X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remove Commander mode.

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
    Artillery is the "God of War"

Many a battle was decided by ARTY. In fact during Gettysburg a whole infantry division was destroyed by ARTY trying to cross one mile of open field. In France a entire German unit was totally eradicated by arty to this day that place is called Iron corner or something to that effect. And finally we need to learn that Artillery can erase a stubborn enemy group in a intense firefight, not to rob infantry of the oppertunity to kill the opponets with thier weapons.
    Reality doesn't equal fun gameplay.

Comment

It's how it is and you can't do anything about it. It sucks I know, but you can't deny that every time you see your artillery symbol over an enemy tank that has a sniper pinned down, you smile. You are just ****ed cuz you probably went into a server where arty was being spammed. I hate when that happens too but what r u gonna do?

Comment

Well instead of trying to get a company that doesn't care about you to change a major feature of a game that thousands of people are already playing why don't you just rent your own unranked server and make up your own rules like no commanders for example. But wait... that would make sense and work, thus removing an excuse for people who want everything their way to complain. Well, thats no fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky-Strike90
          It's how it is and you can't do anything about it. It sucks I know, but you can't deny that every time you see your artillery symbol over an enemy tank that has a sniper pinned down, you smile.
          Artillery rarely kills tanks - I laugh at commanders who waste their time trying to do it.

So no.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
            Artillery rarely kills tanks - I laugh at commanders who waste their time trying to do it.
            Sometimes you get lucky...I took out a tank and a hovering attack chopper at the same time just yesterday with an arty strike.

Comment

I have always said it killed the sniper option, to easy to find.... why take your time to get set up when you can be seen and killed so easy by a guy on the other side of the map. and i say this from a guy who likes playing in command mode.

vast change, but for better game play. lave the sniper free from UAV. plus who need UVA just go to a plays and do like you would to tell your players were a player is and it auto goes to anyone in your vision on the map... mad i know

So no.
              done it many a time with tanks probably damaged, but i go after them even if you dont kill them its worth the damage to help team mates finsih the tank off

Comment

Originally posted by sav112
                done it many a time with tanks probably damaged, but i go after them even if you dont kill them its worth the damage to help team mates finsih the tank off
                May just be me, but if I have the means to destroy a tank, I do it - I don't wait around for artillery to soften it up.

Comment

Originally posted by iostreamz
                  If you're standing still.
                  Spec ops are invisible to scans whilst standing still?!?! i didnt know that. i think snipers should be invisible to scans,moving or not. Everything should be clear in a uav though

Comment

yeah we had to read both Black Hawk Down and Band of Brothers for Army ROTC back in college...

friggin 20 page reports and 30 min presentation on them too :evil:

Comment

I revive this post is because I am returning from a revisit of BF1942. There is a big difference between the artillery features of both games.

In BF1942, I can hardly strike with much precision, and there must be a scout out there to relay the target spot back to the artillery units. First, it has wasted the time to find the right spot to fire upon. Secondly, it hardly kills any enemy either by way of colateral damage or surgical hit.

In BF2, the artillery is way much more effective and productive in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornbread Mafia
                        I don't like the Commander system because i hate having great firefights destroyed by Artillery. Just as you get front lines established and/or get a group of teammates in close proximity, here comes the Artillery...

How the hell can a game promote teamwork, but allow it to be destroyed with the finger of one individual. Maybe if the snipers were used to spot Artillery targets?

And of course one of the failures of SF is the artillery. HELL, EA/Dice. this is close quarters combat, and in many cases, covert activity, yet we have artillery strikes at a near constant? Bull F'n Sh!t !!! Pull your head outta your A$$ EA/Dice..
                        Amen!

here I am sneaking up on the enemy....got the knife out....pull back to stab....blam..arty strike...dead again

here I am again....careful aim....finger on the trigger....just one more fraction of a sec.........blam....arty strike

and here's my squad, battling the enemy...oh yeah, getting the best of them.....yeah, the squad is mopping up the enemy....uh oh.....blam you guessed it, squad just got wiped out by arty......my my are we having fun yet?

Should be a server side option....even on ranked servers

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
                        you can hear the shell coming down, and just avoid. as you said you camp in one place for too long, that's like asking for it.
                        yes, you can hear the shell coming down, by that time it's too late. You you must be a really great player to "just avoid".

Comment

COMMANDER MODE is dumb as hell..

They tried to get cute by adding it.. but really all it does is ruin more
                          games than not.. far far far far far too often I get a useless commander
                          who either does nothing, or only helps himself, or fights all game trying
                          to get his 2x bonus or hops in a jet or chopper..

commander mode should be a server option. simple.

As the original poster states, I couldnt agree more... what kind of
                          dumbasses put in a sniper class, which is supposed to be a stealth
                          class.. and then takes stealth out of the game totally with the gay ass
                          radars..

I served in Desert Strorm.. Ive used many of the weapons in this game..
                          NEVER were we priviledged to a magical radar that showed all our enemies
                          on a screen, and even worse which way they are facing.

Artillery spam.... skilless.. boo..

Make squad leaders capable of dropping supplies every minute or two
                          like the commander does now, and do away with the gay ass commander
                          role totally.. its dumb and so fake.

Hey, heres an idea, while DICE is adding magical and mystical made up b.s.
                          to the game, why dont they just add in some light sabres and tie fighters
                          for the game.. yeah..

Comment

frankly, commander + tools is good for the game, even though it's not very obvious at first

First of all, snipers/spec ops shouldn't get immunity to scan, if not for anything else, but to help hunt them down when all flags are capped. Without scan, even if they did show up in UAV, cmdr can't find them to place the UAV properly. Waiting for some guy in a crane to get a clue is just horrible.

Second, lots of people complain about sort of "whack-a-mole" gameplay regarding flag captures. You know, when flags just get capped and capped back everywhere with nobody defending them. Without UAV/scan (or some classes not showing up in them), there'd just be zero defence going on, you could go from point A to B pretty much unobstructed, with all the holes and corners to hide in. Right now commanders can at least TRY to get people to plug holes in lines and go defend some flag.

Commander mode and those 2 assets are really only things holding up to 32 players somewhat together.

And artillery .. Sure, it sucks to be killed by it, but then again, it sucks to be killed by anything. Better you become in the game, better you become at dodging the arty. Sure, every now and then you just spawn directly under a strike and can do **** about it, but then again, you can spawn in front of a tank as well. Also, it has the ability to break up boring standoffs and stalemates, and keep the things moving. Besides, it's just damn cool to watch arty rain at a flag you're going to cap, and adds some more explosions and flying bodies to game.

Also, I think cmdr should have one tool to directly influence the battle. I have no idea what other than arty it could be. Also I'd guess it makes commanding more interesting. If arty is what is needed to get somebody take cmdr position, I'm happy with it.

All of that stuff promotes teamplay, because it both gives your team some more resources to play with, and it also forces you to play around opposing arty/uav/scan.

Comment

The ability to fire an artillery strike doesn't mean the other team is inferior. Games aren't decided by who launches the first arty strike. Evading artillery is also very easy. Yes, sometimes it comes unsuspected and can ruin the whole 2 APC + Tank + handful of infantry tactic, by all means, artillery doesn't ruin this game. It's the people who blows this out of proportion. And if you truly can't evade an artillery strike, then, learn the basics trades of the game. Artillery is DRAWN to near flags and near crowds. Next time, maybe you should get a bit more further away from your main group.

Comment

So no.
                                It can be done. I did it last night. I dropped AT mines behind a tank. When artillery came, it exploded the mines and took out the tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X