Hate BF2 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate BF2 1.2

just played it for 2 hours, tried everything - conclusion: i hate it. the battlefield spirit is gone, its a whole different game now.

snipers and AA missles are way too strong. everybody can shoot down a jet now, i mean everybody, even if planewhore is sitting in it. blackhawk is useless, miniguns dont do anything anymore. being infrantry you are getting sniped permanetely. and the n00btuber still is the same as before. i dont understand. i think i am done with this.

Update after thinking about it for 24 hours:

Still hate it. So much. Being able to jump and prone and fire really fast and then get up to find the next target was never a real big issue for me, but i used it. Now that its gone, i miss it like the desert misses the water. now i feel like my grandmother playing this game. Infrantry Action is so slow now. Both players dive and stay prone till the fight ends, usually with a random headshot.

What angered me greatly was the grenade launcher. I was happy to hear that they change it in the patch, so you can do more infranty fighting, c4chucking and shotgunstyle. But all this is limited now, but the noobtubing hardly changed at all.

Also the snipers are way to strong now. Being 5 times in a row shot down by sniper yesterday, i dicided to go sniper by myself. I was ridiculous. I never really used to sniper class (i suck at sniper) but yesterday i shot so many people, its not funny anymore. I thought they wanted to keep Bf2 a teamplay game and then i have to see this.

I think the AA - jet/helo action was balanced before the patch. The only thing that was not balanced was the j10-thrust. now its just stupid. i tried it yesterday, just sitting in the essex and i am pretty sure the flares didnt help when you locked the jet.

well anyways thank you whining bitching little noobs for ****ing up a perfectly good game. EA should have asked the expierienced players opinions.

Im just expressing an opinion, please dont flame me, just post your own.

Re: Hate BF2 1.2

and flares dont work if you do it right, believe me!

Comment

Get in a tank...from what I've heard choppers can't take out tanks, you can't be sniped out of a tank and jets are shot down way before they can reach you.

Comment

Yeah, no reason a tank won't still get you a good 40:1 ratio on Karkand.

Comment

Originally posted by froschquetscher
          just played it for 2 hours, tried everything - conclusion: i hate it. the battlefield spirit is gone, its a whole different game now.

snipers and AA missles are way too strong. everybody can shoot down a jet now, i mean everybody, even if planewhore is sitting in it. blackhawk is useless, miniguns dont do anything anymore. being infrantry you are getting sniped permanetely. and the n00btuber still is the same as before. i dont understand. i think i am done with this.

That bad ehhh? We was afraid of that, where did u get the patch? I found a link @ a site but it isnt but like 80 something MB?

Comment

Originally posted by « R²» P§I
            That bad ehhh? We was afraid of that, where did u get the patch? I found a link @ a site but it isnt but like 80 something MB?
            Dude, just take a look around these forums or do a quick search, and you'll find 40+ posts regarding it.

Comment

There are two versions. A large one around 371 MB and a smaller up around 81.6 MB. The larger is a full install and the smaller is for those upgrading from 1.12.

Comment

Originally posted by froschquetscher

The sniper rifles are RIDICULOUSLY accurate.... Standing headshots 100% of the time... I felt like I had an AWP in CS!! BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!

Comment

yeah right its a 1.12 - 1.2 patch, but seriously dont install it if there are still running servers with the old patch. theres not much fun in it. well, ... the new ranks look good, but thats it.

Comment

If you are in a squad, and if you have 2 squads under your control Nothing will pi$$ you off...Trust me.

If you are a good jet pilot that knows aircraft physics, how to manoeuvre, your capabilities, you can have the best damn AA guy in the ground, he won't be able to shoot you down.

What do i mean? I mean play some Falcon 4.0 AF, play some flight simulator, and then some little LOMAC, and come back and you will see AA (the ones in the game) is a joke against any aircraft.

The key is to know when to attack and not to attack, know how to make a dive, and so on.

Yes the aircraft in those games are not the same. I agree, but all the games that have aircraft in them have to obey general fundemental physics laws.

Oh of course if you are just some guy who bought BF2 6 months ago and have no experience with planes, doesn't know anything at all about plane physics, who just bought a joystick so he can "pwn them noobs with 1337 skillz" then say good bye to your good old days...

Comment

i knew something was fishy with this patch when i didnt see the 'Patching, please wait...' box during install. every bf2 patch that ive installed has this message

Comment

I was chasing an F35B in a J10 and fired two missile at it in flight the F35B deploys his flares and pulls as hard as he can up...the missiles are uneffected and fly up and kill him.

I played the patch for hours tonight and it's impossible to avoid missiles while turning...it was proven to be more effective simply flying straight and slightly moving.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysanchez
                          i knew something was fishy with this patch when i didnt see the 'Patching, please wait...' box during install. every bf2 patch that ive installed has this message
                          Doesn't mean much. EA/DICE has used this type of patching utility before for previous Battlefield versions.

I hated the "Patching, please wait" one that they used, as you had no idea of your status or what was being installed. I guess they caught on as well.

Comment

I've installed the current patch, but I can't really say whether I like or dislike it. I connected to a US server (West Coast) so my ping was pretty high. Until there's some local servers which probably won't be until late afternoon it hard to give a good review.

Comment

Someone make a tally of 1.2 hate threads, this is getting good!

CRY CRY CRY!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X