Forgotten Hope 2 Mod Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgotten Hope 2 Mod Update

I wish people would embrace free entertainment......the mod dev teams work hard to give you your entertainment. All you guys can do is complain. get a life is all I have to say. Sad examples of human beings I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackice007
      I wish people would embrace free entertainment......the mod dev teams work hard to give you your entertainment. All you guys can do is complain. get a life is all I have to say. Sad examples of human beings I tell you.
      What does being 'free' have to do with anything?

Just because its free, it doesnt mean its above being criticized or a person cannot express an opinion on it.

Get over yourself o'talented one.

And being free doesnt guarantee that something is going to be any good, as we have seen with every mod released so far, they have been free and they have all been ****.

Comment

Originally posted by HARMZ View Post
        And being free doesnt guarantee that something is going to be any good, as we have seen with every mod released so far, they have been free and they have all been ****.
        Anyone who is complaining about the release date should read this (not referring to you HARMZ). Maybe quality takes some time? Obviously yes. Most mods are becoming better and better after each new version. I believe FH is just skipping these crappy versions and release a decent version to begin with. This takes time. (but we will have to wait till summer to see if this is true )

Comment

looking good guys. keep up the hard work and ignoring the blather

Comment

Excellent stuff coming from the FH2 dev team.. Can't wait to get to use it myself!!!

Comment

My belief is that they should be taking the updates more seriously.

Rather than show a few pics of a tank or a nade they could be releasing dev diaries which others have done, some video's, something more which will show the fans exactly where they are at with this mod.

If the mod is due to be released some time in the next 3 months ,now is the time to really ramp up the advertising and promotion so as to whet the appetite of the player base.

Im not having a go at the quality of the work they do but cmon put some effort and thought, some creativity into the information you release.

And i take back the 'all the mods are ****' comment, ive played them and enjoyed them all.

Comment

You make no sense, really.... I know what you're trying to say but it seems like you just don't listen!

They don't have much stuff to show so that's why they don't wanna waste it on one big update, when they're ready they will release something very important like a gameplay video, but because that stuff isn't perfect or ready they can't release it. Plus FH2 release more media than any other mod so why are you complaining?

My guess is that you're the kind of person that wants to wait 2 months for only big updates instead of seeing small progress updates every week or so..

Comment

is it me or where there released ingame vids just 2 weeks ago..

it's funny. the usally complaint is the FH team is actully showing to much stuff.. (how you are able to complain about that is beyond me)

Comment

Not every week is posible to finish and show 14 screens of a new map, or 3 tanks and 5 planes, or a new player model fully equiped, or a video with a dozen weapons animated and with sounds.

But let me tell you one thing, that...car...is the product of the work of months of lot of people (and a very complicated piece of moding, btw), you could show some respect or keep your absurd nonsense for yourself.

Comment

Animation for that grenade should be interesting. Need to flip the cup off, and hope the wool material inside doesnt stick to your arm, heh.

Comment

I know the hard work that goes into this stuff, and I want to say awesome job!! Even if you got one new thing to show, I want to see it.

Don't let people's neg commets bother you. Just let it go.

Believe me all us modders take one look at that vehicle and say..........WOW! sweeet!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo[FH] View Post
                          Not every week is posible to finish and show 14 screens of a new map, or 3 tanks and 5 planes, or a new player model fully equiped, or a video with a dozen weapons animated and with sounds.

But let me tell you one thing, that...car...is the product of the work of months of lot of people (and a very complicated piece of moding, btw), you could show some respect or keep your absurd nonsense for yourself.
                          Dont be so precious, bf2 has been out for what 2 years, and you still showing screenshots of hand grenades..

You must have something more substantial tucked away somewhere.

How many maps are finished by the way, percentage wise how much of the mod is completed.

Give us some more useful info about where the mod is at.

Comment

Dont be so precious, bf2 has been out for what 2 years
                            You guys just don't get it. We didn't get a properly working export tool for max until June 10 2006. Before that exporting was screwing stuff up.

And the poor guys working with Maya pretty much got no support or updates.

Just about everything from codeing, textureing, animating, vehicle construction we had to learn on our own from each other, no support from Dice or EA. We had to figure all this **** out ourselves.

Probley a year was just spent on the learning process. (for me anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by [EoD]Vic View Post
                              You guys just don't get it. We didn't get a properly working export tool for max until June 10 2006. Before that exporting was screwing stuff up.

And the poor guys working with Maya pretty much got no support or updates.

Just about everything from codeing, textureing, animating, vehicle construction we had to learn on our own from each other, no support from Dice or EA. We had to figure all this **** out ourselves.

Probley a year was just spent on the learning process. (for me anyway)
                              Ok thx for the insight vic, this is the sort of stuff that i wanna know and that you should talk about more.

I like to hear about the trials and tribulations of making the mod, what they're working on right now, the details involved so to speak, rather than looking at screenshots.

It sounds like the bf2 engine is a bastard to work with anyhow.

Comment

Very ignorant comment HARMZ! If you look at all the mods that have been released, it has taken all serious mods quite some time to release.. FH2 is a more or less complete work over from vanilla BF2. The first mods released for BF2 were just add-ons or limited modification to existing vanilla.. like some new weapon/clothe/vehicle-skins but still using most of the vanilla code..

Thanks to the Black Sands studio (I think it was called) initiativ it has accelerated mod production as the mod teams are sharing not only expirience but models and skins and much much more..

Comment

Working...
                                X