Remove Commander mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Commander mode.

Personally I think Commander mode is ruining the game(well mostly the UAV and the scans.

I am mostly a sniper and Spec-Ops...if I spend 5 minutes on foot dodging the enemy as to not be seen to make my way to an advantageous position...I don't want it ruined by a scan that can be made every few seconds/minutes (w/e)

The artillerly is a little iffy and the supply drops are eh...

But in general I think commander mode should either be removed or given the option of turning off...that way players that would like to play without it can find and join servers with is disabled.

This is just IMHO and my two tickets.

Re: Remove Commander mode.

would be nice to have it disabled/ or the scan an option.

Comment

I think it's a little late for DICE to remove the commander mode . And I thought spec ops were invisible to scans, just not to UAV's?

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
        I think it's a little late for DICE to remove the commander mode . And I thought spec ops were invisible to scans, just not to UAV's?
        If you're standing still.

Comment

sniper whiners...Cammand ers are necessary so that the whole team doesnt become lone wolves and stat whores. Teamwork is necessary for consistant victory.

Comment

Commander mode sucks, agreed. It's in there for the 5 year old people that EA is advertising too. I mean c'mon, the little kids that were dumped off at whatever game store in the mall their parents could find most definately would be like "Woa, cool! A commander! MOMMY I WANT IT!" Thus another $50 for EA.

However, expect this topic to go one of two directions: Idiots come in here saying it's an integral part and important, or it simply gets locked before that can happen. Happens with pretty much every other anti-commander thread that there should be a law on their tendencies. ^^

Originally posted by LadySorrow
            Teamwork is necessary for consistant victory.
            Too bad the commander does away with teamwork, except for maybe taking your whole team and running suicidally at one location with your fire button held down. But then again, that basically is begging an artillary strike to ruin the whole notion of your team working together too.

Comment

I suggested they make a different conquest mode, just like we are playing now but with no commander...that way you can play with it it without it...same with maybe having it as a server side option to turn on or off...just get tired of commanders sometimes...

no, snipers and spec ops show up just live everyone else, doesn't matter if you are moving or not.

Comment

Im talking about a P.U.G on a pub server....not a match, or a scrim.

You're telling me that I have to play along a certain notion of what this game "should" be ?

NO thanks, I did that too much on Counter-Strike(practice, matches, scrims)..it became more like a job than a game.

And on the bright side, at least the scans, UAVs, and arti keep me on my toes

Comment

If you have a mature and intelligent person as your commander, then it's well worth it, and I dont see what you're whining about. If you have a commander who's a total twat, then mutiny against him. If he's really that big a **** thhen the entire team will boot him out.

Comment

sniper whiners...Cammand ers are necessary so that the whole team doesnt become lone wolves and stat whores. Teamwork is necessary for consistant victory.
                    I've played round where we had no commander and kicked the butt of the other team who had one because our team worked together.

Comment

Originally posted by ARC|Noodles
                      If you have a mature and intelligent person as your commander, then it's well worth it, and I dont see what you're whining about. If you have a commander who's a total twat, then mutiny against him. If he's really that big a **** thhen the entire team will boot him out.
                      Im refering to the OTHER teams scans and UAVs(and in effect my own teams scans and UAVs as well)

Why give a sniper a Bush Rag, and give super sprint to a spec ops, all to be negated by a simple scan ?

It just dosn't make sense to me, im sorry.

EDIT**
                      The UAV is not as bad as the scan, b/c at least the UAV has visual confirmation of its effective range.

Do you know how many times i have been defending a flag by myself, for a few minutes(found a REALLY nice spot, so i set up my tent =D) all to have an arti strike CENTERED right on me ?...its a joke and you all know it.

Comment

Originally posted by ARC|Noodles
                        While a mature and intelligent commander is a plus, it means absolutely nothing when the players themselves are morons. And vice versa, what about an idiot commander, but a team that can work together ON THEIR OWN, without the aid of their hacking friend? (face it, the commander is basically letting one person on each team hack)

What should have been done was keep the 1942 artillary, do away with crates, scan, and UAV and concentrated on the more sensible featuers. The spotted feature is a decent addition, and without the UAV/Scan it would have been just sufficient enough for relaying information without compromising a great amount of tactical possibilities for "teamwork" and "action" as it seems to be called.

Also VoiP is really all you need to keep a team together and informed. The commander is creating a middle man, something you don't have time for in cramped maps (and suicide-fests) of Battlefield 2. Not to mention the whole chain of command thing simple doesn't work well except in perhaps a clan setting, where they're going to have Team Speak or Ventrilo and communicate on their own anyway. Simply having a team-based VoiP instead of the heirarchy would have opened up many more possibilities for the teams. Of course, fleshing out the options in it, such as muting that annoying moron that KNOWS everyone on the team can hear him and singing random songs way out of key or simply yelling like an idiot, would be needed, but not terribly difficult at all.

Comment

Commander is only useful in competitive play where people actually have voice comms to direct people, and know what they're doing.

Pubs are a joke.

Comment

a good commander uses his mic. and lets the team know what is going on, where a squad is needed and where there is a flag that can be easily captured. and I hate playing in games when tthere is no commander or the commander doesnt know what hes doing and you really really need an arty strike

Comment

a good commander uses his mic. and lets the team know what is going on, where a squad is needed and where there is a flag that can be easily captured. and I hate playing in games when tthere is no commander or the commander doesnt know what hes doing and you really really need an arty strike
                              And without the commander, and instead having an alternative to TS/Vent right there in the game for your whole team, as well as the 1942 artillary model, all of those problems are eliminated, you have better communication, and better information from your team (without excluding people due to a stupid commander, stupid squad leader, or a micless version of either of those roles, much like the current system does)

Comment

Working...
                              X