Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: No Vehicle option details

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah man I edited it.. it's confusing with all these terms.. infantry only, no vehicle, some vehicle, mostly infantry, etc.. is confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Devil
      [...] I'm reminded of some kid named Reuther. I ran into on Gulf last night. He sounded like he was 10-12 and just started screaming over VOIP about some some guy who had just completely repeatedly owned him.

Last time I saw him, he was on foot being chased way up the hill beside the MEC Airfield by our MEC chopper. :laugh:
      LMFAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (especially the last part)

Wasn't Reuther this little jerk about whom someone posted a voip record screaming stuff like "I CANT HEAR YOU" (but still responding) and going totally crazy for ~5-10 minutes ???

If so this guy needs a fan-site!

Comment

2 cents from me...

Infantry only should be, as mentioned before, with light transports/transport helis and without commander arty. Health/damage should be as is in 1.3
        PRO'S:
        1) AT and mechanic class will have purpose
        2) Faster gameplay - people can go from flag to flag really quick
        3) Vehicle drop would be really usefull
        4) If damage stays there ba a lot more tactical decissions involved IMHO - people/squads/commanders has to orient, think and decide before act (OODA)
        CON'S:
        5) There probably be "vehicle whoring" - if we want not allow that to happen, there must be plenty of vehicles.
        6) Vehicle camping - one guy in .50 turrent spraying bullets on spawn points(but one precise sniper bullet or rocket should done it right)
        7) With health/damage "as is" there is a danger of granade/c4/whatever spamming - but it happens now and most of us can handle with that.

Additional comments:
        - If there will be transport choppers, they CANNOT have stronger guns. We all know why
        - respawn time shouldn't be server option - it should stay as is.

Comment

Originally posted by wjp1
          2 cents from me...

Infantry only should be, as mentioned before, with light transports/transport helis and without commander arty. Health/damage should be as is in 1.3
          PRO'S:
          1) AT and mechanic class will have purpose
          2) Faster gameplay - people can go from flag to flag really quick
          3) Vehicle drop would be really usefull
          4) If damage stays there ba a lot more tactical decissions involved IMHO - people/squads/commanders has to orient, think and decide before act (OODA)
          CON'S:
          5) There probably be "vehicle whoring" - if we want not allow that to happen, there must be plenty of vehicles.
          6) Vehicle camping - one guy in .50 turrent spraying bullets on spawn points(but one precise sniper bullet or rocket should done it right)
          7) With health/damage "as is" there is a danger of granade/c4/whatever spamming - but it happens now and most of us can handle with that.

Additional comments:
          - If there will be transport choppers, they CANNOT have stronger guns. We all know why
          - respawn time shouldn't be server option - it should stay as is.

Agreed with most points. Definitely no artillery. Respawn time should be decided depending on the amount of players already in the game, automatically.. not sure if that can be accomplished with new code or something, but it's a good idea with any option.

Comment

- respawn timers should be the same as what they are in regular BF2
            - it should be ranked
            - servers should be able to have it in rotation so one map could be regular BF2 with all vehicles and then a map of IO.
            - health should not be tweaked, should be the same as regular BF2

I dissagree that servers should be allowed to make changes to what vehicles spawn or things like respawn timers, there needs to be uniformity to the rule set.

I don't know how hard this would be to do but I think it makes the most sense:

Originally Posted by harmor
            Personally if you really wanted a vehicle-lite option to the game you do the following:
            * Replace Tanks/APCs with Heavy Jeep spawns
            * Replace AA vehicles with Light Jeep spawns
            * Remove jets.
            * Replace Attack helicopters with Transport Helicopters (i.e. USMC carrier would have 3 Blackhawk spawns)

Comment

Everything used in-game should be selectable by the server at launch time.

Comment

Everything used in-game should be selectable by the server at launch time.
                That's kind of going further than creating just a different mode for infantry. That would require I bet brand new code or intense modification of current code to implement something that would allow the server admin to decide what objects the game will have in the map. Let the developers decide some parts while creating patches, they know what they're doing. That's basically just like creating your own map currently. Don't know if it's currently possible.

Comment

well i got an idea if its possible and shouldnt require to much work, put in jeeps without the guns so just normal cars.

Comment

I don't have a problem with guns on jeeps, any more that they should take out stationary guns, naw. It's a lot of fun to get a two or three man kill on a jeep with a mine, AT rocket or even the grenade launcher. You can also snipe the dude behind the machine gun because he's a nice "exposed" stationary target.

Comment

Yeah if you do that, it would be pretty annoying I assume to always have to jump out and respond with an attack each time you are ambushed.

Comment

Not really. Here's the code that prevents vehicles from spawning. All they'd have to do is add other subcommands like gameLogic.AircraftOnlyOmit blah

At least maybe just put in the ability for the modders.

gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Ahe_ah1z
                        gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Ahe_havoc
                        gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Ahe_z10
                        gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Air_f35b
                        gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Air_j10
                        gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Air_su30mkk
                        gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Chthe_z8
                        gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Ruair_mig29
                        gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Ruair_su34
                        gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit The_mi17
                        gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Usair_f15
                        gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Usair_f18
                        etc.

Originally posted by Sudel Tek
                        That's kind of going further than creating just a different mode for infantry. That would require I bet brand new code or intense modification of current code to implement something that would allow the server admin to decide what objects the game will have in the map. Let the developers decide some parts while creating patches, they know what they're doing. That's basically just like creating your own map currently. Don't know if it's currently possible.

Comment

Or maybe create IO mode with possibility for serwer owners to decide which vehicles should be present on map? That would satisfy all - harcore gamers who wants infantry even without boats and those who wants to light transport be left.
                          But then, IO couldn't be ranked...

Comment

I think there shoiuld be one map with 4 jets, 2 gun choppers, 4 transport choppers, and one or two of the small choppers from AF. (or more) then fighting for jets and choppers time, would be over...
                            and maybe also plenty of ground viechles to pick amongst.. (ON EACH TEAM)

Comment

Personally I think the game becomes quite unbalanced now.
                              Medics become some kind of ubersoldier, due to the fact that they can heal themselves easily (it's easier to run for cover, and just throw 2 health packs instead of one). Also, because of the longer gunfights, it's absolutely NO use to surprise someone or ambush them ... at least that's what I've found. They'll just run for cover, heal, and attack you head on.
                              And the worst point: glitchers, semi-glitchers, and bunnyhop/dolphindivers/hyperactive weirdos OWN way too hard now. The faults in bf2's movement system become painfully obvious now.
                              (if you don't know what I'm talking about, have someone prone behind a wall, and do the hyperactive standing up/proning thing... they can shoot you before you can even see them standing.)

It's a good idea to add infantry only mode, but I would have preferred it the old way: normal health, no vehicles, and no artillery, no ********.
                              The respawn timings are good though...

Comment

Not really. Here's the code that prevents vehicles from spawning. All they'd have to do is add other subcommands like gameLogic.AircraftOnlyOmit blah

At least maybe just put in the ability for the modders.

gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Ahe_ah1z
                                gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Ahe_havoc
                                gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Ahe_z10
                                gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Air_f35b
                                gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Air_j10
                                gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Air_su30mkk
                                gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Chthe_z8
                                gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Ruair_mig29
                                gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Ruair_su34
                                gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit The_mi17
                                gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Usair_f15
                                gameLogic.infantryOnlyOmit Usair_f18
                                etc.
                                yeah but DICE makes that sound so hard...

Comment

Working...
                                X