Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hate BF2 1.2

Originally posted by RoguePhotonic
    I was chasing an F35B in a J10 and fired two missile at it in flight the F35B deploys his flares and pulls as hard as he can up...the missiles are uneffected and fly up and kill him.

I played the patch for hours tonight and it's impossible to avoid missiles while turning...it was proven to be more effective simply flying straight and slightly moving.
    If you are a good DF pilot, you should know better than flying straight in any battle situation. Any jet pilot in the real world who engages hostile ground (or air) targets and find himself in a mess (like the overall BF2 gameplay) and flies straight for over 30 seconds will be shot by either enemy planes or ground AA.

Conclusion: Even when there are no enemies around and even your team is winning and even when you are in full health, don't ever fly straight, always act as if someone is on your tail. That will decrease the enemy pilot positioning himself on your tail by at least %50.

Comment

Originally posted by LBC|Jester
      CRY CRY CRY!!!!!!!
      Let's not make comments like these. They will cause nothing but flamewars. There will always be people who like something and there will always be people who don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by maranello
        If you are a good DF pilot, you should know better than flying straight in any battle situation. Any jet pilot in the real world who engages hostile ground (or air) targets and find himself in a mess (like the overall BF2 gameplay) and flies straight for over 30 seconds will be shot by either enemy planes or ground AA.

Conclusion: Even when there are no enemies around and even your team is winning and even when you are in full health, don't ever fly straight, always act as if someone is on your tail. That will decrease the enemy pilot positioning himself on your tail by at least %50.
        This will actually create a new dogfighting atmosphere, where the first lockon rewards the first kill. Thats actually something quite new.

Comment

Ya, i hear from some friends that playing infantry sucks, but if your in a tank its easy street. I havent bothered to DL the patch yet, just reading up on forums and finding out what other people think and so far, im prolly gonna go back to playing CSS

Comment

Oh of course if you are just some guy who bought BF2 6 months ago and have no experience with planes, doesn't know anything at all about plane physics, who just bought a joystick so he can "pwn them noobs with 1337 skillz" then say good bye to your good old days...
            Thats me, I fly the Blackhawk for transport in single player ... just.

Comment

If you are in a squad, and if you have 2 squads under your control Nothing will pi$$ you off...Trust me.

If you are a good jet pilot that knows aircraft physics, how to manoeuvre, your capabilities, you can have the best damn AA guy in the ground, he won't be able to shoot you down.

What do i mean? I mean play some Falcon 4.0 AF, play some flight simulator, and then some little LOMAC, and come back and you will see AA (the ones in the game) is a joke against any aircraft.

The key is to know when to attack and not to attack, know how to make a dive, and so on.

Yes the aircraft in those games are not the same. I agree, but all the games that have aircraft in them have to obey general fundemental physics laws.

Oh of course if you are just some guy who bought BF2 6 months ago and have no experience with planes, doesn't know anything at all about plane physics, who just bought a joystick so he can "pwn them noobs with 1337 skillz" then say good bye to your good old days...
              Excellent post... Would like to add that each plane up in the sky has a number of ground troops who can be very good at clearing AA sites so jets can make bomb runs... Snipers would be excellent at this job.... I believe they call it teamwork.

Comment

You seem to not understand what I was saying....I know not to fly straight but with the new missiles being unrealistically accurate it's more effective to just fly straight now avoiding missiles than it is to turn as you will ALWAYS die while turning.

Comment

You seem to not understand what I was saying....I know not to fly straight but with the new missiles being unrealistically accurate it's more effective to just fly straight now avoiding missiles than it is to turn as you will ALWAYS die while turning.

I suggest you should read about current Air-to-Air missiles that JSF and Mig series use. Read their accuracy.

If you are in a JSF, and lock on something that is 100 feet away from you, unless you are drunk or didn't get laid last night, there is no way that other plane's flares will save him.

Comment

i LIKE THIS TREATH!!!! this is the first noob doing a treath just to show that hes going to quit from BF" and THAT`s AWESOME, the noobs go away and the good ones will make bf2 a better game, this is what ive been expected

1.2 WIll be a sucess!!!!! AND THE EFFECTS ARE JUST BEGINing!!!

Comment

If you are in a JSF, and lock on something that is 100 feet away from you, unless you are drunk or didn't get laid last night, there is no way that other plane's flares will save him.
                      Oh, well, guess I'm screwed then!

Comment

I suggest you should read about current Air-to-Air missiles that JSF and Mig series use. Read their accuracy.

maranello, apart from reasonability in your posts. This is not a flight sim. This is not a sim at all. Should never be taken as. Should never be compared to real life as.

Comment

lol no noobs will exit because of this patch...only good players will because noobs cannot fly anyway....we have this patch because counter strike players want the game to be counter strike.

Comment

On a side note, flares are not good in dog fighting as they are with Ground AA. In order for them to work, there has to be some distance between the two planes that are dogfighting. You can not expect your flares to save you if the enemy plane on your tail is close enough to tell your hair color.

Try using flares when the enemy is far behind. Maybe 1-2 miles or maybe even 1/2 mile. They will work if you know how to fly.

In a case like what you just said, there is NO way that you will stay alive unless the enemy pilot is extremely inexperienced. That's the way it is, that's the way it should have been.

Oh in real life, planes never get that close to each other

Comment

lol no noobs will exit because of this patch...only good players will because noobs cannot fly anyway....we have this patch because counter strike players want the game to be counter strike.

what are you talking about?

Comment

The plane I shot missiles at was around 150M away and the flares did nothing for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X