Remove Commander mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remove Commander mode.

its all part of the game, get over it or get lost (dont play)

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck0
      Or even better, Blackhawk Down. The commander is a representation of the entire support staff behind the men in the battlefield. The scan function makes complete sense given the technology you see in the movie.

This game is not about lone wolfing it. That's just boring. Commander abilities break up stalemates, keep the game moving, and reduce frustration with campers.
      Thanks! In Black Hawak Down, images are relayed to the the General in the base. You can se the faces of the skinnies even, that's what technologies are today. You have to find a better way to survive.

I don't like tank whoring also, but there it is. You have to live with that. If you do not like the idea go play another game likw SWAT 4, it doesn;t even give you a radar like one you get in Call of Duty dude!

Comment

Originally posted by iostreamz
        You see, this is a compromise that i would be willing to make.

Nice work,

you should learn to move around.

camped too much in CS?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead101
          its all part of the game, get over it or get lost (dont play)
          Correct. The thing is that all these are well thought out by the game designer. They are balanced. Otherwise, the game won;t be released as it is which i feel is just about right.

You got something very powerful like the privacy invading satellite and the uav scan, alright, pull a few guys with you, pick up some claymores and go deep behind enemy lines and take out those annoying UAV trailer and Satellite dish then. Also the cannons. That;s what the game expects you to do. Form a Spec Ops team with say 3 Spec Ops and 1 medic with you. Sneak in using your intelligence and **** those assets up, that's your job as Spec Ops right?

Comment

Originally posted by BF2Freak
            Make it more interestig, why don't make Commander capable of seeing the other Commander. So Commander can bomb each other's ass and in the worst scenario, Commander can command his teams to hunt for the other Commander.
            This is already in the game. All a commander has to do to find the other commander is do a scan of the battlefield. Look for red dots in places COs typically hide (around their main bases). After the red dots from the scan go away, click on the location(s) where you saw the solitary red dot(s). If the dot shows up blinking red, it is regular infantry. If it is blinking white, it's the enemy commander. Any time the CO is zoomed in and "spots" an infantry target and it blinks white versus red, it's the enemy CO.

Comment

To the OP:

You're certainly not alone in your thinking. I posted a similar thread nearly 6 months ago. You might thumb through some of the replies there to see some additional discussion.

Comment

What about: Disable the use of supplies to repair the assets. Destroyed assets must be repaired by Engineer and at least 2 points should be awarded to Engineer, currently 1 point seems rather mean! Don;t you ever think so?
                I disagree about disabling the use of supply crates to repair CO assets but wholeheartedly agree with the increase to 2 points for Engineer's repairing CO assets. Engineer points system is in serious need of help.

Comment

Thats the problem the lack of team work, makes the opposing teams scans(even if the commander is incompetent he/she can still click "scan", "arti"

The Support don't drop ammo, the medics rarely heal, i see like 1 anti-tanks in a team of 20, and if i am spec ops, i find myself the only one trying to make way to the enemy assets, thats when i get nailed by an arty strike, when there is nothing else around me, so im sure it was launched JUST for me....what team work ?....uts the lack of team work on MY team that makes me hate the opposing commander mode, b/c it seems that no matter which server i join...the opposing team always seems to be more coordinated.

Either way, I seem to have come across several people that don't share my P.O.V, so then I must automatically "Learn2play".

I shall take my leave, have fun playing commander.

Comment

Artillery is not good in SF. The maps are treacherous enough with claymores and C4 traps around every corner. The last thing we need is getting it from the sky too. Besides, how useful is arty in Iron Gator for example?
                    For vanilla I think it is fine. If you are having some problems I would suggest changing up your style a little. Take a different patch, use a tank, hell, fly a helo. there are lots of things to do in the game. Dont get snagged on just one.

Comment

Thats the problem the lack of team work, makes the opposing teams scans(even if the commander is incompetent he/she can still click "scan", "arti"

The Support don't drop ammo, the medics rarely heal, i see like 1 anti-tanks in a team of 20, and if i am spec ops, i find myself the only one trying to make way to the enemy assets, thats when i get nailed by an arty strike, when there is nothing else around me, so im sure it was launched JUST for me....what team work ?....uts the lack of team work on MY team that makes me hate the opposing commander mode, b/c it seems that no matter which server i join...the opposing team always seems to be more coordinated.

Either way, I seem to have come across several people that don't share my P.O.V, so then I must automatically "Learn2play".

you can hear the shell coming down, and just avoid. as you said you camp in one place for too long, that's like asking for it.

Comment

If Commander should be removed from the game, please remove team/squad features also. It is because they form a system when combined together. If that happens, then BF2 is no longer a BF2 game, it is another BF1942 with just a modern age setting that's all. It will not be differntiated from other FPS games out here in the market. It will no longer be unique.

I know there are technical difficulties for some to play as a team like different languages, kids, lone-wolves background...etc.

If you come up top this board to discuss the topic without other intentions, then you have the results here. If you are genuinely hoping the commander feature be removed, why not send an e-mail message to EA/DICE to tell them what you think?

When I play commander, I am equally busy as I play any other unit types. I have not a moment leisure to be quite honest with you. The only time I can take a coffee or tea is that when no body would be willingly enough to repair assets for me while I am still waiting for the supplies to be recharged.

SCAN, UAV, Artillery and accept supplies request. Rebuke all squad every 1 minute is what I used to do because it raise their morale. At the same time, constantly keep my eyes opened for sniper checking all the buildings in map. Directing teams to re-take lost choke points....there are millions things to keep you busy as a commander.

Comment

Rebuke all squad every 1 minute is what I used to do because it raise their morale.
                          Hopefully you meant "Commend" rather than "Rebuke". Few things irritate me more than an idiot commander rebuking me/my squad because I won't abandon the team's last CP to go all the way across the map and attack the base furthest from me. :evil:

Comment

What about: Disable the use of supplies to repair the assets. Destroyed assets must be repaired by Engineer and at least 2 points should be awarded to Engineer, currently 1 point seems rather mean! Don;t you ever think so?
                            I agree. Using supplies to repair assets is good if no one is trying to repair them, but people should just play as Engineer when commander to repair them if no one helps out.

Artillery is my biggest complaint, I have been killed by it just as many times as I have killed others with it and I just see it as being way too powerful. The best solution that I can see for it without removing it from the game would be to either increase the time it takes to recharge or reduce the number of shots per barrage (or a mixture of both).

Comment

Look, you should go watch the movie buddy, it's called "Enemy of the State". In the movie, you will see how powerful satellite technology is in the last century.
                              Thanks! In Black Hawak Down, images are relayed to the the General in the base. You can se the faces of the skinnies even, that's what technologies are today. You have to find a better way to survive.
                              Sweet Mary mother of Christ, please tell me you aren't citing Hollywood movies to prove how things are in real life. Nice to see you've garnered such an education at the cinema.

Comment

iostream,

You aren't being told to learn2play because you have a different opinion, you are being told to learn2play because you are complain about things that other people have been able to adjust to and account for in this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X