Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Point of Existence 2 v1.7 Client Released

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
    I won't enforce a no bunny hopping rule... jumping is part of the game as is going prone or running for that matter.
    Last I checked almost everyone hates bunny hopping and almost no one hates running.

And to keep a little realism to the game allowing jumping and shooting would be a good thing.
    Realism = jump shoot? Haha. No thats not funny.

The one thing DCON Devs did to that Mod was put back jumping and shooting and that was great to be able to do again.
    You forgot to mention DCON is also reducing jumping height.
    Neither POE2 nor DCON is PR.
    POE2 devs does get upset if you mention the word "realism" too often.
    But they are not taking the complete opposite approach of vBF2 neither.

Comment

Originally posted by tekkyy View Post
      Last I checked almost everyone hates bunny hopping and almost no one hates running.
      Please join our server, I love easy kills.

So tell me, when you are being shot at and you can't ascertain the direction, you just run or sprint for cover and take no evasive actions to keep yourself alive??????

You know what I like to do in my spare time? I like to go into servers where the big bunny hopping haters are using one of my secondary accounts, and then using FRAPS to record their movements while I'm in a squad with them. What's even more funny, is that pretty much every big loudmouth bunny hopping hater, will automatically jump when bullets hit the ground around them...and you know how I know this? Because I'm the one behind them shooting the ground ROFL!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Jaws View Post
        Please join our server, I love easy kills.

So tell me, when you are being shot at and you can't ascertain the direction, you just run or sprint for cover and take no evasive actions to keep yourself alive??????

You know what I like to do in my spare time? I like to go into servers where the big bunny hopping haters are using one of my secondary accounts, and then using FRAPS to record their movements while I'm in a squad with them. What's even more funny, is that pretty much every big loudmouth bunny hopping hater, will automatically jump when bullets hit the ground around them...and you know how I know this? Because I'm the one behind them shooting the ground ROFL!!!!!
        Wow...in my spare time, I hang out with my wife, run errands, do wok around the house, read books and once in a while find time to play...all in one night normally too.

As for the whole realism crap-talk; I was only proving that realism in videogames is a redundant statement...the simple fact that an attack helo rarely joins in on a battle unless called upon for coordinated attacks is to prove that this game isn't real. The same can be said about a MIG-xx series jet coming in 2-3 feet off the ground after doing a loop over your head. Or a j-10 escaping a f35b 8 out of 10 times

All that said, POE2 is a great mod for an already great game, they just improved on all the things BF2 did wrong. In POE2, if you're in my sights, you die. If I'm in your sights, I die. I can sprint and run but I can't bunny hop, and I still find a way to avoid being killed. Those who need to resort to bunny hopping are just mad such a great mod won't offer it since they'll be killed more often. How about thinking before you move in?

Whatever, again, my statements weren't made to pretend the game was real, rather that I play it so I can "pretend" that I'm actually shooting you and that if I do, you die. Simple as that. I've always found a way to survive without resorting to bunny hopping. You should too.

PEACE

Comment

Welll lets not steal the glory away from the MOD cause it is very good!

I'm just asking for a server side "ON AND OFF" switch for jumping and shooting...

But jaws is right, anytime I see someone getting shot 95% of the time they start jumping. Take a pack of blackcat firecrackers and toss them at someones feet from behind them... and tell me if they jump or not.

Ohh and I've removed friendly fire from the server.. this should be a big change from the other servers.

Comment

LOL @ 'realism in games' being a redundant statement. Gimme a break dude. There's are always SOME elements of realism you can add to a video game. You can kill someone in 3-4 shots as opposed to 20. You can have weapons/vehicles/etc resemble their REAL LIFE counterparts. You can actually include a realistic faction like the USMC, PLA or German army. ETC ETC ETC

With your logic the PoE devs might as well model Cylons versus Jedi Knights because 'realism is redundant.' Hell, why don't they even add the Golden Gun while they're at it!!!!!

And yes removing the ability to jump and shoot is not only good for gameplay (because of BF2's shoddy netcode), but also because it looks DUMB when some dude if jumping 5ft in the air and firing a ****ing RPG at the same time. You guys sound like the people who complained when dolphin diving was removed 'because it took skill.' Do us all a favor and stick to your rocket jumps in Team Fortress.

EDIT: Greasy feel free to take the pic dude. Its certainly not mine as I stole it from another forums, hehe.

Comment

Let me point out just how flawed your logic is on this....there is absolutely NO realism in the Battlefield series. NONE.

I can prove it with one example in BF2 by asking you one simple question...

When was the last time you healed bullet wounds by using shock paddles?

It's a game and nothing more. You could jump and shoot in Forgotten Hope 1 for BF42.
              DITTO DITTO DITTO

If u want a game that is concerned about reality then play Paintball or something. At least you will sweat, and run, and maybe even get hurt a little.

I dont care about the details too much anyway. If its fast paced, fun, bloody, and there are a bunch of talented players online, I am going to play it. POE2 is great, its turned into one of my all time favorites.:nod:

Comment

You could jump and shoot in Forgotten Hope 1 for BF42.
                Wow, I've played FH for BF1942 for a while and I must say, I completely forgot that you could jump shoot at the same time in FH. One of the reasons why I probably forgot about it because no one did it whenever I played. One of the reasons why is when you jump your accuracy decreases by a lot, your crosshairs would spread like crazy... Trying jump shooting with that MG42 in your hand, you'd be hitting everything but your target :laugh:

Comment

Also the jump height in 1942 was no where near what it is in BF2.

Comment

I downloaded, tried to extract and got "Unknown or damaged", wtf???

Comment

It's a game and nothing more. You could jump and shoot in Forgotten Hope 1 for BF42.
                      because we didn't find a system to disable that. Jaws, I dare you to join a FH2 server when we release, if you see me ONE single time bunnyhopping, no matter what's raining around, I send you my Harley Davidson and her green card.

Bunnyhopping is the cancer of FPS's, period. And no, it's not about hardcore realism, it's about to die with style.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo[FH] View Post
                        because we didn't find a system to disable that. Jaws, I dare you to join a FH2 server when we release, if you see me ONE single time bunnyhopping, no matter what's raining around, I send you my Harley Davidson and her green card.

Bunnyhopping is the cancer of FPS's, period. And no, it's not about hardcore realism, it's about to die with style.

what you you jumping over a wall in combat just to get over it thou

thou I agree on all points

Comment

haha, to jump over a wall is ok, so bad we can't use the CoD2 system for this though

Comment

sheesh, like it or not, play it or not. Or make your own mod and do what you want.
                            Thanks for the 2+ years of hard work POE devs, its a really great well rounded game and for free content it kicks bf2's arse. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo[FH] View Post
                              Excpet that your not going to die, or get hurt are you?

I disagree with this, but its pure opinion anyways. The death of this series is about EA, and the kind of players flocking to it. Players are younger, with big rigs that only older kids used to be able to afford. Ill buy my son a 2,000 dollar computer when hell freezes.

Bunny hopping only makes me mad when my shots miss a target, but I do it when someone is firing at me. JAWS is being both honest, and on the money. The whiners dont resist the urge to bunny hop, I would bet my softtail against your baby on that one.

I will play mods with bunny hopping, and ones without it as well. If you get rid of hooping, then people will complain that "you cant run that fast in real life", its a never ending cycle. I love playing tribes vengance, all though not of it is realistic is it? We have a combat simulator style mod called PR. People love it, or dont care for it, very little in between.

POE2 devs are hardly touching the topic, but it a good way to let other people keep your thread at the top, so no point in stopping it either, lol.

Comment

No, no, I understand is a matter of taste, I respect that. But there is an argument that always annoy me, to get rid of bunnyhopping doesn't mean a game becomes a harcore military sim, it just means the players will perform like real soldiers, not like grasshopper on crack, bunnyhopping ruins the atmosphere.

Yeah, we have PR, so what?

/bumping

Comment

Working...
                                X