Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rules Discussion

Teamkilling for vehicles and Teamkilling

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,

Standing on the runway because you didnt get the aircraft

deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.

Uncap attacks and cartillery

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)

(e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).

(f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)

(g) Ignoring requests from Server Administrators or abusing Server Administrators.

these rules changes may affect your style of play, and will give players the ability to report those players who want to disrupt normal game activities..

your thoughts??

Indian

Re: New Rules Discussion

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)

(e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).

(f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)

What's wrong with these? They're all legit tactics.

Comment

Ok, first...Im worried about excessive teamkilling. How will you judge someone is excessively teamkilling on purpose? Many of us get a ridiculous amount of TK's for being pilots.

Also, I dont know if these are official rules or something...But, no attacking uncaps? What is the point? I understand its annoying, but I thought the battlefield should be free.

Squad hopping? Huh? What if the other team is just plain bad? So, just because the other team doesnt wanna cap flags, I cant cap them and have to go and fight them?

IMO, general rules are the ones that should be implemented. Some of these rules sound like they are based on people's opinions, and you have to remember not everybody thinks the same

Comment

I agree with everything except for choice echo (e). The main purpose for transport helos in the game is expediant infiltration and exfiltration. If you don't have to engage the enemy then why should you?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
          Teamkilling for vehicles and Teamkilling

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,

Standing on the runway because you didnt get the aircraft

deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.

Uncap attacks and cartillery

(g) Ignoring requests from Server Administrators or abusing Server Administrators.

these rules changes may affect your style of play, and will give players the ability to report those players who want to disrupt normal game activities..

your thoughts??

Indian
          Most of them are hard to prove. And they arent that serious.

Comment

Some of these are stupid, I agree with the Plane blocking one.

Thats stupid, what if your team is doing nothing but sit on the airfield or at the choppers, and you are going to cap flags.

Well where I play its a ok tactic to do this if you have all the flags.

Now theres so many plane blockers I get one regulary, your saying if I reported them they would get there stats wiped? if I had the correct evidence of course.

Comment

Hmmm if all of these rules were to be STRICTLY enforced I would be paying more attention to whether im violating the rules than to the actual game

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
                whats the deal with that? I thought taking flags was the point of the game. If you can take control of a city without any casualties - isn't that a good thing? It will lead us closer to a cease-fire between foes and allow the soldiers to go home faster without getting killed.

Comment

Oh yeah INDIANSCOUT, let me just say that if they increased the damage or made the MINIGUNS better on the BlackHawk, then maybe you wouldn't only get one person capping every flag, no one really wants to use the BlackHawk anymore, its useless, bassically an disposable object to get you from A to B. With eliminating the BlackHawks Minigun power, thats killed alot of teamwork in BF2, especially on maps such as Mashtuur.

Comment

The rules listed above are server specific rules that a server admin might enforce. It doestn't say that EA will act upon violators. It just says that its ok for a server to have these rules if they want to. Not every server is obliged. I don't see these changing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r

What's wrong with these? They're all legit tactics.
                      Agreed.

Just keep serial TK'rs and airstrip *** grabbers from disrupting the game and let the rest ride.

I don't agree with this no Base raping code of ethics people are trying to shove down others throats.

Comment

Just so you guys know there is more to the ROE in this part here it is

2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behaviour or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.

Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

(a) Players may not use explicit, offensive or racist language in-game.

(b) Players may not impersonate clan members or other server administrators.

Comment

I just took some interesting parts from the new ROE to get your feedback and opinions on it..

Comment

If I can't do 'g' then there is no reason to play at all.

Comment

Yeah but I assumed that most people didnt read through the whole thing so I figured I just put that part before people start getting ticked off and such...

Comment

Working...
                              X