X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Ranks!!!!

Originally posted by Paholainen
    lol, this will make me atleast a Sergeant Major, niiice lol
    Wouldn't it be nicer if you had earned it, you're still going to be the same experiance wise, only now they will have cheated you out of worjking towards something. How about they make all the Expert badges 10 kills, would that make everyone happy?

Comment

Well he has 2nd lieutenant to work to then doesnt he. I would guess most get to sergeant major and think a year or two to 2nd LT. Well I give up, not much more in the game for me. I actually do not want them to drop sergeant major but thats as im only 18k or so from it, so im not too far off.

Comment

Expert badges should NOT be dropped, it shows that you have gained a level of practice with the weapon/kit to be able to obtain the expert badge, if they drop the kills to 10 from 18 and say 25 or 30 from 40 kills with a kit IAR, that is just making it easier for the nubs to spawn camp to get the golds.... personaly, bump them to 25 for pistol and knife and 50 for the kit.... now that would make it nice and hard as far as the whole rank progression is concerned, i could care less about the ranks... i like the medals, badges, and ribbons, that shows some skill, any fool can sit in the gunners seat of the BH with a good helo pilot and rake in the kills for points, or a moron in the back of the chopper tossing mines, whilest the support guy is pulling in reloading points and the pilot is getting driver ability assists... points are overrated, medals, badges, and ribbions.. that is the kewl ISH. in the military, you are known for having awards, patches to show what you have done and where you have been, strips to show the years you have been in. Walk up to a black hats' class A uniform, and then you will see a man of true respect.

Though i be the lone surrivor.... Rangers lead the way. Hooah!

[pWa]BHN_RECON

Comment

Then maybe
          Lieutenant General at ~ 250 000
          General at ~ 300 000
          and possibly even
          General of the Army at 400 000
          or
          300 000 and like Sergeant Major of the Corps = only one player at a time

Comment

its very easy to tell wats going on in this pattern

each account is 2 points below the next rank

so 2nd Lt. is 2 points below 1st Lt. 1st Lt is 2 points below Captain and so on.

so that makes it as follows:

2nd Lt: 60,000
            1st Lt: 75,000
            Captain: 90,000
            Major: 115,000
            Lt Colonel: 125,000
            Colonel: 150,000
            Brigadier General: 180,000
            * Major General: 200,000

*the only one that doesnt fit into the equation is major general because the account with major general is at 199,998 points which means major general is 190,000 or 195,000, unless you can find a brigadier general account with 199,998 points

Comment

Originally posted by bhnrecon
              as far as the whole rank progression is concerned, i could care less about the ranks... i like the medals, badges, and ribbons, that shows some skill, any fool can sit in the gunners seat of the BH with a good helo pilot and rake in the kills for points, or a moron in the back of the chopper tossing mines, whilest the support guy is pulling in reloading points and the pilot is getting driver ability assists... points are overrated, medals, badges, and ribbions.. that is the kewl ISH.[pWa]BHN_RECON
              Do you realise the fools and morons you speak of also get medals, badges and ribbons for their efforts?

Lets face it the whole points and rewards system means almost nothing about the skill of a player but that doesn't stop me and many others from enjoying it.

Comment

that will be nice. although it doesnt really matter for me lol

Comment

Originally posted by SQUiB_2154
                  Do you realise the fools and morons you speak of also get medals, badges and ribbons for their efforts?

Lets face it the whole points and rewards system means almost nothing about the skill of a player but that doesn't stop me and many others from enjoying it.
                  It does mean something, when you see someone with a high rank, you know he has lots of playtime on BF2 , means he knows the game, means he knows the maps, etc.... so there is a big chance he knows how to play the game better then someone with much lower rank .

Also, when some guy has for example a golden engineer badge, you know he has more then 100h as engineer, so you would think he has some knowledge of beeing an engineer .

Stat system isn't perfect, but it does tell you something .

And if you don't care about stats, and bla bla bla, don't replie here, it's a topic about stats

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted-
                    Providing this is correct, how do they adjust first seargent and master seargent? the difference between the two is 30,000 as it is now. I don't see how they could drop it to even it out without adding another rank in between them.
                    Master Sergeant and First Sergeant are both at the same value of points, but you only get First Sergeant if you have all the combat basic badges.
                    Originally posted by rombaft
                    Also, when some guy has for example a golden engineer badge, you know he has more then 100h as engineer, so you would think he has some knowledge of beeing an engineer
                    w00t! (Look at my stats)

Comment

So will my next rank be one of the new ones if I am Gunnery Sergeant, or will it still be Master Sergeant.

Comment

Haxors!!! some of them have a SPM of over 5000 .. reporting to EA

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
                          Wouldn't it be nicer if you had earned it, you're still going to be the same experiance wise, only now they will have cheated you out of worjking towards something. How about they make all the Expert badges 10 kills, would that make everyone happy?
                          Sour grapes there chief? It's not our fault EA/Dice are jacking with the ranks. No need to be a stuck up arse about it because some people are going to gain rank. I promise you, you're imaginary rank in a video game isn't that important.

Comment

Originally posted by Tegan
                            Sour grapes there chief? It's not our fault EA/Dice are jacking with the ranks. No need to be a stuck up arse about it because some people are going to gain rank. I promise you, you're imaginary rank in a video game isn't that important.
                            I'm not being a stuck up ass you little punk. I am saying, as I do with everything that people want to have lowered standards to fit their inablitlies (whether it be skill, or inability to play enough to get the points needed, even if they are truely skilled), whether it be in a game, or school, or whatever. People have such a gimme, gimme, gimme attitude they seem to think that everything should be handed to them on a plate, without having to earn it. Like when they took D as a passing grade away, all the borderline flunkies now either had to put some effort into school, or actual fail, instead of remaining the mediocore loser they were accustomed to. In relation to this game, having EA add new ranks into the existing point system isn't giving anyone anything, awesome, some people are now CSMs, I'll be a 1st LT, does that mean that they now that much better, or that I am better than the top players now? No, it means nothing, and continuing to lower standards in any aspect of life makes that aspect of life less meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
                              I'm not being a stuck up ass you little punk. I am saying, as I do with everything that people want to have lowered standards to fit their inablitlies (whether it be skill, or inability to play enough to get the points needed, even if they are truely skilled), whether it be in a game, or school, or whatever. People have such a gimme, gimme, gimme attitude they seem to think that everything should be handed to them on a plate, without having to earn it. Like when they took D as a passing grade away, all the borderline flunkies now either had to put some effort into school, or actual fail, instead of remaining the mediocore loser they were accustomed to. In relation to this game, having EA add new ranks into the existing point system isn't giving anyone anything, awesome, some people are now CSMs, I'll be a 1st LT, does that mean that they now that much better, or that I am better than the top players now? No, it means nothing, and continuing to lower standards in any aspect of life makes that aspect of life less meaningful.
                              First off, I am not a "little punk", I am working adult, and your tone sucks. You are being a stuck up arse. You think that we have some kind of control over how the ranks work. Guess what bub, we don't. If you want to take out your frustration on somebody, call DICE. There is no reason to treat people here like crap because you are mad that your imaginary online rank doesn't mean as much anymore. So what if someone is happy their rank is changing? Big deal. Rank has nothing to do with skill, and if you think it does, you need to re-evaluate. It's just a symbol next to your name and a word or two in your profile, that's it. Nothing more. The badges aren't changing, the ribbons aren't changing, they are compressing the rank tree and adding more ranks. Big woopty doo. Now because of a change EA/DICE is making, you run off on some tangent about how everyone is all "gimme, gimme, gimme"...gimme what? Because the makers of a game are making a change I have exactly zero control over I am a gimme grabber? Come on, get over yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by bhnrecon
                                Expert badges should NOT be dropped, it shows that you have gained a level of practice with the weapon/kit to be able to obtain the expert badge, if they drop the kills to 10 from 18 and say 25 or 30 from 40 kills with a kit IAR, that is just making it easier for the nubs to spawn camp to get the golds.... personaly, bump them to 25 for pistol and knife and 50 for the kit.... now that would make it nice and hard as far as the whole rank progression is concerned, i could care less about the ranks... i like the medals, badges, and ribbons, that shows some skill, any fool can sit in the gunners seat of the BH with a good helo pilot and rake in the kills for points, or a moron in the back of the chopper tossing mines, whilest the support guy is pulling in reloading points and the pilot is getting driver ability assists... points are overrated, medals, badges, and ribbions.. that is the kewl ISH. in the military, you are known for having awards, patches to show what you have done and where you have been, strips to show the years you have been in. Walk up to a black hats' class A uniform, and then you will see a man of true respect.

Though i be the lone surrivor.... Rangers lead the way. Hooah!

[pWa]BHN_RECON
                                Most people ive seen bragging about "oh i need my exp..." are usualy in a jet or tank the whole round

Last time i saw this at Oman, he was flying the bomber, and when i shoot em down, i jumped out mine and took it right as it spawned

Comment

Working...
                                X