Wake Island - 5 vs. 32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wake Island - 5 vs. 32

There is the (remote) possibility that USMC troops could swim all the way to the island (harder to be seen, unless commander did a scan) and taking posts or maybe even a J10 and raping the Commander every time he spawned.

Comment

I could do it with 3 people
      I would play commander. I could suicide and respawn anywhere i might be needed.
      I would need 2 of the best jet pilots in the game.
      The pilots would have to obey my every command.

Comment

Originally posted by Linte_Loco
        I could do it with 3 people
        I would play commander. I could suicide and respawn anywhere i might be needed.
        I would need 2 of the best jet pilots in the game.
        The pilots would have to obey my every command.
        It becomes harder to do with jets only because they would be busy raping the carrier. This leaves the small island unattended and it's harder for jets to completely wipe infantry (as choppers do) - remember that 1 player can be the squad leader and they could all spawn and take the flag before the jet comes back.

Just a note; not rarely when I get a chopper and a good pilot I get more kills than the entire USMC team.

And it's not the Island, the missile blows up before it hits the carrier.. you have to advance like 25 feet.
        Just a rough approximation; I mean near the island. You just need to see the distance between you and the flag

Comment

When I say "skilled crew", it doesn't need to be the best
          USMC could still easily win even if it was the worst against the best. All you need to do is get one F35 in the air long enough to get high in the middle of the map. 5 people can spawn on you from there, land on all flags, and create there own squads. Very quick victory.

Comment

Originally posted by i made you
            USMC could still easily win even if it was the worst against the best. All you need to do is get one F35 in the air long enough to get high in the middle of the map. 5 people can spawn on you from there, land on all flags, and create there own squads. Very quick victory.
            I've never seen this happening. And if you have the "worst" USMC I doubt it would actually try this trick.

Also remember that the J-10's will be hunting you

Comment

The secret is not to rape the carrier

Comment

Raping the carrier would be pretty tough because:

1. It's against ROE.
                2. The AA guns would keep them at bay.
                3. They would eventually run out of ammo or get hurt and would have to return to their runway.
                4. People would spawn at Island or spawn under the carrier, as well as on top, eventually someone would get through, make themselves squad leader, find a safe bunker, everyone would spawn on him, flood the island, cap flags, done deal.

I know you said average players on USMC, but one person as squad leader telling people to spawn on him would change the whole thing.

Comment

If you use the original plan but have 8 players and have the last 3 using all of the tanks then I think you would have a good chance of holding the island. Without people in the tanks all it takes is for one enemy to capture a point and then start rolling through all the capture points with the other 31 players that will spawn.

With the tanks helping the Z-10 kill people on the island it would be much harder for them to take a flag and then if they do you might be able to take it back anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUiB_2154
                    With the tanks helping the Z-10 kill people on the island it would be much harder for them to take a flag and then if they do you might be able to take it back anyway.
                    Usually when I am gunning the Z-10 (and the pilot is good) I hog all the island kills and the tanks are rendered useless.

1. It's against ROE.
                    2. The AA guns would keep them at bay.
                    3. They would eventually run out of ammo or get hurt and would have to return to their runway.
                    4. People would spawn at Island or spawn under the carrier, as well as on top, eventually someone would get through, make themselves squad leader, find a safe bunker, everyone would spawn on him, flood the island, cap flags, done deal.
                    1. No, it's not.
                    2. They are really pathetic, skilled pilots can easily cannon them to hell.
                    Just a little teamwork: 1 pilot kills the 1st Phalanx, the other the 2nd Phalanx. Game over.
                    3. Yes, but this isn't time enough for the planes/choppers to spawn AND take off. And skilled J-10 pilots can take'em down even if they're flying.
                    4. The problem is getting through. The boats and the BH are extremely vulnerable both against the J-10 and the Z-10.

The only credible threats would be the F-35 and the AH-1Z, but it's not hard to keep them down.

Comment

a usmc would get through at the beginning of the round anway.

By the time the j-10 takes to the air , it has to shoot down 3 targets, so thats that busy, plus the commander and the z-10 would take a little while getting to there place so a boat could easily slip through the net, or the Bh lands and thats that idea 'oot the windae'. Plus whats to say that the apache doesnt tv guide the z-10 first? or it gets shot down with the aa on the island.

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
                        I've never seen this happening. And if you have the "worst" USMC I doubt it would actually try this trick.

Also remember that the J-10's will be hunting you
                        It doesn't matter if you've never seen it happening. It's a simple tactic and involves 0 skill.

Comment

It all depends on who gets in the J10s and F35s at beginning of round, and how fast the guys who spawn on arty island can take their boats in.

Unless those 32 players are braindead, I dont think so.

Comment

Even in a full 64 wake i can get on the main island with a boat from arty island before threatened by tanks, choppers, or jets. Once on the island it gets tuff, but with only 5 guys, 4 of which in the air i dont think it would be a problem for USMC to win.

I would really like to try this out.

Comment

The best chopper crew I've seen to date is {9thInf}Crawdaddy + {9thInf}GorillaWar. Macro users excluded, obviously.

@i made you: Chances are you will be downed before you have a chance to do it.

Yes, it will pretty much depend on how fast the USMC can get a flag. If they can't do it right after the game begins, it will be way harder later.

Comment

If the commander spots all the swimmers, boats, and helis that make it off the carrier... helicopter could take em

Now with 2 good baserapers in the J-10 its no problem to hold a whole team down...

But its rare to find so many good players, and when you do the noobs will be there to take the vehicles:|:

Comment

Working...
                                X