Crackdown 3 Delayed... Again... This Time Until 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackdown 3 Delayed... Again... This Time Until 2018

Announced back at E3 in 2014, Crackdown 3 is once again hit with a delay. The game initially targeted a release in late 2016. I suppose technically, this is its first "official" delay since it was never given a "firm" release date until earlier this year but still, three years. That's over three years across three different developers no less.

Anyway, this latest delay pushes the game to a "Spring 2018" release. This update comes from Microsoft Studios Publishing General Manager, Shannon Loftis, in an email with Polygon.
    “We’re very excited about Crackdown 3, and so are many fans, and so it’s a difficult call to move the release date. However, we want to make sure to deliver the right game, with the right quality, and at the right time. Crackdown 3 is a hugely ambitious game and we want to ensure we deliver the right experiences all the way through every part of the game, whether that’s campaign, co-op multiplayer or our competitive multiplayer mode, Wrecking Zone. Getting the balance right between the three modes is important, and we are going to take the extra development time to ensure that. Gamers can expect Crackdown 3 in Spring of 2018.

“Crackdown 3 is an incredibly ambitious project that pushes the technological envelope with immersive true 4K gameplay, cloud-computing competitive multiplayer and a sprawling and futuristic open world,” Loftis said when asked about the challenges the development teams have faced over the years. “The team has been working extremely hard to deliver a great experience for fans and this extra time will help us do just that.

“What we showed at E3 was a preview of the game, and is a great indicator of the level of mayhem and vertical platforming action you can expect from Crackdown 3. Among other items, we are taking the extra time to focus on the visual polish so gamers can feel completely immersed in a living world. We want them to really feel the larger-than life enemies as they’re exploring the expansive open world, combatting crime and collecting orbs.”

Maybe four years of development time with three developers will be the winning combination. Maybe. I know I'm not going to be holding my breath though.
Working...
X