No Vehicle option details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Vehicle option details

I love the idea of infantry only, and I'd love to see it on ranked servers.

A few buggies or jeeps would be welcomed just to save walking and to make anti-tank useful, but make them on a very slow respawn time (60-120 secs) so they can't be spammed or abused. No hummers or vodniks thou.

What's worrying me is that china v USA maps will not get rotated on infantry only servers. Limiting the amount of poeple playing as china even more.

I also hate the idea of health increase/weapon damage decrease, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave it as is.

Comment

I have to agree that in some maps, alot of walking might have to be done. So this is my suggestion:

*Have Hummers and Vodniks, but remove the mounted machine guns on them, so that they can solely be used to transport.
      *leave the transport helicopters the way they are, but just as the hummers and vodniks, remove the machine guns. Transport helicopters can also emphasize on how players strategize their movements and also reinforces their skills. (i.e. accuracy - sniping from a black hawk.)
      + I think that the transport helicopters can really be needed on maps like wake or gulf of oman.

That way, the TOW missles can actually have a point in infantry mode, and transportation wont be an issue.

Comment

Infantry combat in BF2 is fun but the experience is usually tainted with constant artillery bombing and people spawn killing with armor, the city maps are the closest thing to infantry squad on squad combat and that's why they are so popular.

Everyone was looking forward to a game mode where at least the heavy armor and probably jets/attack choppers would be taken out of the equation, but if they did that then it would be "BF2 Light" - they already have this and it's called BF2:Special Forces expansion, well they took out the jets anyways, dispite the night maps I enjoy playing this the most.

I think people envisioned how nice it would be to play a map like Karkand without artillery and heavy armor (APC’s and Tanks), Mashtuur City is probably the closest to the idea of a perfect infantry orientated map, the new Jalalabad map would too. I doubt anybody gave much consideration to the island maps or the ones where you start out on the aircraft carrier, even if this new infantry only game mode made it to being played as a ranked game I really doubt anyone would run those maps in rotation.

To those that say just go play Counter Strike then I say fine, when are they going to add in iron sights to all weapons, the ability to go prone, and all the weapon classes you see in Battlefield 2 including the medic revive? Speaking of which, the number one reason I hate playing Counter Strike is that it’s round based, adding in 30 second respawn queues into BF2 goes a long way toward me not being interested in playing this mode, regardless of the logic behind it.

I would just like to say DICE, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it and in your case don’t make it worse. There’s nothing wrong with the infantry combat that the base game provides, nobody likes walking so leave in the light transport vehicles and even the transport helicopters (you’ve nerfed the Blackhawk gun to the point of being completely useless), take out the jets and attack choppers, leave the infantry combat alone.

Take out the artillery (you’ve already done this on Iron Gator), the rest can stay including the vehicle drop, call it Battlefield 2 IO (infantry orientated) and then I think you’d have a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
          I dont think your understanding. This is an OPTION, ie servers can have it on or off.

Maps like Zatar, Dragon Valley etc wont be set to infantry only, the whole point of those maps is the vehicles. This setting would, id imagin, mainly be used for city maps servers primarily because the people who frequent those servers LIKE playing as infantry.

People will still play servers with Zatar, Dragon Valley etc, just those of us who dont like getting the **** bombed out of us repeatedly can play on an infantry only server and have some good infantry battles.
          Well tell me why DICE AND EA in bfroe says that RANKED SERVERS cant put rules in the use of vehicles. And many servers had been shut down for breaking this rule. Now DICE comes with this. They contradict them selfs with this. No vehicles in maps is for stat padding. Is unfair for people that like to use vehicles in the others servers with vehicles. This is why all the server are going to put infantry only and player will play those and not the regular ones. To makes points. This mode should be unranked only.

Again I say the same

BF2 maps are made for vehicles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dice dont make a mistake. Leave this unraked. Infantry only is good for clan matches etc. Not ranked servers.

Fix the bugs. No more new content. Let bf2 has it is. Stop making it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
            Well tell me why DICE AND EA in bfroe says that RANKED SERVERS cant put rules in the use of vehicles. And many servers had been shut down for breaking this rule. Now DICE comes with this. They contradict them selfs with this. No vehicles in maps is for stat padding. Is unfair for people that like to use vehicles in the others servers with vehicles. This is why all the server are going to put infantry only and player will play those and not the regular ones. To makes points. This mode should be unranked only.

Again I say the same

BF2 maps are made for vehicles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dice dont make a mistake. Leave this unraked. Infantry only is good for clan matches etc. Not ranked servers.

Fix the bugs. No more new content. Let bf2 has it is. Stop making it worse.
            please this is a beta test and they really want your feedback, who knows, maybe you will end up with ranked infantry only servers..

so lets please provide constructive feedback as this type doesnt help..

Comment

DICE I really REALLY.... and I think EVERYONE agrees.... think that this "infantry only"... should just be INFANTRY ONLY.

Not all this 2x hp and all the weapons are less effective B.S.

No more new content. You are making it worse and making things more complicated than they already are.

Just make it exactly as-is, just without vehicles... I say, put in the muscle car for transport (or anything without a gun... maybe a new vehicle?) and keep those all over the map.. so it won't be used as a main weapon.

Already I noticed an EXTREMELY annoying server browsing bug that NEEDS to be fixed.. I put it in the Feedback/bugs thread.

Also, fix the JSF/J-10 issue!

That is the one and ONLY gameplay change that everyone on these forums, and all bf2-related forums wants.. Just bring up "J-10" and people start saying how EXTREMELY unbalanced it is...So please.. if ANYTHING... fix that. This HUGE imbalance, completely messes up every map with the JSF... and the USMC almost always loses.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
                please this is a beta test and they really want your feedback, who knows, maybe you will end up with ranked infantry only servers..

so lets please provide constructive feedback as this type doesnt help..
                Bfroe said no tanks or apc is not allowed in ranked servers
                You know bf2 maps are not made for infantry only. Maybe city maps but what about the other maps. Mayby is better that DIce dont make anymore patches. They make more damage than fix. That would be like stat padding.

Comment

everthing is good but the 30 seconds revive time. itll be better at like 20 or 25seconds and less damage would just be gay 10 hits to kill is bad enough

Comment

Even though Dice is finally learning how to communicate with the community... they are just too dumb to know what we really want.

Infantry only = no vehicles/commander. Period. none of this decreased damage garabge.

Comment

• Re: No Vehicle option details

This patch is shaping up to be horrible. Seems like more of the linear thinking to address problems, and more of the same deskilling of the most skilled elements of this game. Dropping to prone and maintaining and accurate cone of fire takes skill, aiming at a player who had proned and evading him also takes skill. Infantry only mode? More like medic only mode.

If you want infantry only mode, go play CounterStrike Source. This is BATTLEFIELD 2 FFS. The key element that separates this game from the rest and distinguishes the series is the vehicle and infantry interaction and squad based play. Without vehicles, Battlefield 2 is a mediocre shooter at best and nothing more.

If I wanted to play "infantry only mode" I'd go play Counterstrike. Better engine, better netcode, better weapon balance, better hit detection. I'm sorry but if you want a no-infantry server, make some infantry only maps. Once you stray in to infantry only territory, you lose your defining characteristic. I'm well aware it's optional. But flat out tons of these Karkand 24/7 will be going infantry only to further help pad stats. Now medic squads will be virtually invincible without a skilled APC or tank driver to catch them out in the open and cut them down. Another issue is of course, player statistics. Now you'll only see people cramming on to medic only servers for stat padding. Why introduce this, when this is almost exactly what you've been banning for on knife and pistol servers?

As if 2 AT rockets from behind a wall is too difficult to manage to instantly kill a tank or APC. That's called a team dynamic, you no longer need AT players, as such you have less of a need for support players, less of a need for Spec Ops, no need for engineers, and the whole game degrades into a medic pack tossing, shock paddling, G36E spam fest.

Very disappointed with how this patch is shaping up thus far. Infantry mode should not exist, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
                        Bfroe said no tanks or apc is not allowed in ranked servers
                        You know bf2 maps are not made for infantry only. Maybe city maps but what about the other maps. Mayby is better that DIce dont make anymore patches. They make more damage than fix. That would be like stat padding.
                        Thats why Dice increased the hit points on the infantry. This was done so the score per minute and kill rate would be more equal to servers with vehicles. If they make it infantry only and don't increase the hitpoints on a player then it can't be ranked.

They aren't contradicting themselves with this beta inf only system.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
                          Thats why Dice increased the hit points on the infantry. This was done so the score per minute and kill rate would be more equal to servers with vehicles. If they make it infantry only and don't increase the hitpoints on a player then it can't be ranked.

They aren't contradicting themselves with this beta inf only system.
                          You are missing the point. This is the same thing they are closing servers, for rules like no tank or apc. They know bf2 maps and ranked system is made including vehicles. No vehicles is going to be stat padding place to be. They are making new thing without even fixing the old game that is in the cd box. This all beta testing should be for fixing bugs of the original BF2. Not making more things that will bring more bugs, more nerfing etc. This setting in ranked servers would make that noobs don't bother to learn to use vehicles. To fly jets or choppers. So why they are going to do. Go to infantry only and never learn anything of the original game. Later on the other maps will be empty. This will be the new CS 1.6. infantry only will kill bf2. Thanks EA DICE this is the patch that would kill bf2.

With every patch it get worse. Is dice canada trying to make dice sweden creation look bad or something?

PLease DICE only bugs fixes, don't add this to ranked. :|:

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                            OK CKMC you did ask so I'll summarise
                            - Change the weapons damage back to core BF2 values. Stop nerfing your game!!!
                            - Infantry mode is unranked
                            - Heavy transport, light transport, atv, transport choppers and ribs should stay

If you must nerf, NERF UP. If a weapon is too powerful make the other weapons more powerful to counter it. Not the other way round - nerfing down kills the game
                            Take a hypothetical example -
                            The blackhawk used to be too powerful
                            Solution - make the other tranports equally powerful. Give infantry a portable stinger. That is all.
                            The G36e is too powerful
                            Solution - Make the M16 as powerful and as accurate
                            The J10 is far better than the F35b
                            Solution - Fix the F35b missiles. Give the F35b an advantage like a very effective airbrake utilising its VTOL

Doing the above - nerfing UP - makes everyone happy
                            Doing the opposite - nerfing DOWN - ****es players off
                            Think of your customers

Edit Colin Clarke - I asked you before and I'll ask again
                            Please do not take feedback in this way. You MUST if you are to achieve any useful feedback invite selected members of a forum like this for their feedback. Approach individuals - let the people who have proven themselves here have their voices heard above the complaints from a new player who has just had his ass handed to him

People here like Harmor, Metallicaguitarist, Planewhore, Wargimp, Rombaft, ||bfa||variable, Eternal-Souljah, bitvomit, troybob, Hu.Z_of_PLA to name but a few. There are not many more.
                            There are not many who I would trust with this game but there are perhaps 10-20 here active on these forums who know what they are talking about and you should listen to them as well. Because those intelligent and passionate voices represent the community and will give you the feedback you need
                            If you want to know what a nation thinks you don't ask the man in the street. You ask the politician or the newsreporter. Similarly with this game you don't ask the common player - you ask the community moderators, the senior members and the clan leaders.
                            Please do it this time if you are really serious about this feedback and public relations

GOD BLESS!!!! :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                              This patch is shaping up to be horrible. Seems like more of the linear thinking to address problems, and more of the same deskilling of the most skilled elements of this game. Dropping to prone and maintaining and accurate cone of fire takes skill, aiming at a player who had proned and evading him also takes skill. Infantry only mode? More like medic only mode.

If you want infantry only mode, go play CounterStrike Source. This is BATTLEFIELD 2 FFS. The key element that separates this game from the rest and distinguishes the series is the vehicle and infantry interaction and squad based play. Without vehicles, Battlefield 2 is a mediocre shooter at best and nothing more.

If I wanted to play "infantry only mode" I'd go play Counterstrike. Better engine, better netcode, better weapon balance, better hit detection. I'm sorry but if you want a no-infantry server, make some infantry only maps. Once you stray in to infantry only territory, you lose your defining characteristic. I'm well aware it's optional. But flat out tons of these Karkand 24/7 will be going infantry only to further help pad stats. Now medic squads will be virtually invincible without a skilled APC or tank driver to catch them out in the open and cut them down. Another issue is of course, player statistics. Now you'll only see people cramming on to medic only servers for stat padding. Why introduce this, when this is almost exactly what you've been banning for on knife and pistol servers?

As if 2 AT rockets from behind a wall is too difficult to manage to instantly kill a tank or APC. That's called a team dynamic, you no longer need AT players, as such you have less of a need for support players, less of a need for Spec Ops, no need for engineers, and the whole game degrades into a medic pack tossing, shock paddling, G36E spam fest.

Very disappointed with how this patch is shaping up thus far. Infantry mode should not exist, period.

I was playing today, and when I looked at my map, it was lit up like a christmas tree with red crosses everywhere :laugh:

But you are right, BF2 really isnt a good infantry game. Counter strike source is where its at. When you aim at someone steady, you will hit everytime with the first 2 or 3 bullets. In BF2, if I aim exactly on someone, it really is spotty. The first bullet might hit, then the next 3 might miss, or the first 2 might miss, then the 3rd hits....just really weird

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                              DICE I really REALLY.... and I think EVERYONE agrees.... think that this "infantry only"... should just be INFANTRY ONLY.

Not all this 2x hp and all the weapons are less effective B.S.

No more new content. You are making it worse and making things more complicated than they already are.

Just make it exactly as-is, just without vehicles... I say, put in the muscle car for transport (or anything without a gun... maybe a new vehicle?) and keep those all over the map.. so it won't be used as a main weapon.

Already I noticed an EXTREMELY annoying server browsing bug that NEEDS to be fixed.. I put it in the Feedback/bugs thread.

Also, fix the JSF/J-10 issue!

That is the one and ONLY gameplay change that everyone on these forums, and all bf2-related forums wants.. Just bring up "J-10" and people start saying how EXTREMELY unbalanced it is...So please.. if ANYTHING... fix that. This HUGE imbalance, completely messes up every map with the JSF... and the USMC almost always loses.

Agree. Address what we've been asking for which deals with a balance issue (F35/J10). I didnt see anyone asking for more health for infantry

Comment

The hope for a bug fixing patch is gone. Better wait for quake wars because bf2142 would be the same B.S. when dice canada start making their buggy patches to ruin gameplay and damage the dice sweden creation.

Comment

Working...
                                X