BF2 Sniping vs. Real Sniping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 Sniping vs. Real Sniping?

I made a one shot kill on wake island...

i was by the plane wreck on the south side of the island just north of the beach flag....and my target was prone on the hill behind the UAV trailer..right at the top so i was able to see his outline against the sky....i raised my shot by allot(to allow for travel, and drop) and i got it....i got uber lucky...on that one.....don't know the distance but it was pretty far.

i have made some long range shots..from one side of wake to the other.

Comment

I didn't read through the entire topic (it's just 4 pages, but hé, i'm lazy as hell). But I think I can say that BF2 sniping is pretty unrealistic after watching this movie:
      Warning, it's a bit shocking.
      http://my.break.com/Content/ViewCont...ak.com%2f74747

And it has a long link, but that because i searched for it, so don't worry.

Comment

I was in the middle of doing a long distance sniping video guide, but seeing as the bullet drop argument has reared its head again here's a few clips i just put together.

If you can't download it and watch fullscreen watch it at video size 800.

Comment

What codec do I need? I can't see the gameplay I can just hear it.

BTW, this is WhiteFeather, just under another name. I read all of your posts and I understand now I'm taking BF2 too seriously, it's no where near RL. I know that know because I'm starting to competition shoot, long range .

Comment

Originally posted by 77th|Repstock
            BTW, this is WhiteFeather, just under another name. I read all of your posts and I understand now I'm taking BF2 too seriously, it's no where near RL. I know that know because I'm starting to competition shoot, long range .
            Maybe one day you will earn your own nick instead of using Carlos Hathcock's one

Comment

For people that want to go to Sniper school in the Armed Forces, the least of your problems will be shooting. Creeping is probably the worst thing during sniper school.

Comment

Yeah I look forward to stalking though. Guess I like the rush of.. "Wow, I could die right now, I could be captured." Some people are just like that.
                I'm guessin you read Marine Sniper too? Long Tra'ang was probably the best sniper in the world. I love how he used that feather to edge his enemies on, kinda like "I dare you..." Your stats are awesome you have Xfire? It'd be cool to snipe with you. My xfire is repstock

Comment

Originally posted by HicRic
                  Yeah, it's anywhere on the head for a headshot.
                  You know. I've shot guys in the head with the pistol and I don't get a 1shot kill for it. Everytime I do a headshot, I have to do it 2-4 times(depending on their HP) Now and then if they're laying down I can get a 1shot kill. Mabey 1ce in a game as a sniper

Comment

Originally posted by 77th|Repstock
                    Yeah I look forward to stalking though. Guess I like the rush of.. "Wow, I could die right now, I could be captured." Some people are just like that.
                    I'm guessin you read Marine Sniper too? Long Tra'ang was probably the best sniper in the world. I love how he used that feather to edge his enemies on, kinda like "I dare you..." Your stats are awesome you have Xfire? It'd be cool to snipe with you. My xfire is repstock
                    Most of the sniping lies in bushcraft and stalking. The shooting part is the finish. When I was in the service I was a Designated Marksman for my platoon. So I was good with the FAL (scoped) but we didnt get any special training like a Scout/Sniper gets. Too bad I might add because from what I heard and read its very kool to learn all the trades of the job.

Yeah I am reading Marine Sniper atm. Very nice book which gives a little insight in what Carlos Hathcock experienced in those days in Nam.

Stats are still improving. I went from 10:1 to 11:1 in my KDR this Easter weekend. I was averaging 50:1 at some point, but finished on 40,14:1 for my 10 to 11 run (843 K : 21 D).

I have Xfire but for a different game and with another nick. I still have to fix it for BF2 (same as my account here) and will PM you then About playing together, thats fine by me (Spotter/Sniper style if you want to even). But it depends on where you are from because of lag/ping and I live in the Netherlands (timezone is GMT +1). I usually play a few hours during the week and most of the time in the weekend. As of late on the TV2 servers, either Dragon Valley or Dalian Plant.

Comment

ok everyone talks about bullet drop but what about wind???????

in real life anything over 200 meters wind has to taken into account this is not real sniping not even close thats why the scopes have elevation and windage settings on them

snipers wait all day for one kill not charging in with claymores at the ready

anyone hit by a 50 cal round is going down head arm leg torso..........or a 7.62 for that matter ........anyone that tries to campare this to real life is just being silly

Comment

Ofcourse wind takes effect on a bullet's travel. But there is no wind in BF2.
                        Originally posted by Jemme101
                        As of late on the TV2 servers, either Dragon Valley or Dalian Plant.
                        Yeah, I too have been playing on the TV 2 servers lately. I like how they all run BFRecorder. I live in the US, Chicago, but I think my machine is good enough to power through the lag. On average I get 110-150 ping in a Europian server.

Comment

Working...
                        X