Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Ranks!!!!

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
    Not really, just now you'll know that they have more global points, which if you lost the bid, you knew anyway.

Point is, they shouldn't even bother implementing a new rank structure to the existing point scale, as there is still no reason to play past 200,000 points if you are going for a top rank. Extending the points need to make higher ranks would increase longevity of the game.
    stop whining already! you sound like some EA basher who hates the game and plays it only cause hes some kind of masochist.

seriously, youve said that 5 times. new ranks are cool, so shut up about it. your suggestions make no sense (longevity of the game? it doesnt matter what rank you are, games still the same fun, youll either get bored at a certain point or not)

its really getting annoying now. if you dont like the ranks, stop bugging us and go phone EA to tell them how much you hate them. Im sure they'll really care about your opinion!

not only that, but if you want to have spent your WHOLE DAMN LIFE PLAYING BF2 JUST TO GET TO COLONEL, THEN GO RIGHT AHEAD!

youre just complaining because losers who play all day for 10 years wont be much higher than just standard players. somehow this makes me think that youre one of the people playing all day....

its stupid to say that only blazin uk and other losers should be high ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tegan
      First off, I am not a "little punk", I am working adult, and your tone sucks. You are being a stuck up arse. You think that we have some kind of control over how the ranks work. Guess what bub, we don't. If you want to take out your frustration on somebody, call DICE. There is no reason to treat people here like crap because you are mad that your imaginary online rank doesn't mean as much anymore. So what if someone is happy their rank is changing? Big deal. Rank has nothing to do with skill, and if you think it does, you need to re-evaluate. It's just a symbol next to your name and a word or two in your profile, that's it. Nothing more. The badges aren't changing, the ribbons aren't changing, they are compressing the rank tree and adding more ranks. Big woopty doo. Now because of a change EA/DICE is making, you run off on some tangent about how everyone is all "gimme, gimme, gimme"...gimme what? Because the makers of a game are making a change I have exactly zero control over I am a gimme grabber? Come on, get over yourself.
      You are completely missing the point I am trying to make. First off, you're the one that started the whole arguement here with your condesending remarks and childish assumptions that you think you know what I am talking about, when your reading comprehension is not up to par for a "working adult". I could give a flying flip less what rank someone has, and that's the point, it doesn't matter, you'll still have the same skill not matter what is by you ingame tag. But fact is many people have put in extra effort in a passtime that they probably would have not given as much effort to attain something that others do not, and by doing what they are presumably (as like I said, we don't know if this is indeed the new point structure or just a test of updating abilities) they are lessening the experiance for those that have worked for it, or those that take pride in accomplishing something. And don't even try to use the I'm a working adult, and think that that's going to garner some validity to your insults, it means nothing to try saying your an adult, when you post childish insults. Oh, and I am hardly "frustrated" with anything revolving around a video game, it's mearly something to comment on, and discuss/debate.

Comment

First off, I am not a "little punk", I am working adult, and your tone sucks. You are being a stuck up arse. You think that we have some kind of control over how the ranks work. Guess what bub, we don't. If you want to take out your frustration on somebody, call DICE. There is no reason to treat people here like crap because you are mad that your imaginary online rank doesn't mean as much anymore. So what if someone is happy their rank is changing? Big deal. Rank has nothing to do with skill, and if you think it does, you need to re-evaluate. It's just a symbol next to your name and a word or two in your profile, that's it. Nothing more. The badges aren't changing, the ribbons aren't changing, they are compressing the rank tree and adding more ranks. Big woopty doo. Now because of a change EA/DICE is making, you run off on some tangent about how everyone is all "gimme, gimme, gimme"...gimme what? Because the makers of a game are making a change I have exactly zero control over I am a gimme grabber? Come on, get over yourself.
        exactly! if only there were more reasonable people like the guy who made this quote, and less idiots like the one hes referring to in it.

that moron seems to think only some guy who plays BF2 for 2000 hours should be a high rank, and that being a high rank means everything.

well to some clan loser who doesnt have a life, having a high rank probably is computer gnome bragging rights, but they should seriously reevaluate your priorities if you want ranks to be hard to get!

this isnt the real military, its a damn video game ok?
        i have no sympathy for low-lifes who think that getting a rank in BF2 is "achievement." you need immediate psychological assistance if you're that pathetic.

Comment

You are completely missing the point I am trying to make. First off, you're the one that started the whole arguement here with your condesending remarks and childish assumptions that you think you know what I am talking about, when your reading comprehension is not up to par for a "working adult". I could give a flying flip less what rank someone has, and that's the point, it doesn't matter, you'll still have the same skill not matter what is by you ingame tag. But fact is many people have put in extra effort in a passtime that they probably would have not given as much effort to attain something that others do not, and by doing what they are presumably (as like I said, we don't know if this is indeed the new point structure or just a test of updating abilities) they are lessening the experiance for those that have worked for it, or those that take pride in accomplishing something. And don't even try to use the I'm a working adult, and think that that's going to garner some validity to your insults, it means nothing to try saying your an adult, when you post childish insults. Oh, and I am hardly "frustrated" with anything revolving around a video game, it's mearly something to comment on, and discuss/debate.
          You're the one who opened up someones mouth and crapped down their throat because they were excited their rank would change. Would you like me to quote that? Because I can. All I was doing was replying, because your attitude is terrible at best. If people are that worried over the effort they put in to a video game, there is a problem. For that matter, aren't those people who put in all the effort going to rank up as well? Hmm, why yes, I think they are. Which means all their hard "work" (uhh, isn't this a video game?) is still valid. They get a shiny new rank as well (or will at least be close to a shiny new rank). I brought up the working adult thing when you called me a little punk, and btw, not a single thing I have said to you has been near the insults you have slung at me. So who is the adult here? I wonder if you realize how childish you sound when you blather on about how your rank is going to be "worthless" now....like it was worth something before.

Comment

Originally posted by IntensivCareBear
            stop whining already! you sound like some EA basher who hates the game and plays it only cause hes some kind of masochist.

seriously, youve said that 5 times. new ranks are cool, so shut up about it. your suggestions make no sense (longevity of the game? it doesnt matter what rank you are, games still the same fun, youll either get bored at a certain point or not)

its really getting annoying now. if you dont like the ranks, stop bugging us and go phone EA to tell them how much you hate them. Im sure they'll really care about your opinion!

not only that, but if you want to have spent your WHOLE DAMN LIFE PLAYING BF2 JUST TO GET TO COLONEL, THEN GO RIGHT AHEAD!

youre just complaining because losers who play all day for 10 years wont be much higher than just standard players. somehow this makes me think that youre one of the people playing all day....

its stupid to say that only blazin uk and other losers should be high ranks.
            Wow the uber whiner speaks. I have never bashed EA, nor am I now. I don't think it's a good call implementing a new rank system, big deal get over it, it's called my opinion.

But, it's stupid to think that someone that only wants to play an hour or two a week should be the same erank as someone that puts in the time to earn it. I do play alot, because I enjoy it, when I don't enjoy it, I'll stop playing. I attained real rank in the military, experianced real combat, so I really don't take this for anything more than it is, something to passtime, that I happen to enjoy, it's a fun game, but you can put money on the fact that after experiancing it in real life, I can look at it for what it is a game. But like I told the other guy, there's standards that should be, and those standards are meaningless when they are constantly being changed to fit whatever agenda the loudest group of people are complaining about instead of bettering themselves.

Comment

put in more time to achieve it?

like i said, i and casual people (defined as: have lives outside of computers) put in maybe 45 min a day, more on weekends.

to say that only complete losers with 3000 hours deserve the highest ranks is bs.

if you think a rank in a video game is an achievement, then you need psychological attention now.

Comment

Tegan, you called me a stuck up arse, I called you a little punk, even? And I didn't open their throats and **** down their necks, I implied that it wouldn't make sense to alter the present system, and that if you want something you should work foir it, if you aren't willing to put in the time, and effort, than why should you get it? And like I said, this isn't just with a video game, it's with anything.

Intensivecarebear, you've proven in your past post, that you are the pathetic one, and I will waste no more time addressing you.

Comment

Wow the uber whiner speaks. I have never bashed EA, nor am I now. I don't think it's a good call implementing a new rank system, big deal get over it, it's called my opinion.

But, it's stupid to think that someone that only wants to play an hour or two a week should be the same erank as someone that puts in the time to earn it. I do play alot, because I enjoy it, when I don't enjoy it, I'll stop playing. I attained real rank in the military, experianced real combat, so I really don't take this for anything more than it is, something to passtime, that I happen to enjoy, it's a fun game, but you can put money on the fact that after experiancing it in real life, I can look at it for what it is a game. But like I told the other guy, there's standards that should be, and those standards are meaningless when they are constantly being changed to fit whatever agenda the loudest group of people are complaining about instead of bettering themselves.
                  As someone who has put in time in the military (btw, huzzah on that), you of all people should know how silly this argument is...No ones achievments are getting lessoned. The ranks are getting shifted. Instead of spending X hours to get to Master Sgt., now you spent X hours ot get to 1st or 2nd Lt. Hey, look at that, you got a Battlefield commission (haha, no pun intended).

Seriously, no ones achievments are being taken away. People who were Master Sgt.s before, will be something higher now, and some new Master Sgt.'s will take their place. It's just a shift in numbers/names, it's not ranks being taken away or lessened.

Comment

Tegan, you called me a stuck up arse, I called you a little punk, even?

Intensivecarebear, you've proven in your past post, that you are the pathetic one, and I will waste no more time addressing you.
                    Even. Now lets quit slinging poo at each other and agree to disagree, or keep the discussion cleaner I shouldn't have used that harsh of a term, but my point is the same (without the harshness).

Comment

Wow, I'm sorry but some of you guys are just savagase for new ranks, see what happens when a game has ranks in it.....

Comment

As someone who has put in time in the military (btw, huzzah on that), you of all people should know how silly this argument is...No ones achievments are getting lessoned. The ranks are getting shifted. Instead of spending X hours to get to Master Sgt., now you spent X hours ot get to 1st or 2nd Lt. Hey, look at that, you got a Battlefield commission (haha, no pun intended).

Seriously, no ones achievments are being taken away. People who were Master Sgt.s before, will be something higher now, and some new Master Sgt.'s will take their place. It's just a shift in numbers/names, it's not ranks being taken away or lessened.
                        Yes, maybe I am bitter about people being given something for nothing. Speaking from experiance even in the military, seeing people get promotions that they didn't deserve simply based on a new policy, it's annoying. And just to clarify, I don't think that all new ranks should be added above the current point system, but definitely not in agreement with the way it looks. Working them in is fine, but working ALL (but two) of them into under 200,000 is simply silly. Lessing the gaps to some degree is ok, but it just seems to lessen the whole idea behind it if they cram them all in to what we already have, what's the point?

Comment

Wow, Auto-ER-..
                          The game is made to be fun...the more promotions and awards you get the more fun it is...end of story. Who gives a rats ass about lowering standard...its a game!

Comment

Hmm so if I get this right I will not advance 1 bit.
                            Im a first sgt with 28000p and still need to get to 50000p to gain a rank
                            yet every person below me with more than 5000p will suddenly jump to the same rank as me without putting in as many hours, points, kills, badges and being ****ed off at the MANY retards that play this game.
                            GG EA GG...

Comment

Originally posted by shaft
                              Wow, Auto-ER-..
                              The game is made to be fun...the more promotions and awards you get the more fun it is...end of story. Who gives a rats ass about lowering standard...its a game!
                              What fun is "here ya go, don't worry about playing the game, we'll just give you everything without it"? Personally, I derive more satisfaction from setting a goal, and then obtaining it, as opposed just getting what I want. It seems the whole reason for setting up a ranking system is to set a level of goals to achieve through playing, but changing as radically as they appear to be seems counterproductive to that. Lessen the gaps some, fine, but come on.

On a positive note about it, maybe we'll see more teamwork, since pointwhoring to get the next set of unlocks and rank isn't always condusive (is that even a word?) to team play.

Comment

What if there is a really great player, who plays even better than you, but just can't play all that often? Wouldn't it be unfair for him to have a lower rank than you?

Comment

Working...
                                X