This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS 1.6 BETA Update

The Counter-Strike 1.6 BETA (click for more info on CS 1.6) will not be released today, it seems. Last Month, VALVe said it was shooting for a January 7th public release of CS 1.6's BETA. Well, VALVe, like many great companies, is filled with optimists.

CS 1.6 BETA will probably not be released this week. By "probably" I mean almost certainly, but stranger things have happened than VALVe pushing up a release date. Not too many stranger things, but still!

I've spoken with Erik Johnson and it's clear that this thing is close to being done, but overall this BETA program isn't about your benefit; it's about ironing out bugs. I can assure you that and the rest of VALVe's CS crew is working very hard for you guys. Right now, the release date is depending strictly on the amount of bugs VALVe encounters in its own testing.

If you have any questions or concerns about CS 1.6 BETA and/or Steam 2, check out our Next Version Information page.

Oh well. I'm willing to wait to make sure all the bugs are ironed out.

Comment

Thats for clearing this up rizzuh.

Comment

Perhaps we can all sleep now

Comment

Ok everyone, you know what to do: PANIC AND FREAK OUT!

Comment

i predict never.

Comment

yes, 'thats' for clearing it up

Comment

Well at least we got WMp9 today

*runs through the streets naked rejoicing*

Comment

AceR you are very negative. Do you perhaps suffer from depression?

Comment

thanks, not exactly the news i wanted but at least its cleared up. I would have had to stay up all night if not and wait for it..I mean, wouldnt you guys? haha

Comment

=(

I was in a game when my trillian popped up with the "CS 1.6 Beta Update" csnation news update thingy and I got all happy thinking it came out. I even told the ppl on the server that it cs1.6b was out before i left. >:O

Comment

He is the closest so far

Comment

Edited by [user="3298"] @ [time="1041985610"]

:/ I didn't go to school today, cause the release. And now it's delayed!! I'm soo happy.

k, I won't go school tomorrow, I'm too tired. ty valve.

/1:20am here/

nite.

um

it's snowing still

valvE give us the snow!!

Erik Johnson & others should post here what happens at VALVe everyday..!

Comment

I just think it would have been better if VALVE themselves had announced that it wasnt going to be released today like yesterday or even this morning. Lots of people have been on the steam forum all day waiting for it, and a few kids on it said they skipped skool so they could download it. But yea, VALVE should have posted an update somewhere, just to let people know. oh well.

Comment

FLeK0 wrote..

:/ I didn't go to school today, cause the release. And now it's delayed!! I'm soo happy.

k, I won't go school tomorrow, I'm too tired. ty valve.

/1:20am here/

nite.
                              OH. MY. GOD.

You sir are an addict and need to have your comp taken away. <3 tho, but man, people that do that are wack D:

Comment

Working...
                              X