No announcement yet.

The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just in: Househunting with Parents is still balls.

Comment

• Truly, this is a day of days. All of my hopes and dreams have culminated into this moment.

This totally makes up for getting screwed over on Medal of Honor and Halo 4.

Comment

• Really Zips? You are also planning a review xD?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimykx
          Really Zips? You are also planning a review xD?
          I have so much I need to review/preview already I CBA to deal with crap like that.

Also, you guys should really read this. I know many dislike going to the main page but this is a rather huge story here: http://totalgamingnetwork.com/conten...ogamer-Scandal

Comment

• I'll read it as soon as I get home today after classes.

AAaaahhh... Hangoverr..... must..go....to..BED...... (that's actually the abbreviation of a class I have in 15 minutes xD)

Comment

• $15...

Comment

• What do you think of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by 5t3v0 View Post
                  What do you think of it?
                  It's Windows 7 with some tweaks. Runs a bit faster, but it's barely noticeable since it's on an SSD, same as Win7 was. I like the task manager and file transfer windows. I use the Start menu as often as I did in 7, which is to say not often at all outside of hitting Winkey + Start typing for what I want to open, which works just fine in 8.

All my apps and stuff work just fine as well, only had to uninstall MSE, a Bluetooth driver, and a USB3.0 driver since all of that is built into 8. Games run fine, at least the couple I tried in Steam. Certainly takes some getting used to and I'm sure I'll be able to get into it more once I have my widescreen monitor again, but I like it. $15 and the most painless OS upgrade I ever did.

BTW: http://windowsupgradeoffer.com/

You have to have bought a computer between JUNE 2012 and JANUARY 2013 (ahem) ... In order to qualify for the $15 deal. At which point they will email you a code that you redeem at the checkout section after running the update utility. Drops it from $40 to $15.

Comment

• When I was using the preview I was using ClassicShell. Though I was using it on a netbook which didn't have the resolution required, so I kinda had to.

Also, because this laptop (with an APU... bleh...) isn't up to my standard... mainly, the standard of NOT HAVING INTEGRATED GRAPHICS, I'm thinking of getting a cheap/second hand gaming laptop/mid-end laptop, like maybe an Alienware m11x (the size is actually a plus imo if I'm studying) or m14x or one of lenovo's $650-$700 creations, though does anyone have any suggestions/tips for a new state-sider?

Comment

• Zips, my dad bought a laptop a month ago so he qualifies for it, but he does not care for W8. Do you know if I can get the code working to download it on another PC?

Oh and:

Awesome.

Comment

• It's just a coupon code you put in when checking out through the upgrade adviser app. Anybody can use it. I guess I was too subtle in my remarks above. Maybe I should add a wink wink nudge nudge there.

Comment

• Nice.

Also, If I change my mobo or do a huge hardware upgrade in a couple of months will I have any trouble with it?
                          I've read that the code is 'attached' to certain hardware and if it's changed the code won't work, but I don't know if thats true.

Comment

• I don't know. If it's anything like Win7/Vista, just say you updated your BIOS or updated a driver and they should fix it.

Comment

• So, Machinima reportedly received about 1,000 copies of Need for Speed: Most Wanted to give out to their partners to get video footage up of the game far ahead of the embargos for other sites. Even if that figure is an embellishment, saying a "few hundred copies" would still be just as meaningful here.

Me? I got nothing. Apparently review copies were "limited", even when I was merely asking for a review code that I could redeem, not even a physical copy. Getting real tired of this bullshit. Heard that about Halo 4, then Medal of Honor, and now this one. There is absolutely NO way that is a valid excuse when dealing with the PUBLISHER OF THE GAME. And it's especially bullshit when I read about Machinima partners getting tons of copies like that.

Comment

• MAchinima are a bunch of bastards and assholes

Comment

Working...
                                X