 ramming? Well, its a legit tactic isn't it? The tactic is rather useless in long term, since you get so few points relatively. I think the only reason people really do it is because of the lame Vet and Expert explosives badges requirements.

All in all, the giving your teamplayer TK / grief by standing in the way is probably the one I think is about the only rule you should enforce.

Comment

Working...
                                X