Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annnnnnnnnd voted.

Comment

• University is really different. I broke a new self record. I've been studying for more than seven hours straight and I still feel insecure for tomorrow's exam.

I guess the trick is to study beforehand.

Comment

• Actually if you study a reasonable amount of time and then get a good night's rest you will do better. Did some research for a project when i was getting my Masters that involved how sleep affects your cognitive reasoning. They found that when studying a new topic or new information and then followed up with a good night's rest that the subjects actually understood the material better. The theory is that when you learn new stuff it gets put into your...well brain file folders (like Windows folders). Then as you sleep you mind takes that new information/folders and organizes it in your mind(The Brain Filing Cabinet). Thus the next day you seem to know the information better than when you first crammed it in. Just a Theory mind you...but I've found it quite useful....And i think i just made a Windows 3.11 reference...lol
        "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

• Originally posted by DunkinSPE
          Actually if you study a reasonable amount of time and then get a good night's rest you will do better. Did some research for a project when i was getting my Masters that involved how sleep affects your cognitive reasoning. They found that when studying a new topic or new information and then followed up with a good night's rest that the subjects actually understood the material better. The theory is that when you learn new stuff it gets put into your...well brain file folders (like Windows folders). Then as you sleep you mind takes that new information/folders and organizes it in your mind(The Brain Filing Cabinet). Thus the next day you seem to know the information better than when you first crammed it in. Just a Theory mind you...but I've found it quite useful....And i think i just made a Windows 3.11 reference...lol

wow, thats interesting, gonna try that someday.

Oh, you like zombies?
          WWZ sneak peek:

Entertainment Tonight (ET) is the authoritative source on entertainment and celebrity news with unprecedented access to Hollywood's biggest stars, upcoming movies, and TV shows.

Sweet baby jesus, those are really hordes.
          Full World War Z trailer comes out this Thursday.

Comment

• Comment

• And the DOW is down about 300...yay America.
              "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

• That's how we roll!

Gas is going back up next, you heard it hear first ;D
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

• I think I need to take a break from reddit... just got into an argument about BF2's mod support in its heyday AND something to do with my religion... eeeh...

Edit: You know what? I just need a job. Which wouldn't be so hard if my parents had a place because I don't have a Drivers License, so I can't work far away. Sadly we are stuck in a hotel in San Diego again while they search for their own jobs. This anxiety is killing me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5t3v0 View Post
                    I think I need to take a break from reddit... just got into an argument about BF2's mod support in its heyday AND something to do with my religion... eeeh...

Edit: You know what? I just need a job. Which wouldn't be so hard if my parents had a place because I don't have a Drivers License, so I can't work far away. Sadly we are stuck in a hotel in San Diego again while they search for their own jobs. This anxiety is killing me.
                    Was San Diego a choice or just a chance that ya'll ended up there? What are their professions/technical skills?

Comment

• I've got some invites to Dota 2 that I can give out. Let me know if you want one. Otherwise, I'll give them away on Twitter in a couple of days.

Comment

• well My dads on a Psoriasis Drug trial so we have to be here. My mums in Insurance and my dads mainly retail management for places like Home Depot. We've been in San Diego for around 2-3 weeks or so. I've lost track of time...

Comment

• Been playing Halo 4 campaign for a while now ... the CG is fucking incredible, one of the best I've seen in recent gaming memory.

Also, some of the in-game cinematics are graphically awesome too, I didn't know the 360 still had some juice in it.

Comment

• Man, that was really good. Like a movie. Now I want to know the rest

Comment

• Here's the WWZ trailer

Comment

• Saw that... CG looks questionable. Never read the book, but I've wanted to and still do.

ALSO, just got done playing some PlanetSide 2 for the first time in a few months. It used to be an unplayable mess with respect to framerate, now it runs one hell of a lot better! Had a lot of fun, though I'm still learning the ropes.

Comment

Working...
                                X