Point of Existence 2 v1.7 Client Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Point of Existence 2 v1.7 Client Released

I would suggest servers that get smaller numbers of players consider looking at incursion. You will find that it takes far less players to get a good game going (we found ~6-8 was a good starting number). 64 player incursion games will get old extremely fast.

Our poe3.pointofexistence.com server is running 24.7 incursion with a (42?) player limit. If you have a couple friends and want to check out the gamemode, that might be a good place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Elxx View Post
      Those of you who have downloaded/are downloading PoE2 from Modjive, I'd like to know how it's going. I made a topic in the Modjive forum for your feedback...if you have a free minute, let me know your thoughts. Spawn, please don't hurt me.
      Well first off Thanks for modjive

2nd D/l is going ok just slow im
      @ 48% with 3 hrs to go

I am sure it will be worth the wait
      coming from the POE team and im
      sure its Well worth all this bacardi im
      going through while waiting lol.

Congrats To the POE team and thanks
      for all the hard work cant wait to dip out
      of vbf2 for a while.

ModJive Rocks thanks again for that as well.

Comment

i just finished downloading ...cant wait to play

Comment

dowloaded and played it the day of release...all i can say is wow. you guys really outdone yourselves on this. very nice job on the maps, they are alot of fun. by far the best playing experience ive had with any of the bf2 franchise.
          love the Olesko Keep map, as well as Assault on Odessa.
          I just really hope enough ppl will keep playing to fill a few servers- no doubt in my mind they will.
          again awesome job! their must be some pretty skilled people on your mod team.
          Keep up the great work.

DarkDayz

Comment

Downloaded...played...big thumbs up to the POE2 team...great looking maps and gameplay....hopefully the introduction of the marine corps will bring in more US players...but not looking too bad server side atm...plenty of people playing....a pity my aim isnt better:laugh:

Comment

yea ...my first 2 kills with both with knife on the bigest map in da game XDXDXD

Comment

Keep getting error regarding modified content when trying to enter servers. Nothing is modded though.

Bill3508

Comment

An excellent update to one of my favourite mod series. PoE 1 was a blast, and I'm getting huge grins from PoE2. The maps are beautiful, sometimes a little too detailed for my specs but I can't complain.

What is annoying (and this is a general BF2 issue rather than PoE, but it is affected) is some kind of memory leak that hits my fps hard after about 90 mins and makes my game unplayable. Everything shudders to a halt, quiting the game leaves the system in a shambles and I have to restart the computer. Could anyone shed some light on this issue?

I was having a great time teaming up with a Hind-24 pilot to take out some tanks until this issue arose, we got shot out of the sky a lot but we took out the enemy more :yay: .

All in all, we've been spoiled for quality mod releases this week, and PoE edges out PR. A big thank-you to everyone involved with the project!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3508 View Post
                    Keep getting error regarding modified content when trying to enter servers. Nothing is modded though.

Bill3508
                    apply 1.41 patch and/or reinstall the mod that sometimes works...but your not the only one that has had this issue and used these fixes to make it better.

Comment

Originally posted by HaVOCK-ElEEt View Post
                      The idea of being on the winning side isn't enough. Everyone wants a big kill number, which is more important than their team marching to victory. :shakehead:
                      That has to do with "Stats" and being on the "Top" of the leader board. It is all personal gain, with no real gratitude toward your team winning. It is where EA ruined the game in my opinion, by introducing the stats system. There really was nothing wrong with the old setup of Battlefield games of the past.

That is also why there is such a plethora of "enhancement" programs running rampant these days for all the various games out there. People don't want to have to resort to skill. They just want to be on top at any cost. Just for the sake of seeing their name up at the top of the list.

Same reason for all the stat padders and another reason why mods will and do have a hard time succeeding within BF2.

Mods, typically, are not ranked. Since there is no rank, only the die-hard fans of the mod will play, but only for awhile, until they and their friends see themselves being left behind on the ranking/leader board for vanilla. Then they too, slowly drift away.

In any case, I like POE and I hope they succeed and run for awhile. :nod:

Comment

Just spent about 4 hours playing...had a blast!

Lost every round too! We would set up base at 1 flag, and have the enemy come at us all round....even though we lost it was still hella fun defending that one point from the onslaught of enemy's from all around....

Comment

Just wanted to follow up by saying I had a blast yesterday on an Aussie server, playing 16's infantry battles I was up against Ga-Gnomboe boy for most of the afternoon and he's a challenging little bastard, lol. Well done guys, this release is great, but it would be even nicer to see a little more SP support *hint hint* in the future Great maps and weapons. Excellent release :salute:

Comment

more AI is coming kysterama, it was good playing with ya, we could use more aussie players

Comment

sad, got on higns settings CTD on Odessa and crimea. 86 % laoded on Odessa.

resinstalled POE, but no success. Berezan work online...

strange.

Comment

odessa seems to be a hog on even the strongest of systems, i dropped my settings a little and it ran tons better, i think this is being looked into

Comment

Working...
                                X