Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for a new graphics card.

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef
    When it comes to amd, a lot of it is the board, but even more is the cpu, like eddy said. He was unlucky enough to get a bad batch and nothing will change that, not even a "better" board. Also, all of a certain series can not oc the same, it all depends on the stepping and the week that proc was made. Most of the 1xx optys can hit incredible oc's but certain steppings like cabge, completely suck and people are having a hard time getting them above 2.3-2.4. I'm doing ok right now, but I gotta get a better heatsink, cause this ones holding me back.
    Thats true I guess, but it does depend on the mobo's capabilities, the only real difference for overclocking I find in processeers is the core. Venice core's are suppoesdly very good for OCing. Anyways, Im jealous you have a dual core CPU. My motherboard cant support dual core unless I flash the latest BIOS, and I dont really wanna. So, I think Im going to purchase a new motherboard soon, the MSI Diamond Plus, with dual 16x PCIexpress lanes, so it doesnt lose bandwidth and go down to 8x in SLi mode. It is also really good for OCing. THen someday after that I will buy a dual core processer.

Comment

[QUOTE=j-train]They lost the deal with Nintendo and Microsoft for Console graphics chips,[QUOTE]

they gained a deal with microsoft with the x1800 graphics nvidia fell out of favor with microsoft because it refused to lower its prices for its graphics chips going into the xbox

ati is hitting back theve got the best graphics card x1900 out there and the best low priced card out there with the x1300 they just need to drop the
      x1600 relsease a x1700 thats better than a 6800gs to have an impact on mid range market

Comment

[QUOTE=Death Merchant][QUOTE=j-train]They lost the deal with Nintendo and Microsoft for Console graphics chips,

they gained a deal with microsoft with the x1800 graphics nvidia fell out of favor with microsoft because it refused to lower its prices for its graphics chips going into the xbox

ati is hitting back theve got the best graphics card x1900 out there and the best low priced card out there with the x1300 they just need to drop the
        x1600 relsease a x1700 thats better than a 6800gs to have an impact on mid range market

I love the fanboy rants.

The X1900 is NOT in the same class as a 7800GTX. Its a "new" series card that is coming out before Nvidias next launch (ATI always takes the early laucnh to get early buyers)

The 7900GTX will more than likely wipe the floor with the X1900. Because the X1900 barely beats out the 7800GTX as is.

The X1800 was a peice of friggen crap compared to the 7800 series, and im fairly confident that Nvidia will continue to lay it to ATI with the 7900GTX.

Oh, and before you call me a fanboy. I use an X800 Pro. (even though it IS a POS)

Comment

Sapphire's Fireblade x800 gto 256 is a great bang for the buck....12 pipelines, great overclocker and NewEgg has it for $146.00 ..competes with the 6800 gs for about $50 less.

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut
            Thats true I guess, but it does depend on the mobo's capabilities, the only real difference for overclocking I find in processeers is the core. Venice core's are suppoesdly very good for OCing. Anyways, Im jealous you have a dual core CPU. My motherboard cant support dual core unless I flash the latest BIOS, and I dont really wanna. So, I think Im going to purchase a new motherboard soon, the MSI Diamond Plus, with dual 16x PCIexpress lanes, so it doesnt lose bandwidth and go down to 8x in SLi mode. It is also really good for OCing. THen someday after that I will buy a dual core processer.
            Ok, right now graphics cards are just saturating the agp 4x bus, so there will be no performance gain from 8x to 16x. Also, avoid MSI! This will be the last board I ever buy from them. Either go with the asus a8n32-sli or the dfi expert if you must have dual 16x lanes.

Comment

[QUOTE=CaptJordus][QUOTE=Death Merchant]
              Originally posted by j-train
              Oh, and before you call me a fanboy. I use an X800 Pro. (even though it IS a POS)

yeh and i use a 7800gt so how am i an ati fanboy

ive already been called a nvidia fanboy earlier in this thread cant even say anything here without been accused of being a fanboy

Comment

[quote=Death Merchant][quote=CaptJordus]
                Originally posted by Death Merchant

ive already been called a nvidia fanboy earlier in this thread cant even say anything here without been accused of being a fanboy

sigh, as soon as you recommend "a ati card" or "a nvidia card" your immediatly a fanboy...

Comment

[QUOTE=Death Merchant][QUOTE=CaptJordus]
                  Originally posted by Death Merchant

Your a fanboy because your comparing apples to oranges.

Thats like me saying ATI is a better company because my X800 Pro outperforms my old Geforce 4 TI 4800SE.

The 7800GTX wasnt made to compete with the X1900, but it STILL just BARELY gets beat out buy it.

ATI cards SHOULD cost several hundred less, because they are built with JUNK parts.

Comment

[quote=CaptJordus][quote=Death Merchant]
                    Originally posted by CaptJordus

Your a fanboy because your comparing apples to oranges.

Thats like me saying ATI is a better company because my X800 Pro outperforms my old Geforce 4 TI 4800SE.

The 7800GTX wasnt made to compete with the X1900, but it STILL just BARELY gets beat out buy it.

ATI cards SHOULD cost several hundred less, because they are built with JUNK parts.

that's just crap mate :P seriously i'm happy with my card so i wont start a discussion... but crap parts... do you work with ATI or something ?

Comment

Working...
                    X