Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

Originally posted by X-ander
    Excuse me but no.

THE BH IS NOT A TRANSPORT HELO.

ITS A TRANSPORT/COMBAT SUPPORT HELLO.

THEIR MINIGUNS ARE SUPOSSED TO BE DEVASTATING.

PERIOD.
    Exactly wat i have bin sayin.

Comment

Excuse me but no.

THE BH IS NOT A TRANSPORT HELO.

THEIR MINIGUNS ARE SUPOSSED TO BE DEVASTATING.

PERIOD.
      You just countered yourself. You said the black hawk isn't a TRANSPORT, but a TRANSPORT / combat. It's still a transport helicopter.

Anyway...I just think the guns on the BH need to be made just a little more powerful. Armour is fine, everything else is fine. Just beef up the BH guns a little to make it even.

Comment

its no more combat support than a humvee is.

Comment

AGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!

Why does everyone just go on about the Black Hawk????? Are you all stupid???

What about the other choppers????

That is why I started this thread!!!!

Can we please talk about all transpot choppers???

Sadly, I think you will all carry on bitching abouth the BH.

What about the other
          transport choppers???

I can't wait for you to play BF 2142...............

Comment

Heres what you do; you go over a flag, get people to drop out and take the enemy out, fly the plane down to the flag they are capping and pick them up, go to the next flag.

You do not; go over a flag, rape everything in sight with miniguns, go to next flag and rape everything in sight, go back to previous flag and rape everything again.

Whether the transport copter is just meant to transport while giving cover fire people are not going to do that with it, they are going to whore the thing out and not bother capping any flags. Which is probably the reason you want it buffed, because as it is its really insignifigant in its use anyways when you have ways to get around needing the cover fire it provides. So if you intend on doing number 1 realise theres reprocussions to buffing the minigun, if your doing number 2 realize its scum like you that ruin this game learn some teamwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Snuffy The Evil
              Anyway...I just think the guns on the BH need to be made just a little more powerful.
              sounds good, as long as there isnt splash damage

Originally posted by Turnip
              Heres what you do; you go over a flag, get people to drop out and take the enemy out, fly the heli down to the flag they are capping and pick them up, go to the next flag.
              this works fine if the enemy has no aa but its usually better to deploy them close to the cp, so you dont expose yourself. another tactics is using the heli to halo drop.
              You do not; go over a flag, rape everything in sight with miniguns, go to next flag and rape everything in sight, go back to previous flag and rape everything again.
              brings back nightmares of noobs slaughtering with the bh back in the day.

Comment

You just countered yourself. You said the black hawk isn't a TRANSPORT, but a TRANSPORT / combat. It's still a transport helicopter.
                What he meant is that is not a transport only, but a transport aswell as some kind of an attack chopper

Anyway...I just think the guns on the BH need to be made just a little more powerful. Armour is fine, everything else is fine. Just beef up the BH guns a little to make it even.
                If a little is to make them the way thay were in the old days, I agree.

Originally posted by roger smith
                its no more combat support than a humvee is.
                :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Btw, don't forget the Blackhawk has 2 of those.

sounds good, as long as there isnt splash damage.
                If it's impossible to hit anything, more damage is useless.

this works fine if the enemy has no aa but its usually better to deploy them close to the cp, so you dont expose yourself. another tactics is using the heli to halo drop.
                The blackhawk is neither a parachuting platform nor some kind of suicide bomb, but that's the only to things you can do with it atm.

brings back nightmares of noobs slaughtering with the bh back in the day.
                N00bs could NEVER, I repeat NEVER slaugther in it if the enemy team didn't consist of n00bs only. And now we have: Engineer repairing constrained plus less armor... the guns need to come back.

Originally posted by Dandred
                AGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!

Why does everyone just go on about the Black Hawk????? Are you all stupid???

What about the other choppers????

That is why I started this thread!!!!

Can we please talk about all transpot choppers???

Sadly, I think you will all carry on bitching abouth the BH.

What about the other
                transport choppers???

I can't wait for you to play BF 2142...............
                We talk about the BH because it's the most obvious nerf mistake ever made... the others have always been so-so, but the Blackhawk was THE style before some n00bs complained how much tehy get killed while running carelessly over open field.

Btw I also talked about giving the other helos more armor to compensate for the better guns of the BH, but noone seems to read anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Vintageologist
                  after seeing that, the blackhawk shouldnt even have those guns, it should have 50 cals. if it is to have vulcans or rocket pods, mec and pla need a hind or something. lets put it this way, if the blackhawk can slaughter, everything else in the game should be able to aswell.
                  If it's impossible to hit anything, more damage is useless.
                  i can hit/kill people fine with it man.
                  The blackhawk is neither a parachuting platform..., but that's the only to things you can do with it atm.
                  people also dont spawn irl aswell do they, so its platfrom changes, oh, and it works fine for heli assault aswell.
                  N00bs could NEVER, I repeat NEVER slaugther in it if the enemy team didn't consist of n00bs only. And now we have: Engineer repairing constrained plus less armor... the guns need to come back.
                  so noobs could never slaughter? even when the engineer repairing wasnt constrained? because if you think that you are full of it. also, even without the repair constriction, you didnt need to aim withthe old blackhawk guns, at all, all you had to do was wildly swing your gun all over the screen.

Comment

Ya hes right, you should have to point the thing directly over someone to kill them. As it was the copter could be doing a 360 barrel roll and you could just hold the trigger and kill people. I hate apcs for the same reason, hitting behind cover and just spraying into cracks and crevice takes any sort of skill out of using the vehicle. Its about the only reason I dont use the apc, I feel like such a slut since I know the easiest way to rack up kills with the thing.

Comment

after seeing that, the blackhawk shouldnt even have those guns, it should have 50 cals. if it is to have vulcans or rocket pods, mec and pla need a hind or something. lets put it this way, if the blackhawk can slaughter, everything else in the game should be able to aswell.
                      Planes could and still can slaughter, tanks can slaughter, APCs could slaughter before they were nerfed to an extent where it's just ridiculous (25mm cannons not going through chain link fence). See, all the vehicles can slaughter, that's what they are there for.

i can hit/kill people fine with it man.
                      If by fine you mean you land a single hit after bursting for 10 seconds or so, then yes, you can hit fine... but I could have switched to another seat and fired my pistol instead with similar performance.
                      Don't come with that crap all the time, it's a lie and you know it. It's not like I didn't try to use it. And I've had enough time to do so. If you still insist, I may make a video that shows the obviousities.

people also dont spawn irl aswell do they, so its platfrom changes, oh, and it works fine for heli assault aswell.
                      That's what always makes you guys' points doubtable... your silly comparisons.
                      Of course you don't spawn irl, but irl another soldier of ten or hundred thousands would replace you, thus having the same effect. Still, the games mechanics are based on the principles of the real world... tanks fire tank shells, planes drop guided and unguided bombs, Blackhawks slay with their miniguns.

so noobs could never slaughter? even when the engineer repairing wasnt constrained? because if you think that you are full of it.
                      Me? No. As soon as I heard a Blackhawk I'd run for cover and if I died (mostly because of other soldiers rather than the BH, I'd spawn as AT, and if my team wasn't full of n00bs, some others would do the same and get the BH down pretty fast.

also, even without the repair constriction, you didnt need to aim withthe old blackhawk guns, at all, all you had to do was wildly swing your gun all over the screen.
                      ... and hope that there were n00bs running towards your helicopter without any kind of tactic because that worked in CS too.

Ya hes right, you should have to point the thing directly over someone to kill them. As it was the copter could be doing a 360 barrel roll and you could just hold the trigger and kill people.
                      I have no problem with that if you REALLY hit what you are aiming at, which atm is NOT the case no matter how carefull yyou aim and how short your bursts are.

I hate apcs for the same reason, hitting behind cover and just spraying into cracks and crevice takes any sort of skill out of using the vehicle. Its about the only reason I dont use the apc, I feel like such a slut since I know the easiest way to rack up kills with the thing.
                      That's pure BS. It's the same as saying "Oh well the tank is n00bish because it's shells explode and kill without hitting directly". THOSE ARE EXPLOSIVE SHELLS!!!! The only *real* difference is (simplified) that the LAV25 has a 25mm chaingun and the M1A2 a 120mm smoothbore canon. Sorry for you, but that's how those vehicles work, and thanks to guys like you, DICE has taken much of the dynamics of the game (already mentioned: APCs guns not going through fences + they made the gun alot weaker) out of the game... it's so sad. You guys always whine until they take out the real, appropriate elements out of the game but leave in the n00bish kid crap like dolphin diving and claymore spamming... you should have better stopped playing the game if it frustrates you...

Comment

Planes could and still can slaughter, tanks can slaughter, APCs could slaughter before they were nerfed to an extent where it's just ridiculous (25mm cannons not going through chain link fence). See, all the vehicles can slaughter, that's what they are there for.
                        i notice that transport vehicles arent on that list. ps, i agree on the chain linked thing, everything weapon should be able to go through it.
                        If by fine you mean you land a single hit after bursting for 10 seconds or so, then yes, you can hit fine... but I could have switched to another seat and fired my pistol instead with similar performance.
                        I have no problem with that if you REALLY hit what you are aiming at, which atm is NOT the case no matter how carefull yyou aim and how short your bursts are.
                        i wouldnt be opposed to tightening the accuracy, as long as there isnt splash damage.
                        Of course you don't spawn irl, but irl another soldier of ten or hundred thousands would replace you, thus having the same effect.
                        my point was that we dont have transport planes to halo from, so transport helis are the next best thing and work fine for that in bf2.
                        Me? No. As soon as I heard a Blackhawk I'd run for cover and if I died (mostly because of other soldiers rather than the BH, I'd spawn as AT, and if my team wasn't full of n00bs, some others would do the same and get the BH down pretty fast.
                        ********, unless that pilot was dumb, he would break his orbit and leave for 5 seconds only to return and to maintain slaughter of an area.

Comment

i notice that transport vehicles arent on that list.
                          Right, although they can also slaughter infantry in some cases, they are, like in real life less armored and less deadly than a Blackhawk, so they can usually be taken out easily, although if used correctly, the FAV and DPV can cause quite a havoc.
                          ps, i agree on the chain linked thing, everything weapon should be able to go through it.

i wouldnt be opposed to tightening the accuracy, as long as there isnt splash damage.
                          As far as I can tell, what you mean is that you hit what you aim at, but you don't hit what you don't aim at, so that would be totally fine for me, the r/l gatlings don't spray that much either (yes I am for a bit of realism)

my point was that we dont have transport planes to halo from, so transport helis are the next best thing and work fine for that in bf2.
                          You can do it, and I won't see it as an exploit and it's a legit tactic of BF2 to me, but it can't be used as an excuse to defeat the real main purpose of the Blackhawk, which is, as a matter of fact, bringing in troops and giving fire support.

********, unless that pilot was dumb, he would break his orbit and leave for 5 seconds only to return and to maintain slaughter of an area.
                          No really, I'm not bull****ting anyone, but show me the pilot who is able to get away when two at missiles are hitting his chopper 1 second away from each other? And it was possible and it happened.

Comment

Right, although they can also slaughter infantry in some cases, they are, like in real life less armored and less deadly than a Blackhawk, so they can usually be taken out easily, although if used correctly, the FAV and DPV can cause quite a havoc..
                            exactly, they can slaughter, but they can be slaughtered aswell.
                            As far as I can tell, what you mean is that you hit what you aim at, but you don't hit what you don't aim at, so that would be totally fine for me, the r/l gatlings don't spray that much either (yes I am for a bit of realism).
                            see, dont disagree at all on this matter, just a misunderstanding.
                            You can do it, and I won't see it as an exploit and it's a legit tactic of BF2 to me, but it can't be used as an excuse to defeat the real main purpose of the Blackhawk, which is, as a matter of fact, bringing in troops and giving fire support..
                            i do not deny that to be its purpose.
                            No really, I'm not bull****ting anyone, but show me the pilot who is able to get away when two at missiles are hitting his chopper 1 second away from each other? And it was possible and it happened.
                            it took in the very least three symotanious at shots to take out a transport heli back then. it was a bad example, because it pertained to back then. anyhow, i wouldnt be opposed to an armo increase if we got our heli damaging small arms back.

Comment

it took in the very least three symotanious at shots to take out a transport heli back then. it was a bad example, because it pertained to back then. anyhow, i wouldnt be opposed to an armo increase if we got our heli damaging small arms back.
                              I could be wrong but I don't remember it ever taking more than 2 hits from an AT... (if they didn't have time to repair in between)

Comment

lol i like this debate Vintageologist Vs. Roger Smith :P

Comment

Working...
                                X