Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wake Island - 5 vs. 32

Originally posted by sidtherat
    what amazes me the most, asides form braging about l33tnes and ub3r skill, is that people still play wake, and still think that this is THE map..

oh my.. this map is horrid. and attracts horrid people 'i can kill infantry all day long without opposition'.. braindead monkey can do it also, there is no skill in raping boat island, there is no skill in raping carier. but still those who do it are 'teh skilled'. wake.. yes, only on wake. play as usmc on wake and show your skill..
    Many do predominantly play USMC when they play Wake Island, well, the good players anyway

Comment

I love Wake, is my most played map.
      If I’m USMC, I spawn as AT and go for the flags.
      If I’m on Chinese side, I’m a long range sniper, overlooking the island.
      Some love Karkand the most, but not me.

Comment

Originally posted by sidtherat
        what amazes me the most, asides form braging about l33tnes and ub3r skill, is that people still play wake, and still think that this is THE map..

oh my.. this map is horrid. and attracts horrid people 'i can kill infantry all day long without opposition'.. braindead monkey can do it also, there is no skill in raping boat island, there is no skill in raping carier. but still those who do it are 'teh skilled'. wake.. yes, only on wake. play as usmc on wake and show your skill..
        I believe that is the whole point of this thread - to show just how one-sided Wake can be.

I'm not convinced that five guys on China could win against a full 32-man US team, but I think that eight or ten might be enough if those eight or ten were really good. Setup would be as the OP stated, but also having a few more guys in the team to man the tanks and maybe a couple of fast jeeps too.

I agree with the thinking that a couple of the US team would probably get through - either in the rush at the start, when the US gets half a chance to get going before the Chinese jets and chopper arrive; perhaps later on from a guy managing to swim to shore unnoticed. Having a few tanks and jeeps on the island would stomp on them though. Bear in mind that the US can take a flag and still lose, if the ticket bleed has gone on long enough before that happens.

I personally hate Wake if the US can't get to shore - whichever team I'm on (it's either frustrating to be American, or very boring to be Chinese and have nothing to do). But I can see why people love it - if the US do get to shore and manage to take and hold a flag or two then it's a great map.

Comment

Me, and gunner in the Z-10 and a j10 pilot managed to keep the US 20+ man team on the carrier for a whole round. The US team and the rest of my team got 0 kills that round. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Heatseeker_no.1
            Me, and gunner in the Z-10 and a j10 pilot managed to keep the US 20+ man team on the carrier for a whole round. The US team and the rest of my team got 0 kills that round. :laugh:

Spawn rapers suck.

Comment

Nice thread.

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
              If you put two excellent F35 pilots in the J10s, there would be no way for USMC to win.

Note that I say F35, not J10 pilots.

Haa! Good point!

If the USMC had average or below average pilots it could work. I think a better way to put it is if the USMC had 32 average or below average players versus PLA had 5 all above average and the 2 teams played 10 rounds, PLA would win one or two rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                Spawn rapers suck.
                No, the balance on Wake sucks (due to the j10s). What else should PLA do at the start of the game? Surely they should try to win. It should be up to the devs to stop spawn raping, by nerfing the j10.

I hardly ever play PLA on wake anyway, I go US whenever I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
                  Would it be possible for 5 China players to defeat 32 USMC players?
                  Anything is possible with the right set of circumstances but I would say this outcome is highly improbable. For the PLA to have a chance they must stop the USMC's initial push. Once the CO's arty charges, they can take over some of the task of suppressing the carrier deck and/or spawn island. It would also take a Commander that actually knows how to scan and spot. Red dots spotted on the Scan before they disappear on the screen don't show up on your team's minimap. It would help if all PLA forces are on TeamSpeak or Vent so they can coordinate with each other versus through the CO using VOIP. Once the USMC got on the island it would go downhill quickly for the PLA though as their attention would be diverted from the carrier making it all the more likely other USMC boats/choppers/jets would make it in the air / to other parts of the island.

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
                    Would it be possible for 5 China players to defeat 32 USMC players?
                    My theory:

2 skilled J-10 pilots: Rape the carrier, don't let anything take off - especially the F35-B.
                    2 skilled pilot+gunner crew for the Z-10: Rape the small island, kill boats.
                    1 skilled commander: Spots enemies trying to sneak into the island, hop in the tank and defend the Airfield.

Is enough to win the map, if the USMC side has average players.

In this scenario, the commander would have also to use the artillery wisely and constantly scan and spot enemies leaving their bases; and put a UAV near the island area; and a supply box near the South or North sides of the island (to repair and rearm the chopper).

For the USMC, there wouldn't be much to do, if the F35 and the AH-1Z are down, the J-10's can keep them down forever. The boats and Blackhawks are easy targets for both the J-10's and the chopper.

Finally, remember that tickets lost in vehicles are total loss, there is no revive. I think following this it'd be possible to hold back the USMC until they lose a reasonable amount of tickets, or maybe even hold them back forever and China wins with no (or very small) ticket loss. Indeed, I've actually seen rounds starting 300-330 and ending 290-0...

Just a theory though
                    That always happen, but not 5 vs 32, The server is usually full with the teams balaced, but only 5 on the chinese team gets points, the ones just as you mentioned, the heli and plane whores + commander. The other 27 just wait on both points of the island with frustration waiting for the USMC to approach so we can actually shoot something, instead of each other -.-

Comment

Lets try it..ill take the F35

Comment

[QUOTE=SierraHotel]Raping the carrier would be pretty tough because:

1. It's against ROE.

No it is not.

3 LOCAL (PRIVATELY RENTED) RANKED SERVER RULES MODIFICATIONS

These are rules that are not enforced upon in EA’s public ranked servers but may be modified in privately rented ranked servers. These rules are decided by clan administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.

This would include but not limited to:
                        § Artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases may be prohibited.
                        § Prolonged or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
                        § Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
                        § Impersonating clan members.
                        § Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.
                        § Clans may change or customise rules, provided they don’t violate the above ROE rules.
                        See you on the battlefield

It can be a server rule on a privately rented ranked server but attacking uncap does not violate ROE.

Comment

5 is very hard, but 10 might not be:

All of these players are very skilled...

2 in J10, raping the carrier (prevent helos and F-35s from taking off, killing the AA gun without giving anyone the chance to fire)

2 in Z10, raping the island (One engineer, one support)

1 commander, arty the Island and the Carrier while providing support and ammo to the chopper (protecting the island with AA until the two J10s take off) while spotting enemies that might have slipped out of the carrier in RIBs. This will be the main way to reduce the enemy's tickets. He's a sniper to take out any stray enemies he spots. (Swimmers, etc.) Also is constantly in the AA to watch out for stray aircraft.

1 special ops to kill the enemy artillery, while getting ammo from the support guy in the Z10 and killing the boats and AA (but protecting the island with AA long enough until the two J10s take off)

2 engineers each protecting one side of the island with tanks

Comment

5 skilled players vs 32 total noobs, sure.

However, if you even had a half way decent couple of plane/chopper pilots on the USMC, China would get owned. All the USMC woul dhave to do at that point, if they were just distracted long enough, (which would eventually happen) is slip off the island onto land and take one base and it would be over.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraHotel
                              Raping the carrier would be pretty tough because:

1. It's against ROE.

No it is not.

3 LOCAL (PRIVATELY RENTED) RANKED SERVER RULES MODIFICATIONS

These are rules that are not enforced upon in EA’s public ranked servers but may be modified in privately rented ranked servers. These rules are decided by clan administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.

This would include but not limited to:
                              § Artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases may be prohibited.
                              § Prolonged or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
                              § Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
                              § Impersonating clan members.
                              § Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.
                              § Clans may change or customise rules, provided they don’t violate the above ROE rules.
                              See you on the battlefield

It can be a server rule on a privately rented ranked server but attacking uncap does not violate ROE.
                              Why not just make it unranked?

Spawn camping the uncapturable bases is againt the ROE.

Comment

strange as it is i think it could be possible, i mean i've been stuck on the carrier due to j-10s, who has'nt so i think its entirely possible, just unlikely

Comment

Working...
                                X