New Ranks!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Ranks!!!!

I really don't see why you guys are arguing..Yes the ranks shift but then everyones perception of that rank will shift..Now First Seargent will be the less experienced rank and these new ones will show the experierence. I understand where you all are coming from but it wont be that bad.

Is it true they are taking out the lower ranks as Sgt_Splinter said. Cause that is complete BS if its true and yes we should flame if thats the case..I think they are just adding more ranks in between the current Seargent Major and 2nd L rank or well I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
      What if there is a really great player, who plays even better than you, but just can't play all that often? Wouldn't it be unfair for him to have a lower rank than you?
      No it would not..Just like in real life you get promoted for the most part for time served (I think). The really good players who cant play all that much have their stats to prove it.E.g. K/D ratio and SPM and so forth. If they want to be seen in my eyes as elite they will have to have the stats and the rank..

And if they do not have the time to play then its not fair for them to have the same rank as me. I make sacrifices to play the game cause I enjoy it..If they want a shinny e-rank like mine they will have to work for it or stat pad and have it whipped once they show anyone, the choice is theirs.

Comment

This doesn't even account for Serg Corp

This is between, Sergeant Major & 2nd Lt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Sly
          This doesn't even account for Serg Corp

This is between, Sergeant Major & 2nd Lt.
          But only one player can have it. Not sure how that works, but I would imagine it will be the Sgt. Major with the most something...or the best something. Perhaps the Sgt. Major with the best K/D ration, or the best K/D ration and best SPM. It's hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
            What fun is "here ya go, don't worry about playing the game, we'll just give you everything without it"? Personally, I derive more satisfaction from setting a goal, and then obtaining it, as opposed just getting what I want. It seems the whole reason for setting up a ranking system is to set a level of goals to achieve through playing, but changing as radically as they appear to be seems counterproductive to that. Lessen the gaps some, fine, but come on.

On a positive note about it, maybe we'll see more teamwork, since pointwhoring to get the next set of unlocks and rank isn't always condusive (is that even a word?) to team play.

Hmmm...oh yeah..what was the name of that game that everyone played for fun that didnt have any ranks, was a huge hit, people played it for years....oh yeah BF1942!! You want to set goals, save it for real life...most people play games to relax and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Tegan
              But only one player can have it. Not sure how that works, but I would imagine it will be the Sgt. Major with the most something...or the best something. Perhaps the Sgt. Major with the best K/D ration, or the best K/D ration and best SPM. It's hard to say.
              I thought this was the higheset rank possible so wouldn't it be the person with the highest global score?

Comment

Isn't that just General?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Sly
                  Isn't that just General?
                  I dunno..I think we are gonna have to wait a few weeks till EA sorts it out for us. Maybe they will have a new highest rank like 5 star general that only one person can have..Who knows?

Comment

check the other thread on new ranks, there is 10 of them, that one doesn't matter anymore as it is no longer the highest rank

Comment

Originally posted by shaft
                      Hmmm...oh yeah..what was the name of that game that everyone played for fun that didnt have any ranks, was a huge hit, people played it for years....oh yeah BF1942!! You want to set goals, save it for real life...most people play games to relax and have fun.
                      Thanks for your opinions, but I'll set goals anywhere I want. Plenty of games have no ranks and are fun, but this one does, and it adds another element to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft
                        Wow, Auto-ER-..
                        The game is made to be fun...the more promotions and awards you get the more fun it is...end of story. Who gives a rats ass about lowering standard...its a game!
                        Yes it's a game, but who are you(or I) to say what is "fun"? Maybe for Auto-ER- (and many others), it is "fun" to strive for rank...a satisfying feeling of acomplishment when promoted.
                        I understand Auto-ER-'s point, but I still think the change/additon in ranks is due...

Comment

I have fun ramming vehicles with c4 laden cars/choppers, as well as taking out enemy strategic devices while raping the commander and the people spawning......too bad so many servers have rules against this.

Comment

Originally posted by TVR_Fan
                            So will my next rank be one of the new ones if I am Gunnery Sergeant, or will it still be Master Sergeant.
                            No one has replied back about my question.

Comment

It will go up to some other sergeant, I'm First Sergeant and i will just go up to Sergeant Major.

Comment

Theres only one reason I'm posting this. First off if the way you put the ranks to be displayed in the forum is the way they are really going to be in game then the BF2 guys need to learn some Marine Corps History. I'm going into the marines in 21 more days and I'm gonna tell you I know the ranks and these aint right.

The General Tree is also short for Be My Little General. First comes Brigadier General, then Major General, then Leutenint General, and then General. Colonel is NOT inbetween the general ranks. If the way you posted the ranks is the way they are gonna be put then theres something dearly wrong.

Semper Fi-

Comment

Working...
                                X