Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Ranks!!!!

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
    That can't be the right scoring numbers, I mean what's the point if the highest score for the highest rank now, is the same after the patch. 200,000 for Major General, so wow all the 2nd lt's who are already at the top, will still be at the top, what's the point?

The ranks should progress after 200,000, with a slight lowering of the current point system, but adding new rank to the current point system is useless.
    It makes the game more fun, I mean, when you're at 50K and you need 150K more, I don't think it's alot of fun, but when it's closer, you'll get something after a shorter time.

Comment

Sorry but all his confuses me So it's official that theres going to be new ranks in bf2? If so what happens to my rank i have 50k global score & i've just turned SGT MAJOR.

Sorry but i'm confued

Comment

Originally posted by aeroshot
        It makes the game more fun, I mean, when you're at 50K and you need 150K more, I don't think it's alot of fun, but when it's closer, you'll get something after a shorter time.
        Adding ranks above 50,000, and closing the gap between teh upper ranks is one thing, according to that, you get a new rank at almost every 10,000 points, it's completely useless.

Comment

That's only 7 new ones. Wasn't it alleged that there would be 10 new ranks? Conceivably, the 3 extras will take you up to the 1,000,000 mark.

Comment

Re: New Ranks are tested

Interesting info escape_nl. I added MGS to the begining and fixed Brigadier General link.

Master Gunnery Sergeant - 59998
            Second Lieutenant - 74998
            First Lieutenant - 89998
            Captain - 114998
            Major - 124998
            Lieutenant Colonel - 149998
            Colonel - 179998
            Brigidier General - 180000
            Major General - 199998

Comment

Damn!!! just do the math...didn't u see the unlock screens...don't u know how many weapons we will have to unlock....just do the math guys...besides, u will see that it WILL be ALOT more dificult to get easy points...don't bother u'll see...I'm starting to imagine the faces of those whores!!!MUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Chez

Comment

so us NCOs dont progress sh1t, btw, im almost at sgt.major =(

Comment

2nd Lt. for me

Comment

awesome update! thanks!!!

Comment

This will settle the squable between multiple Sargeant Majors wanting to be commander

LOL

Comment

Not really, just now you'll know that they have more global points, which if you lost the bid, you knew anyway.

Point is, they shouldn't even bother implementing a new rank structure to the existing point scale, as there is still no reason to play past 200,000 points if you are going for a top rank. Extending the points need to make higher ranks would increase longevity of the game.

Comment

I also thought they would lower the requirements for the ranks when they added new ranks. I bet that means also more unlocks available.

Comment

Not really, just now you'll know that they have more global points, which if you lost the bid, you knew anyway.

Point is, they shouldn't even bother implementing a new rank structure to the existing point scale, as there is still no reason to play past 200,000 points if you are going for a top rank. Extending the points need to make higher ranks would increase longevity of the game.
                            I am not so sure about your first comment, I have "beat out" my buddy for commander who has higher global points, & we are both Sergeant Majors, however I am ranked higher as a commander

The new system will make it harder for me to get commander once in a blue moon I guess, but no big deal

I completely agree w/ your second comment

peace

Comment

I wonder what the requirements will be for Sergeant Major if 2nd Lieutenant is a paltry 75K? Sitting currently on 25K and I'm hoping the chance to get the next set of unlocks isn't too far away!

Comment

I think the longevity of the game is in fact prolonged by having more ranks between 50K and 200,000 pts.
                                The vast majority of BF players will probably not see 50K let alone 200,000. There is more incentive to try for another 10-15K than trying to get another 125,000. It's demoralizing to think you'll need to play for another 300hrs to progress in rank(in the old system).

Just my .02$

Comment

Working...
                                X