Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rules Discussion

Originally posted by [-CGZ-]BioRaveN
    Why dont you just KILL bf2 while your at it.

NO
    Very Mature Post

Comment

(e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).
      (f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)
      (g) Ignoring requests from Server Administrators or abusing Server Administrators.

Them three make no sense at all. First two are common tactics used by most players more or less. The third only gives admins unlimited power allowing them to do whatever they want. Plus then abusive admins can use (e) and (f) to "punish" the players whoever they don't like.

Well done, Indianscout. Thanks for making the admins one step closer to living gods. Believe EA are gonna love the new rules. Cos admins are PAYING money, we players've PAID money. That's the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by xanthpi
        I've played on a server with IndianScout before and can state with 100% certainty that he is a rubbish player. Absolutely dreadful in fact.

So, these rules are designed to help him become a 'pwnerer'. If he can't beat them, he'll ban them from the server. What a baby!

Or, IndianScout is employed by one of EA's competitors to turn off as many good players from EA's products as possible.

Now why may i ask you personally attack a person on the forums? very imature and childish! lets keep the post somewhat clean in nature and not attck people for the skills they have/dont have and keep things like "these rules are designed to help him become a 'pwnerer'. If he can't beat them, he'll ban them from the server. What a baby!" to yourself...seriously guys its un-called for. THANK YOU

Comment

lmfao this guy has played with me, considering I have spent probably 1500+ hours in private admin and other servers this guy is talking out his backside..

nice try tho

Comment

Stop with the attacks, talk about the ROE, or go somewhere else and talk about it, these rules are the ones EA agreed to, take it up with them, give feedback in a positive adult manner and things get changed, attack and insult and you may find yourself in a "time out" for awhile

Comment

People always have to tell others what to do and how to play. Maybe we should just go back to Pong.

When ROE came out, I was happy to see that someone was trying to bring order to the game. Some standard guidelines need to be placed. But some of this stuff is just getting out of hand.

I mean, I hate jihad jeepers (never even tried it once), because I am an tank driver, but to just outright get rid of that trick it is a joke. That is a legitimate tactic, albeit cowardly. Besides they get out of the vehicle and it stops before it blows up, so it is no longer 'high-speed'.

Gimping the transport? WTF!? Well with that logic, if you were locked in the base (uncapable) because you lost of the flags, and was able to get a BH out the back and around to one single flag. The minute you captured it, when you move on from that first flag cap, you are now in violation. You could have some pissy kid report a whole squad?! WTF are you thinking?!

Base camping?! What if people just sat further back from the MEC base on Oman? What is the demarcation point for base-raping?!

Your new policies are too nebulas to be taken seriously. I think you guys need to go join the guys on up the Hill making laws to take away American freedoms.

For the love of God! Help the game grow, don't strip it down more! Well...I guess that is a subjective statement too.

Comment

Originally posted by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
                Stop with the attacks, talk about the ROE, or go somewhere else and talk about it, these rules are the ones EA agreed to, take it up with them, give feedback in a positive adult manner and things get changed, attack and insult and you may find yourself in a "time out" for awhile
                there is constructive criticism, and then there is positive criticism. i think most of the posts on this thread were intended as constructive. i get where ur coming from tho, but positive feedback is a little hard to give there is little or no good coming from a "rule" change like this one.

Comment

3.2 Game Exploits

3.2.1 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

This would include but not limited to:

(a) Using tag teams to take turns to kill and revive each other in turn (using knives, pistols, etc.)

(b) Playing on Knife and/or Pistol only Servers

(c) Playing on Knife only Servers

(d) Playing on “High Points” Servers

(e) Playing on “No Artillery” or “No Armour” Servers (except when using Infantry only server-side option)

(f) Using Vehicles removed from battlefield for purposes of artificially inflating points

(g) Turning boats upside down and constantly repairing them

(h) Glitching inside buildings (using building model glitches to attack out without risk of being hit).
                  How to reconcile item (d) with the fact that EA allows servers to be setup with a 64 man map that has a max 16 players. Even if 'High Points' isn't in the name, what else do you call that map/player configuration. Or a 16 player max on a 32 player map. If they're serious about this, then they could simply code in the minimum number of players needed for 32 and 64 man maps, rather than say the lowest max players is 16.

The rest of this stuff is pretty normal, although I have to admit I enjoy knife and/or pistol battles - usually in the pre-match TK environment.

Oh yeah, what they hell are they talking about in item (f)???

Comment

Originally posted by sassback
                    there is constructive criticism, and then there is positive criticism. i think most of the posts on this thread were intended as constructive. i get where ur coming from tho, but positive feedback is a little hard to give there is little or no good coming from a "rule" change like this one.
                    I think the constructive criticism you suggest is "don't change basic game play!"

Comment

What we need is good admins to get rid of intentional TKers (force TKing included) only. The exploiting and glitch usage are supposed to be prevented by some sophisticated patches. These non-sense rules to fix the style we're playing in do NOT help raise the gaming quality at all, but only make the game even plainer.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
                        lmfao this guy has played with me, considering I have spent probably 1500+ hours in private admin and other servers this guy is talking out his backside..

nice try tho
                        IndianScout,
                        I have connections with EA and they dont take you serious, they actualy laugh at you. I now a official bf2 admin and believe me they dont take you serious at all with your BF2ROE MP police blah blah blah or w8. Please get a live 1500+ hours server admin, WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=35831&p=2

I now xantphi and i was there playing against you, i saw a nice internet site from that play> watch meet the crew> bf2 police teamspeak http://www.statspadder.com/meetthecrew4.html

Greetz ferdy

Comment

Teamkilling for vehicles and Teamkilling

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,

Standing on the runway because you didnt get the aircraft

deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.

Being courteous to other teammates is a given but sometimes you see people doing things to be a jerk, had someone put a mine down on a choke point because I got the tank before him. I don’t have a problem with a server admin giving a kick for disruptive behavior like this.

Uncap attacks and cartillery

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)

(e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).

(f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)

d) Being that most of the maps are lopsided with regards to both sides not having a non-cap or designed in such a way to not make it generally inconvenient to attack a non-cap, let the chips fall where they may, either that or program in protective no-fire zones into the game where neither side can shoot each other at their perspective base (yes that’s a lame idea and it’s intended to show how stupid this rule really is)

e) If you can get away with it, go for it.

f) Most ridiculous rule listed, it’s a tactic what’s next no killing tanks with C4 at all? Going to make C4 not stick to the side of a tank?

(g) Ignoring requests from Server Administrators or abusing Server Administrators.

I try to avoid servers with silly rules like don't attack non-cap, It's their server though and if that's the way they want to play the game with artificial rules they can kick whomever they want to.

these rules changes may affect your style of play, and will give players the ability to report those players who want to disrupt normal game activities..

your thoughts??

Indian

Comment

you guys are ****ing nuts, none of that madness will be approved. Please this game is already as ****ty as it can be thanks to the stupid patches much less you guys trying to tell everyone how they need to play the game.

If there is a ROE I would prefer EA takes care of it instead of idealistic people who just play the game.

Comment

I am sorry Indian but, besides the Teamkilling part, I totally disagree with these points. If these things are added to the official rule list this game is going to turn into a joke. C4 ramming, what’s wrong with that? How does that constitute to stat padding in any way? Likewise with the uncap attack rule. The ROE is evolving from an anti-stat padding device to a method of controlling players gameplay that has nothing to do with points. Anyone with a right mind is going to leave vanilla BF2 when mods or a new game is released because of rules like this. They merely protect noobs and give them a protective sphere against skillful players. Unfortunately, you and other members of the 'higher society' in BF2 are going to disregard this and any other post written with some knowledge of Battlefield 2.

Comment

Originally posted by [HT]137[CSi]
                                you guys are ****ing nuts, none of that madness will be approved. Please this game is already as ****ty as it can be thanks to the stupid patches much less you guys trying to tell everyone how they need to play the game.

If there is a ROE I would prefer EA takes care of it instead of idealistic people who just play the game.
                                word

Comment

Working...
                                X