Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Point of Existence 2 v1.7 Client Released

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
    odessa seems to be a hog on even the strongest of systems, i dropped my settings a little and it ran tons better, i think this is being looked into
    Well, imo, Odessa is really suited for those big tournaments. TBH, it's just too damn big. It's so big that when our server was damn near full, we put on the 16 player version and it was still tough to find people to shoot lol. I think that the map, while visually stunning, needs a serious flag/combat area makeover. With such a large area and lack of vehicles to get from flag to flag, people resort to hoofing it on foot and because other players know that there will be a lot of infantry walking on foot...those players go sniper and just wait. So it becomes a borefest.

Comment

I'd like to see longer sprint times or distance pushed in the next patch.
      Also lets be real guys..how about adding in being able to jump and shoot at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by sava700
        Also lets be real guys..how about adding in being able to jump and shoot at the same time?
        We try to deter bunny hopping. Giving back the ability to jump and shoot wouldn't help there, at all

Comment

Originally posted by D_FAST View Post
          We try to deter bunny hopping. Giving back the ability to jump and shoot wouldn't help there, at all
          I won't enforce a no bunny hopping rule... jumping is part of the game as is going prone or running for that matter. And to keep a little realism to the game allowing jumping and shooting would be a good thing. The one thing DCON Devs did to that Mod was put back jumping and shooting and that was great to be able to do again. If i'm getting shot at i'll do whatever I need to do to avoid getting hit if that includes standing on my head and what have ya.

I really think yall should reconsider it, sure you will have some people go HAXOR!!! BUNNYHOPPER!! but big deal....or better yet make it a server side option!

Comment

ugh, don't listen to sava, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I've shot rifles before, and trust me, there is a 0% chance that you wouldn't; a) hurt yourself incredibly, b) miss your shot completely, c) not look like an idiot

I'm not a big fan of realism, but I am a big fan of "if I shot you first, you should die first". Not, "if I shoot you first, all you have to do is bounce your arse away and then lay down prone and take out the oppressor"

Bunny hopping should be discouraged, but should be something that is implemented from the get go as not to allow admins to say "oh, he jumped away from me when I shot at him, kick him". As for the jumping itself, you CAN jump, just not continuously.

Again, he doesn't know what he's talking about, he must be drunk or something...I know I want to be

Comment

Originally posted by machstem View Post

Bunny hopping should be discouraged, but should be something that is implemented from the get go as not to allow admins to say "oh, he jumped away from me when I shot at him, kick him". As for the jumping itself, you CAN jump, just not continuously.
              I don't think any thing you do to avoid fire should be discouraged..what you going to do when your in a jet and someone locks on you? You going to tell people next they can't do rolls or flips to avoid a missle? Everyone has the same abilities in game so nobody has a single advantage over another.

Again case in point is telling someone they can't jump to avoid fire(bunny hopping) is like telling people they can't go prone or run to avoid fire.

Comment

Yes, slower running speed and longer sprint time would be a plus to slow down gameplay but longer sprint plus being able to jump and shoot at the same time... Show me a video of a soldier sprinting while jumping up and down while firing his weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
                  Yes, slower running speed and longer sprint time would be a plus to slow down gameplay but longer sprint plus being able to jump and shoot at the same time... Show me a video of a soldier sprinting while jumping up and down while firing his weapon.
                  watch transformers... i'm sure you will see plenty of it

Comment

sava, I won't dispute you anymore, but I will leave you with this: ET: Quake Wars will be the game that's just for your type of "realism". Completely unrealistic battle sequences that are made to seem realistic

Have fun with that, we'll stick to this mod for now.

PEACE

Comment

• Re: Point of Existence 2 v1.7 Client Released

First of all, POE2 is kicking *** with this release. Its fast, bloody, and the weapons are deadly.

Jumping while shooting is a bad idea. But, For the people who talk about reality and human experience in games make me laugh. So what if you can't do it in real life? You also don't die like in real life, and you don't have to kill anyone else, like in real life.

If your interested in reality, then join the military and experience reality. Its not a game, and its not fun. If you are already serving, then you have my thanks and my prayers. Otherwise your just like me, having fun, when people are actually dieing.

Sorry to be melodramatic, but its looking sick to me lately. Reality is something totally different from any of this. Now bring me the Skeleton pirates mod!!!!

P.S. Make sure the skeletons sound like actual skeletons. I will except nothing else.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fishw0rk View Post
                          LOL, that pic is awesome! I need permission to use that!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishw0rk View Post
                            picard image

nice but DCON did it and thats one of the few things I enjoyed about their mod.. seemed to be accepted well in the mod.

Don't get me wrong this MOD is GREAT! I love it all..just looking at a server side option to give admins...something to switch on and off if anything.

Comment

sava, I won't dispute you anymore, but I will leave you with this: ET: Quake Wars will be the game that's just for your type of "realism". Completely unrealistic battle sequences that are made to seem realistic

Have fun with that, we'll stick to this mod for now.

PEACE

Let me point out just how flawed your logic is on this....there is absolutely NO realism in the Battlefield series. NONE.

I can prove it with one example in BF2 by asking you one simple question...

When was the last time you healed bullet wounds by using shock paddles?

It's a game and nothing more. You could jump and shoot in Forgotten Hope 1 for BF42.

Comment

ugh, don't listen to sava, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I've shot rifles before, and trust me, there is a 0% chance that you wouldn't; a) hurt yourself incredibly, b) miss your shot completely, c) not look like an idiot

I'm not a big fan of realism...
                                Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
                                Show me a video of a soldier sprinting while jumping up and down while firing his weapon.

I didn't buy Battlefield 2 for realism, and Point of Existence 2 isn't Project Reality. Also, real-life combat isn't fun.

Honestly, how are these annoying realism arguments not completely put to bed yet? :wall:

Comment

Working...
                                X