Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: [UTAC] and their fantastic admining.

Originally posted by roger smith
    i feel it is necessary for this stuff to be discussed rather than disregaurded. bad admining should not be acceptable. i just got kicked from utac for killing an attack helicopter that was badly injured and had just gotten back to its base for repairs. let it be known that even though i do not agree with "base rape" being a bad thing, killing an injured bird thats going back to thier base, is in not way rape, its bad piloting.
    Here is the way I see it.

1/ You engaged the bird before it got to the uncap therefore it is fair game. (ie: you were in the air chasing it)
    If that was the case you should not have been kicked and I appologize.

2/ You engaged the chopper after he got back to the uncap in which case it was spawn camping.

In any way, That the sort of things that could be delt with in our forum...

Originally posted by raggety
    (...)
    As to the remark about the server being #67, I don't doubt it. Your server is one of the few that would come up on a filter set for "Not Full" and "Not Empty" with EF&AF. My point is that there are people out there that want to play EF and AF but I don't think your popularity is due to your admin style. If anything, you are correct that this thread has produced more traffic for your server (bad publicity is better than no publicity) and for that I congratulate you on keeping this going.
    Well our server is 48 now, and it keeps climbing the ranking.

On the other hands the other two best servers out there for EF and AF(101st & La Cantina) have seen there ranking go down. Is it because we are better, no, it is simply because we are the only one with a long list of rules. BTW, why the rules, because EF and AF can easily loose balance and we want to give the other team a chance. Yes we could cut out the rules stac one team and rape all day, but that would be quite boring. As for the admin abuse, sure we are not perfect. whether an accident or frustration, stuff happends. BUT If you have never admin before then you have no idea of the aggravation caused by having to alt-tab out of the game bring up BF2cc find the player's name, take action, and finally come back to find out you've been killed. All that because you saw a friendly sniper shoot into their uncap. Trust me, admining has been detrimental to both my stats and my sanity. If anyone wonders why we do it then he/she just does not get it. And no it is not to feel good about oursleves, we have jobs/wifes/kids that take care of such needs...

Guys this is simple. Accept the rules and play by them or go to a server that does not have rules. I recomand the mentioned above as both of them are good clans with good reliable servers.

Comment

I have really enjoyed this thread because me and my group of friends had some amazing rounds on UTAC and some truly miserable ones. We play with the {IHS} tag and I play under QuakeIs4Queers.

We had some rough starts because the rules were pretty tight and some of my buddies got kicked for running over some people in the uncap after we had all bases. Old DC habits die hard. Well I became public defender and got one of our guys unbanned after explaining what happened. I will admit that I have had my share of gripes about some of the attitude you get from the UTAC guys but I also think this is one of the better admined servers out there.

We quit because frankly when the UTAC guys were together and Patriot was flying then you were doomed. No chance on any of the EU maps except for Great Wall for obvious reasons. They had great teamwork and should be killing everyone so don't take that as a complaint. We also found another AF server that did team switch after each round which I think ALL servers should do. However that server is SO buggy and does not run EU that I think we will be back. Just wish one of our IHS guys could fly.

Bottom line is that I can understand why some people have had some negative reactions, however I think you are doing yourself a huge disservice by not playing on this server if you like EU and AF. Just keep the rules in mind and enjoy a true team oriented server. If you have a run in with UTAC count to ten and log back on.

Also, I am in no way friends or affiliated with UTAC, but I did want to give what I consider an unbiased account of their server.

Now hope they run POE next...

Comment

Hey QuakeIs4Queers, we've all wondered where you guys have been. You've all always played so well together as a squad.

Anyway, thank you for the unbiased assessment and I hope we will see you guys on the server more often.

Take care.

p.s. QuakeIs4Queers click my sig, it's just for u guys lol.

Comment

I must admit being a server owner and admin is a pain in the arse, but kicking people for punishing unless they have given you the TK 3+ times on purpose is stupid. You killed them, they punished you... move on. If you had any skill, you can easily gain back any negative points you got from the punish. Be a man and suck it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Inc|LoKi
            Nothing is more annoying than getting kicked off your own server via accidental tk's building up over multiple rounds.

If retards didnt play with thier page down botton stuck down and thier page up button removed things like this wouldnt happen.

Punish was designed by dice so only the retards that TK for vehicles and the griefers that TK for fun could be dealt with.

Its not really EA's fault that this function doesnt work, more the fault of the smacktard noobies that punish for every tk weather accidental or not.

^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by parish
              I must admit being a server owner and admin is a pain in the arse, but kicking people for punishing unless they have given you the TK 3+ times on purpose is stupid. You killed them, they punished you... move on. If you had any skill, you can easily gain back any negative points you got from the punish. Be a man and suck it up.
              We have not kicked for punishing for months since we found out it was against the ROE. This was stated on page 5, be a human being and read the whole thread before posting.

Comment

i play on the utac server alot because it is one of the only af/eu servers out there. the only commet i like to add is that i got kicked for bombing a uncapped after all flags were taken. the arty part i agree with but when u cut off the bombing (and i dont mean bombing constantly just after all the flags where capped) it means that all the airforce can do is fly in circles. i know that if i dont like it go somewhere else to play but i like the server and just wanted to add some input. i think that they are good admins just before they boot some players look at the big picture. i not complaining just asking if utac talks about there rules and listens to outside opinons (professionally ,of course)

Comment

Ha Ha Ha 8 pages now, do all of you honestly have this much time to piss and moan about rules?! UTAC as stated in the previous 7 pages provides easy rules to either follow or not, and if not you will be removed promtly. The rules are strict but there for a reason, to provide the best opportunity to enjoy the game.

If you children can't get over the fact they make the rules on THEIR server deal with it, if not go to one of the many other servers out of 1300.

Before crying anymore about UTAC rules after this post, read the previous pages and explantions which have been clearly repeated over and over... der der der I can't read derrr.......

Comment

I find the UTAC rules (From what I read here) truly LAME rules!!!

1.Spawn camping SHOULD be allowed, just spawn somewhere else!
                    2. Attacking on uncaps should be allowed when you want air superiorty (Esp. the U.S. team because the J-10 is very powerful!) Destroying Artillery and UAV equipment should be allowed (Then why did DICE/EA put points for destroying those toys?)

If any server has these kind of absolute lame rules, I will not join them!

Comment

1.Spawn camping SHOULD be allowed, just spawn somewhere else!
                      Our rule against SpawnCamping applies to the uncap!

2. Attacking on uncaps should be allowed when you want air superiorty (Esp. the U.S. team because the J-10 is very powerful!)
                      Are you aware that we only run EU/AF????? Meaning that there is no j-10 on our server.....

Destroying Artillery and UAV equipment should be allowed (Then why did DICE/EA put points for destroying those toys?)
                      Where did you see/read the rule about NO DESTROYING ASSETS????? Last time I checked it was allowed! Have you even played on our server????? Considering that you are 0-3 on our rules I am assuming that you haven't!

Comment

Usually bad admins can be summed up in a few simple terms:

1. They are 13 years old.
                        2. They have a god complex.
                        3. You have more skill than they do.
                        4. All of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by YugoSKS
                          Our rule against SpawnCamping applies to the uncap!

Are you aware that we only run EU/AF????? Meaning that there is no j-10 on our server.....

Where did you see/read the rule about NO DESTROYING ASSETS????? Last time I checked it was allowed! Have you even played on our server????? Considering that you are 0-3 on our rules I am assuming that you haven't!
                          No destroying assets? Aren't the assets in the uncap base lol...??

Comment

Usually bad posters can be summed up in a few simple terms:

2. They have poor complexion.
                            3. They have less school then you do.
                            4. All of the above.

I have no gun ...... can't kill anyone

Zenith Z100
                            .001 giggles rum
                            GeeGee Force TK AGP 256Momboes
                            Mice/Keychain

Comment

Yea and you are welcome to come and destroy them, just don't then turn that into spawncamping by trying to gun down everyone that then spawns there. Blow up the scan, arty, sat and get out.

In response to Cazzy
                              Flipside:
                              Usually bad players can be summed up in a few simple terms:
                              2. They have a authority complex - this is probably the only time mommy leaves them alone.
                              3. They think they have more skill than they do.
                              4. All of the above.
                              Note: the above does not apply to most of the players on our server.

Edit: They also usually call themselves yup
                              Why you got to go and steal my post as I'm writing it
                              Don't you know perfection takes time

Comment

To allay any doubts about the UTAC admins, I took the liberty of posting a typical picture of one our admins on duty.

Picture taken at Taraba Quary

Comment

Working...
                                X