Modern Warfare 2 Overtakes Counter-Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Warfare 2 Overtakes Counter-Strike

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time the Counter-Strike player count has been surpassed by another title on Steam?

The question now is, is this the start of a trend where Counter-Strike is not perpetually tops among the online FPS crowd for PC? Or is this just a passing trend? Just a little something to look at and ponder.

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Overtakes Counter-Strike

It will pass

Comment

Originally posted by Munra View Post
      It will pass
      FOR SURE. It is just like any other new game - fun for a while, but then you miss cs

Comment

Pass. just a hyped title people gotta try then realize that the network code blows balls and then realize that P2P was a dumb idea and move on back to dedicated

Comment

Yeah it won at people online at the time of the screenshot... It does't even beak the CS peak, so it still fails and is a terrible game.

Comment

Modern Warfare does not compete with cs. That's a foolish game to compare.

In reality, mw2 is a great game, but after I've paid $60 (not including tax) to play a game where ALL multiplayer is laggy, and I feel constantly cheated by low iq managers of underpayed computer science majors (the low iq, the managers, not the comp sci majors), I genuinely feel disgusted. This game has nothing but potential, especially since the developers stole so many ideas from the community that devloped this game. If only the developers could have the realization the community does. If only the community got the money it deserved that the developers stole. It's actually quite hard not to be bitter.

Sorry if I seem a little angry. Morales don't seem to be in high demand lately.

Comment

Note that BOTH CS1.6 and CSS are up their in the top 3. COD:WAW is so far down it's not even funny and has just 296 players... and COD4 is hardly any better. (yes I know only a fraction of COD players for COD4 play on steam, I'm just quoting the numbers shown)

Obviously sooner or later CS will get overtaken, but just not by a POS like MW2...

PS : at time of posting CSS has overtaken MW2... so there we have it, just a passing trend

Comment

wow cs1.6 is at an all time low.
                I remember it averaging at close to 120K players.

Comment

Originally posted by Sintra View Post
                  wow cs1.6 is at an all time low.
                  I remember it averaging at close to 120K players.
                  I think there are just too many new games out there that people are trying. That and since CAL went down I know a lot of people who just don't play anymore. IMO Cevo is the next best thing and their website is horrible! Your only other real option costs $6 a month + entry fees (what a joke). I'll stick to Cevo and #calscrim. I can still find 8am scrims when I wake up early for no reason, so I'm still happy with the amount of players out there, but it is headed downward.

I can play other games, but I just feel like I can't control them as well as I can control CS. I feel like there is some kind of barrier between what I want to do and how I have to do it. CS feels natural, and I've yet to play a game that feels anything like it.

Comment

Well imagine where a new CS game would be (if done right) though valve doesn't seem interested in the idea at all.

Comment

So hope that valve are secretly working on a new CS :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Nosfera7u View Post
                        So hope that valve are secretly working on a new CS :-)
                        I do know they're working on ... something.

Comment

i'm surprised that CS is the main game played on steam yet gets the LEAST amount updates.

compare TFC2 and CSS and it's like 100 to 1 on the update scale!

Comment

MW2 WILL win nomatter what

Comment

aaaaaand after almost a year, the CS games are back in the lead .

Comment

Working...
                              X