No Vehicle option details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: No Vehicle option details

IO would, i feel, add another level to BF2 and would provide players that like a fire fight on foot that option, and like so may people have said already, if you like vehicles, play the other servers. Same as if you wanted to play Karkhand...would you log into a server that only played Wake?? Course you wouldnt. But you have that option.

The only thing i think will be a problem is increasing the HP! Why? Dice said it is to lengthen the gameplay....well give more tickets to both sides then, simple. Or have more flags??

Comment

Ok, time for me to chime in.
      1. I would feel more comfortable knowing that this new 'infantry only' option is not taking time and people away from fixing bugs and balance.

2. This option should not be allowed on ranked servers. This is a BATTLEFIELD game. The Battlefield series heralded in vehicles in this type of online game. This option would be a step BACK for the franchise. Including it as a ranked option is like admitting that Battlefield is trying to be more like Counter-Strike. Battlefield should stand its ground and IMPROVE the BALANCE of having vehicles included rather than remove them...thus admitting defeat.

3. If 'Infantry Only' is unranked only, then you can give the SERVER ADMIN all of the sliders and options for which vehicles appear, how much extra health, duration of respawn, etc. That way, servers can appear which cater to EVERY type of gamer. There is NO way you're going to come up with a standard (let alone a ranked standard) that everybody can agree on.

Stickying thread for now...good stuff in here.

Comment

In response to Talus' points, and please, lets keep this civil
        1. I would feel more comfortable knowing that this new 'infantry only' option is not taking time and people away from fixing bugs and balance.
          ## Valid Point
        2. This option should not be allowed on ranked servers. This is a BATTLEFIELD game. The Battlefield series heralded in vehicles in this type of online game. This option would be a step BACK for the franchise. Including it as a ranked option is like admitting that Battlefield is trying to be more like Counter-Strike. Battlefield should stand its ground and IMPROVE the BALANCE of having vehicles included rather than remove them...thus admitting defeat.
          ## How can providing MORE options on the way the game COULD be played be a step BACK? Surely, if anything its a step FORWARD in that players have a greater choice as to how THEY enjoy the game, whilst those who dont like the idea can continue playing as they have done since they bought the game.
        3. If 'Infantry Only' is unranked only, then you can give the SERVER ADMIN all of the sliders and options for which vehicles appear, how much extra health, duration of respawn, etc. That way, servers can appear which cater to EVERY type of gamer. There is NO way you're going to come up with a standard (let alone a ranked standard) that everybody can agree on.
          ## I think its a case of IO Ranked or No IO at all to be honest. People simply dont play ranked servers (of course there are a few) Why both spending the time and money developing something that simply wont be used?

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
          Ok, time for me to chime in.

as for option 2 saying its a step back in my opinion its a step forward in realising that battlefield players want more options in the game they purchase.

just because i want IO maps and options doesnt mean its going to stop me playing normal bf2 maps with all the vehicles and aircraft thrown in.

it seems the thought of IO has got a few people running scared thinking that it`ll cause the death of bf2,the main people that will play on these type of maps are the ones that currently enjoy spending their time on city map only servers so its going to take nothing away normal bf2.

Comment

Ok, but realize that I'm not suggesting they REMOVE the option altogether.

Just avoid all of the hassle of locking in one ruleset by leaving it as unranked.

YOU CAN STILL PLAY ON SERVERS WITH INFANTRY ONLY.

People who want that option can still use it. And they can use it with more flexibility.

Now, do you see the difference?

Since people are so ticked off at the current balance issues, most ranked servers would switch to Infantry Only...and then those of us that ENJOY Battlefield as a complete combat game are screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
              TOW missile left in place
              Why do we need a TOW if there's no vehicles?

Comment

Heck..why not remove the AT class altogether while they're at it....

Comment

the problem is the more complex the system the more that can go wrong
                  This will please the vast majority
                  1. replace tanks with heavy jeeps
                  2. replace apc & aa with light jeeps
                  3. remove planes
                  4. replace attack helis with transport ones
                  5. disable artillery
                  6. MAYBE place some additional jeeps so fast transport is warranted
                  7. Leave the rest alone !!!
                  There is no reason why this shouldn't be the be all and end all of their work. They have after all wasted time on creating new damage systems that everyone agrees is crazy. Keep it simple. Swap out armour for transports

THAT IS ALL WE WANT DICE. Don't give us 'features' nobody asked for or wants.

Comment

Since people are so ticked off at the current balance issues, most ranked servers would switch to Infantry Only...and then those of us that ENJOY Battlefield as a complete combat game are screwed.
                    This is a bit mellow dramatic i think (not just you, alot of people make this point)

We have 3 servers, and tho i dont make the decisions im pretty damned sure only 1 would be set to Infantry only. Our largest server, which rotates all maps would certainly not have Infantry only, what would be the point in playin Zatar or Dragon Valley with no vehicles? Vehicles are entirely the points of those maps, i think you need to give server admins/owners a little more credit in how they make their decisions.

Its not an armaggedon for Bf2 as you know it, just another way it can be played. Unranked IO wont work, No one will play it, its a sad fact, but its true.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
                      Server with regular maps would be empty. When DIce nerfed the Black HAwk maps like shongua and mashtur the gameplay changed so much no one play those maps anymore like before. Shongua is a map that empty a full server if you put it in rotation.
                      The sky won't fall. We have ALL the BF2 Vanilla maps in our server rotation and Songhua Stalemate DOES NOT empty the server...in fact, it has no real impact on player numbers. Mashtuur City is still one of the most popular BF2 maps. With the BH nerfing it is also now one of the more balanced maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
                        This is a bit mellow dramatic i think (not just you, alot of people make this point)

We have 3 servers, and tho i dont make the decisions im pretty damned sure only 1 would be set to Infantry only. Our largest server, which rotates all maps would certainly not have Infantry only, what would be the point in playin Zatar or Dragon Valley with no vehicles? Vehicles are entirely the points of those maps, i think you need to give server admins/owners a little more credit in how they make their decisions.

Its not an armaggedon for Bf2 as you know it, just another way it can be played. Unranked IO wont work, No one will play it, its a sad fact, but its true.
                        I can't play a vast majority of the maps I paid for on ranked servers because of 24/7 Karkand or 24/7 City Maps servers being the majority.

Does that not indicate that infantry only would become the most popular option?

Take the Counter-Strike players and then add in all of the BF players disillusioned with the balance issues, and that's what you'd get.

PS - melodramatic

Comment

Tanks taking damage for rolling over terrain and hitting little bumps is pretty stupid. Half the time you get in a tank battle if you've been on the move for a while in a map like oman you're bound to have maybe a quarter of your health taken off you depending on how long and how fast you've been moving. Obviously this puts you at a disadvantage. Also the drawdistance bug where vehicles can flicker in and out of view can be pretty annoying.

Comment

I can't play a vast majority of the maps I paid for on ranked servers because of 24/7 Karkand or 24/7 City Maps servers being the majority.

Does that not indicate that infantry only would become the most popular option?

Take the Counter-Strike players and then add in all of the BF players disillusioned with the balance issues, and that's what you'd get.

PS - melodramatic
                            24/7 City maps are popular, thats why there are so many. As for Infantry only being the most popular, i dont think it will. Take Sharqi for example, the tanks and helos play as much apart in that map as Infantry, we (as server admins/owners) know this.

Im not saying you might not be right, but as a server admin and someone who watches our 3 servers fill/empty everyday i genuinely dont think your fears will be the case. If they are, you are most welcome on our 50 player full map rotation which will be running the same as it always has done.

Comment

Please..gimme the IP. I just hope my ping is good for it

Comment

It doesn't really affect most servers because
                                1. This has to be unranked
                                2. This should be designed to please the clans for use in their competitions

Comment

Working...
                                X