Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: [UTAC] and their fantastic admining.

Now your a mod revolution, don't you think this thread should come to an end and prompt people who have a gripe with UTAC to take it up with them on their forums? If this thread stays open any longer it seems to me like it is a conflict of interest seeings how when you started the thread you weren't a mod and now you are a mod you are letting this continue when other threads like this would have been closed by now.

As for my opinion, not having played on their server and having no affiliation with UTAC at all and just from reading this thread over the many months it keeps coming up. I commend the UTAC admins on their responses here. They have addressed the intial problem (ie kicking for people who punish clan members), realised its now against the ROE and have moved on with some very simple rules which aren't hard to follow. If you can't be bothered to read and follow their rules or if you don't agree with their rules find another server to play on. Its not a very hard concept to understand.

These guys are simply trying to provide a place to play for others for free and this is the thanks they get. Well play elsewhere if you don't like it instead of whining on here!

Comment

When i opened this thread i was hoping to read a miracle thread that actually said something good about the much hated 'serevr admins'
      I am again dissapointed

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
        "We do not teamkill on purpose", insinuating that you are all that good...I mean, how obvious is that?
        I think you misunderstand "on purpose", which doesn't include accidental kills, like when you were killed. It wasn't deliberate, it was not "on purpose".

Personally I'd love to have low ping to such a server. Last night I get in the jet and 3 guys just run at it, all dying. Dunno how many punished because it all scrolled off screen and I didn't have time to press ~ for the history.

Later I collide with the bomber, I still have no idea where it came from, it wasn't ahead anyway. Regardless I get the blame and receive 2 more punishes even though I apologise, and am kicked. Sux.

Comment

Originally posted by maleitch
          Now hope they run POE next...
          We do run PoE2 in our unranked server:

Comment

Originally posted by [UTAC] Incognito
            -Use the game functions/vehicles as they were intended

So, I see you like to contradict yourself. I am sure that the game developers had no intention of using vehicles to drop on enemy players...............
            seems that alot of players dont like your server.

Wait, I get it. All these people have conspired to post awful things about your server in order to deflate your e-peen ranking. Sorry, my bad.

Comment

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who had positive feedback and constructive criticism about our server.

Personally, I think this thread has outlived it's purpose.

Please feel free to post your comments on our webiste @ www.clanutac.com

A special thanks to all the regulars who frequent the server.

Comment

You know, I've played on alot of servers. Some good (few and far between unfortunately) and some bad (far too many).
                UTAC may not be perfect. I know I'm not. But, we have a set of rules. EA has an ROE that all servers must follow. Do ALL servers follow them? Not a hope in hell. I've seen crap on servers that completely go against the ROE set down by EA. Do you see alot of people whining like little girls about it and complaining every time they get kicked, then posting sob stories on public forums (Oh, UTAC kicked me for being a putz and TKing at the spawn...boohoohoo)? No. People suck it up and carry on.
                The ROE from EA is there to help people have a good time. Ensure that everyone's treated as fairly as possible. I've seen ALOT of people, even some of the people posting here, that've gone out of thier way to make absolutely sure that when they're on the server, nobody has a good time. Be it intentionally team killing, spawn raping uncaps when the other team has noplace else to spawn, etc. The list can go on and on.
                UTAC has rules set in play to ensure as many people have as much fun as possible. And guess what? It must be working because the server is ALWAYS FULL!!
                What I see are a select few who've been kicked for not following those rules. As such, I see alot of complaining for said kicks.
                I'm a member of UTAC. Do I agree with each and every rule? No, actually I don't. But, do I whine about it? No. Because they're the rules set in play.
                You know, I've been reading these forums for a bit now. And I see alot of people who DO NOT PAY A RED CENT for the servers they play on. Yet they seem to think they have the right to whine, piss and moan about things when what happens doesn't got thier way.
                If you don't PAY for the server, or even DONATE to help the server out...if you only come to piss and moan about things, then don't. It's that simple.
                There are ALOT of people who go to the UTAC (and many other) server(s) to HAVE FUN. They follow the rules. Play fair. And guess what? They have a BLAST!!
                So, rather than piss and moan about what you perceive to be wrong, why not make constructive suggestions on how to fix what you perceive to be wrong. You'll find that people will respond MUCH better to helpfull suggestions than pissing and moaning.

Comment

Originally posted by yUP|Patriots
                  I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who had positive feedback and constructive criticism about our server.

Personally, I think this thread has outlived it's purpose.

Please feel free to post your comments on our webiste @ www.clanutac.com

A special thanks to all the regulars who frequent the server.
                  I was also under that impression at one point about a month ago. However, I received a couple of PM's asking why the thread was locked. Instead of having multiple threads on our forums surrounding this topic, I chose to reopen and keep it contained. The inital impression you gave of your server was that your clan is allowed to make mistakes (i.e, teamkilling and punishing) but the pubbers were forbidden to make a mistake and punish because it was a kickable/banabl;e offense. It was also alright for your clan members to drop ariel bombs on the uncaps when they felt, but the rest were not allowed, again because of the penalties. Utterly profound is this level of ignorance.

As a server owner myself I understand fully what a challenging task it can be at times running a decent server, but 4.5 months later and more complaints than praise should tell you something about the rigidity of your server rules not to mention a few blatant ROE violations on your behalf. I remember visiting your forums the night this thread was started, and I also remember seeing the number of posts regarding this very issue. Only recently the ROE changed to allow server owners a bit more control regarding their rules. You pay the bills and you run the show, but does it not strike a bell of coincindence with you that the underlying theme of the complaints all the same?

If people were constantly complaining about my server and how controlling and how our admins were "power tripping" all the time, I would definitely investigate and make a concerted effort to ensure an enjoyable playing experience for as many people as possible. Although it is impossible to please everyone, it is not prudent to assert one's specific playing style to a generalized gaming population. That is how servers and clans alike disappear into obscurity. Rules are a necessity, but at this juncture some rules just go without saying: No team killing, No glitching, No stat padding, No racism, No BS
                  If you have to actually post these rules that should be followed "or else"..., then you are already attracting the wrong type of crowd.

Comment

Revoluti0n, thank you for your post and I agree with your comments excluding the remark about our members dropping ariel bombs on uncaps.To date I have never seen any of our member do that.

Again, thanks for keeping this thread on topic and I hope to see you on the battlefield.

Comment

So I'm curious, what changes did you make in all to the server rules? You guys claim that you've made some changes and that it's better (or that your not perfect or something like that) but I see very little that's changed when I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPIC
                        The rule you refer to is as follows:
                        3. Do NOT punish for accidental team kills. [UTAC] members do not team kill on purpose.
                        This is meant to protect all players from unjustified punishes, not just members. All [UTAC] members are instructed to forgive all but intentional TK's.

http://www.clanutac.com
                        If this in fact the rule, then it does not say you will be kicked for punishing a UTAC member. So why all the hooplah about OSUPIC not having a clan tag. Clearly you do not have to be a clan member to get kicked for punishing for TK.

Besides the fact it is still lame that your Raggety punished.

Comment

I was on this server this morning and I noticed how the admin were running it.

To me it seemed like a well run server I personally think you are just annoyed because of your friends ill tempered punishing abilities.

Comment

My 2 cents

This Thread is like trying to cap and an uncappable base...."doh, y isnt this flag going down"
                            Kick need to kick all of you for breaking this rule

Never played on an UTAC server, as i cant... Thailand - USA/ Europe has ballsy pings...

See, if you dont like the server, dont join it
                            if u like it, join it.. duh

i am stuck in thailand with 8 servers, which feeds around 3000 bf2 gamers that i know...

and you people *whine* when you have *what?* thousands of serverS?

leave me, singaporeans work with 3 servers! and one of them is SF, so make that 2!

come on guys... have pity here :cry:

i know this isnt related, but the top half of my post wwas

PS. (for all those who are gonna run and check my server history) i know i played on gameareana, wanna guess my pings? 350 - 400... yes i live with it..

Comment

this thread is still alive?

Comment

It just keep being revived....DIE dangit DIE!

f*cking medic whores....

Comment

Working...
                                X