Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rooftop Camping PKM Style, now with video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rooftop Camping PKM Style, now with video.

^But is that a reasonable solution? If you want to 'adapt', you have to go sniper or risk getting mowed down no matter where you go by single-shotting PKMs? People complained about GLs and people who bunnyhopped and put them at their feet for cheap kills, but there was a huge difference between that situation and this one: The GL in the hands of those people was really only lethal from 5 feet away. Anything beyond that they couldn't hit a turd in an outhouse with it so just about every weapon, even piddly SMGs, could take them down while they bunnyhopped everywhere trying to reload the next nade. The PKM does not suffer at ANY range except ranges in which they cannot see. The only gun that could match a PKM at most ranges is another PKM or a sniper rifle. I've only lost two head-on fights (where I wasn't outnumbered) since the patch came out when I've had the PKM and someone else had a different weapon. Once against a G36C at medium range, and once against an L85 at longer range (I'm glad they made the L85 a OSK to the head in the patch). That's it. And I'm only a mediocre player so I'm not bragging about my skills or anything. Any other time I've lost head-on confrontations it's been with other PKM/MG36s or I've been facing multiple people.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaNut
      I'm really looking forward to the day where all my enemies on karkand are carrying LMGs
      I'll be grabbing my L96 that moment, and teach them a nice little lesson.
      And you're looking forward to that... sigh. BF2 was never about teams stacked with GLs and it shouldn't be about the same with PKMs. This is exactly the sort of thing we want to avoid.

Plus, don't for a minute think you're safe as a sniper against a PKM or MG36. I've successfully used them to take out many a sniper post-1.2. Whilst you hit me once and then reload, I'll have put 1-3 shots into you (only 1 headshot needed). Support can also take flags. I'd like your able team of snipers take the flags.

Like I said, things will get a lot worse than they currently are on the city maps once every man and their dog gets whiff of the new 1.2 PKM's abilities. Many still aren't using support because they don't know or haven't discovered the power of the PKM yet. They may not even have it unlocked. After all we're only approaching 2 weeks post patch...

Comment

Well to all said the other weapons need a buff to match the PKM. PLEASE not another nerf.
        I agree that right now an assaulter does not stand a chance against a support class prone in a good position. But now maybe some people will stop saying that the sniper is a worthless class
        And that's usually the only troop that can take out an MG nest. I don't think that any sane soldier would run infront of an MG nest, no matter how far away it is.
        MGs are automatic sniper rifles due to their steady bipods. I think that they are fine in BF2 although many might disagree as seen.
        But eh, our argument will not change a thing. I just hope that the devs keep finetuning the weapon accuracy of other classes.
        I also believe that the gunner should be a tad slower than the assaulter or the AT soldier. But that's just me.

I'll go for some gunner hunting tonight. Might fire up fraps and see if I can get some footage

Comment

when used properly the G3 is a bad ass weapon, the most powerfull assault and most accurate as well

the only way a pkm will get the best of me is if he can get prone before i pump the 4 shots it takes to kill an armored troop

or as whore did, and i didnt know where he was

my best score as of yet with the G3 is 27 kills to 4 deaths on foot running around mashtuur city

i really love the pkm as well, ive mowed down entire squads with the thing
          i love it when one guy walks around a corner and as soon as i kill him theres the rest of the squad trying to revive him

i think things are fine the way they are
          no matter how good the support weapons are, theres always going to be other people that are gunna go medic or AT, ALWAYS
          youre not gunna take out tanks by trowing nades at it, unless hes and idiot, hes not gunna sit there and wait for you to throw out the 20 nades it takes to do so

i like that you can actually hit stuff with the AA, i think it should have been like this from the beginning
          IRL AA is 95% accurate, its a real life aimbot, most dont even require to actually hit the aircraft, but just come with in a close proximity

now i havent personally expierenced that crazy AA that does 360's untill it finds a target, so obviously it does need to be tweaked a little

blah blah blah i dont feel like typing on this laptop anymore

Comment

Working...
          X