New Rules Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rules Discussion

It smells like a lot of illiterate posts.

Thanks for info Indian and they seem like some justified rules setup. I know these rules are well needed as there are some smart players out there who will exploit these easy kills; let's just try to have some commen sense in gameplay wise and not get too out of control with the circus manuevers in-game.

Try to keep the game simple and I am sure the better players will adjust to it. Personally the game has not really changed for me; pull the trigger you're dead but now maybe it might take a few additional more bullets or I may have to be a little more careful around teammates. Not at all inconvenient to me.

Originally posted by ferdy
    word
    Yah... word....?

Comment

Originally posted by DANK
      It smells like a lot of illiterate posts.

Thanks for info Indian and they seem like some justified rules setup. I know these rules are well needed as there are some smart players out there who will exploit these easy kills; let's just try to have some commen sense in gameplay wise and not get too out of control with the circus manuevers in-game.

Try to keep the game simple and I am sure the better players will adjust to it. Personally the game has not really changed for me; pull the trigger you're dead but now maybe it might take a few additional more bullets or I may have to be a little more careful around teammates. Not at all inconvenient to me.
      I disagree. It is nice to have a fun game without having to deal with childish behavior. But with the regard to 'childish', what happens to when any of the many children that play this game start using rules against players?! This is something that seems to be showing up with several players where screen shots are being submitted that are dubious enough to get someone’s year of work cleared. I don't know about you, but I like where I am rank wise. And because I have a life outside of the arena, I don't want to have a situation where these rules are used against me.

There are enough kids that will cry-wolf at the first chance when they don’t get their way. People are acting like it is the Admin that has to enforce these rules, but because the way ROE is setup, everyday players can NARC on other players. Admins change the posted rules in that little 3”x2” box on the loading screen all the time. How are we to ALWAYS know what they are enforcing here? People don’t always get warnings.

I feel these rules are too subjective.

Originally posted by DANK

Yah... word....?

I hope that is not a picture of you.

Comment

Hi everyone, just registered to comment on this.

IndianScout:
        There are a few problems so far as to these RoE changes.

1) RoE is already too complex. Unless RoE needs to specifically forbid something (that would give an unfair advantage to one player over another) then don't carve it into stone on the main document. The longer, more complex you make RoE, the less it'll be read and that is highly counter-productive.

2)
        (g) Ignoring requests from Server Administrators or abusing Server Administrators.
        This is the ONLY rule that really should be enforced. All the other potential 'optional' RoE changes are rubbish as there is already the "In House" rules provision. See Number 1.

3)
        these rules changes may affect your style of play, and will give players the ability to report those players who want to disrupt normal game activities.
        That's all nice and good, but including these will confuse the younger members of the community into thinking they should report such activity to Even Balance/RoE/EA, when it should be reported to the Server Admins. Anything that would/could/might put more unnecessary load on the Research Team should be avoided.

4) Really, RoE should ideally be a common-sense guide. Since not everyone has common sense, RoE needs to exist. But not everyone is intellegent, so the text of RoE needs to be 'dumbed down' slightly. (IE: Avoid lawyer-speak as much as possible, since I really doubt you are a lawyer.)

5) Also include a 'Simple Guide to RoE', kinda like a RoE Ten Commandments.
        *No statspadding
        *No knife/pistol servers
        *No hacking
        *No glitching buildings
        *No glitching weapons
        *Respect all Server Admins. They pay, you play.
        *No breaking Copyright Laws (Warez, CD Keys, etc)
        *No rasict content
        *No abusive gameplay/chat
        *No abusing any privlidge given to you, as it can and will be taken away.
        Granted, this isn't a complete list, but its meant to be a quick refrence without having to dig through the (currently unwieldy) RoE Master Guide.
        If RoE can have the fat trimmed off of it to make it less unweildy, then perhaps the RoE Commandments would serve no purpose.

5) Not really related to your post, but just an annoying oversight in RoE:
        "No High Points Servers" This is the only thing I've seen which is under-defined. Does this mean that having a good/lucky game on a stock Ranked Server is suddenly grounds to be reset? (I've heard the stories.)
        Also, since Min Players and Map Size are allowed to be set independantly, why is this rule even here? (Since it's common knowledge that all High Points servers run 16/64, and a lot of non-HP servers run the same Map/Player ratio -- even unintentionally by having a near empty 64 player server -- that is allowed under RoE?)

I'm curious to hear your thoughts and replys. Hold nothing back.

Comment

Nothing illiterate about what I posted... Like I said, this is not a dictatorship and EA wont sponsor such rules.

Indian Scout tried to tell me over at bf2player.com that I couldnt have FF off in my server to prevent team killing. When I showed him in the ROE he supposedly contributed to writing himself that it was ok with EA.

Also the fact that Indian Scout hadnt even been apart of the council concerning the ROE for quite some time and here I see the dead horse getting its poo kicked in with all of this "speculation" on how this game should be played.

Comment

I feel they need to just let servers govern themselves instead of having to make a rule about it. I saw someone that got his stats reset, and though he was an a55 on the server and I (along with others was happy he got nailed) was not violating any rules on the server because there were no rules listed on the server! There were never admins present to make a ruling to begin with either!

Comment

Wow...what a lot of commotion about nothing. Did anyone bother to look at what the Version 1 rules said and compare it to the Version 2?

Guess what's already in version 1:

These are rules that are not enforced upon in EA’s public ranked servers but may be modified in privately rented ranked servers. These rules are decided by clan administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.

This would include but not limited to:
              • § Artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases may be prohibited.
              • § Prolonged or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
              • § Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
              • § Impersonating clan members.
              • § Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.
              • § Clans may change or customise rules, provided they don’t violate the above ROE rules.
              Look familiar? The bottom line is that the ROE has always given Server Admins fairly wide leeway. The sky isn't falling.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
                I just took some interesting parts from the new ROE to get your feedback and opinions on it..

If you think i'm not gonna c4 ram again, your wrong!

lmfao this guy has played with me, considering I have spent probably 1500+ hours in private admin and other servers this guy is talking out his backside..

nice try tho
                I love the way you whine at other people to be mature an then you post this...

you should go hang up a donkeys ***!

Comment

Well most of this stuff I don't do anyways, but over half of it is VERY STUPID! I mean no using helis to cap flags? At least 3/4 of the people I've seen playing have used helis to cap flags. And now every time n00bs accidently get TKed they're gonna whine until somebody thinks they were inetentionally TKed. They couldn't have left the ROE alone. Ya' know, the day EA gets everything in a patch or anything else right is the day I pull a rabbit out of my butt.

Comment

My observations so far regarding the ROE and the responses in this thread are that either the ROE is confusing or the majority of players have failed basic comprehension, or both. Either or its a problem.

My concerns as an admin are we are being ignored still. The over whelming majority of admins have put forward their concerns regarding tkpunish being on as mandatory. I have pm'ed Colin Clarke back and forth regarding this and now the ROE has be re-written and tkpunish being mandatory still remains. If no effort is going to be made by DICE/EA to re-code and fix the flaws in the tk system then why can't we do away with the tkpunish system? How is it fair that a player gets to decide to punish another player in this 1 scenario? Player A is flying a full blackhawk, he gets rammed by an enemy plane, Player A tk's 5 players inside the BH. Those 5 players punish him for something that is not their fault and Player A ends up "instantly" banned from the server. How is that fair to this innocent player?

Until the tk system is fully re-coded so that an incident like this means that this player is not responsible for tk'ing the rest of the players in the BH, the tkpunish system should be optional for private ranked servers. There are many more similar scenarios where a player did not intentionally tk someone yet they get blamed and punished for it anyway.

BF2CC now has a system where a server can set a max negative score to kick. The range of this goes as low as -30. Therefore if a server has this setting enabled a player cannot exceed a score of -30 without being kicked or banned. Most of course may not use a setting of -30 and therefore the serial tk'er would be kicked without them being able to get in the -100's

Why is it they allow FF to be off but tkpunish still has to be on? Does anyone else see how rediculous this is? Why can't the tkpunish rule be written exactly the same as the FF rule? Though it is not required, we also request that all servers run TK Punish to be active (i.e. not “off”), but can be set to automatically punish or to allow players to punish/forgive by voting.

I also agree that no ftp access to a ranked server is not good. It makes it difficult to setup streaming to the MBL, some servers don't have access to the PB SS folder. This is literally tying the admins hands behind their backs so they can't do their job properly to stop people from using hacks on their server. So are we suppose to just turn a blind eye to people who cheat and use hacks because you are removing our tools for detecting these types of players?

I'm still digesting the rest and will comment further.

Comment

they still need to define the difference between legal and illegal “High Points" servers.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

This is the biggest fricken bullcrap I have ever seen. Seriously, don't go through with this. It won't be fun. You will reset so many people it won't even be funny. Do not go through with this its bull. Baseraping should be up to admins, not ROE. It is not padding. Dont do it.

Comment

Teamkilling for vehicles and Teamkilling
                          (c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,
                          Standing on the runway because you didnt get the aircraft
                          deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.
                          These things are all much better handled through smart game code. Removing roadkills for aircraft all together. To make them rules is ridiculous because they are impossible to enforce.

Uncap attacks and cartillery
                          (e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).

(f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)

(g) Ignoring requests from Server Administrators or abusing Server Administrators.
                          WTF is all this childish crap? I'd expect to see lame rules like this on "JoEbObS KnIfE aNd PiStOl SeRvA" but not right out of the BFROE. Using C4 explosives on fast moving vehicles is part of the game. Using transports helicopters to quickly capture all flags is a part of of the game. Ignoring "requests" of server admins is also unacceptable. So a server admin can request me to get out of a plane and I'm forced to comply? Lame lame lame. I am honestly stunned I can't believe this post is for real!

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)
                          This is the most ridiculous of all of the rules. For example.. I'm flying along in a MiG and the Essex gun starts firing at me.. I fire back.. and I've broken a ROE! I'm destroying the enemy artillery and I'm attacked by an enemy at the main base... and I've broken the ROE again.

These rules are CHILDISH and lame. It's all fair game, it's all acceptable within the game mechanics and doesn't expliot any code flaws. Why are we even having this conversation? It's just about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and I'm being seriously mean that.

I'll say it again.. this post and these rules are nothing short of unbelievable. I'd have them pegged as a APRIL FOOLS joke.. it I didn't know any better.

Comment

Pulled this from another thread.

Originally posted by Cigar_Man
                            On smaller player servers like you were on (20 player) there is plenty of armor to go around so why not let the commander use it.

On larger player servers, where armor is not available to all players, then the commander should not use armor.

I was kicked from a 16 player server of Dragon Valley set to 64 player map level. We had the MEC back to one base and I got into an APC (we had armor just sitting in every base) I was kicked by the server admin who was on the other team losing. That is just a kiddy admin upset cause they are losing.

Just go find another server and dont go back to that "kiddy" server again. I am worried the new rules will just encourage kids to get people reset for fun.

BTW, it was a clan server that I was kicked from. Again, just kiddies upset about getting their butt kicked on their own server.

You would need a fraps of the game to show any server admin abuse such as what I had. Otherwise, you cannot do much about their abusive admin behavior.
                            When are these kiddie admins going to start reporting minor ROE violations and get peoples stats reset because they think it is fun to do? Kids are evil before they get maturity.

Comment

Good Lord, I wish we could hold dice/ea to the same standards that these rules are holding us to. Simple fact is that you cannot police everyone and making these rules will only thwart people moreso from playing. I've paid my 110 dollars to play the game, the bfroe is turning into babysitters. People also need to realize that you can't make a rule "book" for every possible thing in the game.

Comment

the more i think about this the more this worries me. i dont think i know that if the ROE goes through with this, vanilla will lose a large % of its most avid players. (myself included). listen to everyone on this thread Indian, its for the best. people think power is being abused by Admins and the ROE police now, i cant begin to imagine what the b*tching will be like after these rules get updated. remember the consumer is always right.

Comment

Working...
                                X